Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

TamH70

MIA
Will you be going down with the ship?

He's a cameraman/person, not a musician.

He'll be filming everyone else paddling away like madmen while he's safe in the first life-boat.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He's a cameraman/person, not a musician.

He'll be filming everyone else paddling away like madmen while he's safe in the first life-boat.
Ah, the Italian Sea Captain ploy.

Nick Robinson went tonto on Rishi Sunak this morning on the Today programme, by far the most aggressive and abrasive interview I've ever heard croaky Nick deliver. It wasn't really an interview, as Sunak wasn't allowed to answer anything without being talked over or interrupted, it was closer to an attack. Robinson spent at least five minutes carping on about a fictional Teaching Assistant who he accused Sunak of effectively reducing the wages of in real terms, coming back again and again until he finally conceded (to himself) he wasn't going to get the Gotcha soundbite he so desperately sought. Then he was off sermonising on overseas aid and Defence spending, Gawd help us.

Sunak did okay, but it sounded to me like he was taken aback by the ferocity of the attack from Robinson.

As per usual, nothing was learnt from the interview, apart from the fact that Nick Robinson is very, very cross with the Tory Government, who he thinks are all very nasty.

Funnily enough, I listened to Today from 0745 to 0900 this morning, and didn't hear mention of Cat Lady Cadwalladr's inelegant climb-down over her allegations of Russian money funding Brexit (Guido link below):

I wonder why?
Nick Robinson_unbiased.jpg

TamH70

MIA
Well when you have Rugby players now advertising men's moisturiser....you really know things have turned for the worse.

Could be worse than that. Vinnie Jones is now advertising Brut aftershave.

I don't think bigeye or anyone else will be going down with the ship as it seems that Boris is taking a more liberal approach to a range of issues, including the BBC, than was implied would be the case before the GE.
If the BBC survives this Tory govt, it will face change but not due to politics as such; more due to people not consuming TV. The political pressure will arise from people paying for something they don't consume, which will seem unfair.

Latest Threads