Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Less about direction contribution and the ability to view directly.
Facts, shmacts. I've decided to take a leaf out of the esteemed Arrsers already mentioned and not let reality or good taste get in the way of spouting forth on subjects I know nothing about.

It's liberating, but not in a good way. More like the freedom to jump off a cliff into shark infested waters.

The trouble is, all of Parliament's bandwidth would then be taken up with even more worthless prose than it is already. Can you imagine the excremental verbiage that @Emcon Ecomcon , @Higgs_bosun and @Graculus would pile up between them if they were allowed to directly contact Parliament? It's bad enough on Arrse, FFS.
Some of us appreciate economy in writing. HTH

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Some of us appreciate economy in writing. HTH
Hilarious. Go on, do your impression of a sane person; that's a scream too.

Do you want to have another go with some words in a different order?
I take it you and others have not seen the Parliament channel debate today ?
Labour MP - Earnest face for the poor of the world, whilst our economy is on the floor.
Tory MP - grey haired idiot waffling on about 100,000 deaths by the government, by reducing the foreign aid from 0.7 to 0.5% of GDP, for one year.

The BBC at 6 tonight; produced around 4-5 talking heads against the Government and nobody, but the government for an aid cut. So when I say we need a Prime Minister with a spine is crucial, otherwise Westminister would run this country into the ground.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I take it you and others have not seen the Parliament channel debate today ?
Labour MP - Earnest face for the poor of the world, whilst our economy is on the floor.
Tory MP - grey haired idiot waffling on about 100,000 deaths by the government, by reducing the foreign aid from 0.7 to 0.5% of GDP, for one year.

The BBC at 6 tonight; produced around 4-5 talking heads against the Government and nobody, but the government for an aid cut. So when I say we need a Prime Minister with a spine is crucial, otherwise Westminister would run this country into the ground.
Indeed. But this post I can understand. Your previous I couldn’t.

BBC Question Time audience figures
8.3 million on 22 Oct 2009
0.7 million on 19 Nov 2020

A lot of common sense in the posts about this, as this post aptly demonstrates...

"It is entirely the BBC's own fault for the plummeting of their audience. They value political correctness more than suitability of presenters or quality of the content. The BBC no longer reflect the views and values of the majority. Had not been for the compulsory nation of the BBC license fees, those who pay to watch the BBC would have been decimated."

Article now removed.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why?

I'll risk a slight thread deviation if I may.

On the subject of News broadcaster's bias, I notice that Aljazeera (English) have expunged form Wikipedia all mention of their activities in Egypt during the 2011 revolution and the subsequent troubles in 2013. Apart from a brief paragraph mentioning the 'resignation of 22 of it's Cairo staff (I don't recall that being the case) in protest at the pro-Muslim bias of the network's coverage of the Events in 2013.

I do recall absurd instructions from Dohar that would have got us into big trouble, constant requests for 'puff' pieces on Brotherhood members, a correspondent taken off air for being overly critical of a MB spokesperson during a 'down the line' interview and correspondent Anita McNaught shouted down by another Aljazeera correspondent (a member of MB as it turned out) for correcting his erroneous comments regarding political balance in Cairo.

Not just the BBC..

On the subject of News broadcaster's bias, I notice that Aljazeera (English) have expunged form Wikipedia all mention of their activities in Egypt during the 2011 revolution and the subsequent troubles in 2013. Apart from a brief paragraph mentioning the 'resignation of 22 of it's Cairo staff (I don't recall that being the case) in protest at the pro-Muslim bias of the network's coverage of the Events in 2013.

I do recall absurd instructions from Dohar that would have got us into big trouble, constant requests for 'puff' pieces on Brotherhood members, a correspondent taken off air for being overly critical of a MB spokesperson during a 'down the line' interview and correspondent Anita McNaught shouted down by another Aljazeera correspondent (a member of MB as it turned out) for correcting his erroneous comments regarding political balance in Cairo.

Not just the BBC..
Ah but are Al jaz funded by the British via means of a licence fee?

Not just the BBC..

I’m not forced to pay for AJ Bigeye.

Article now removed.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why?
Mirror still have it.

As does Guido.

Not just the BBC..
My view of the Media was forever clouded by Bosnia in the 90s(my service career) and an incident afterwards, when i was following my football team... Experiencing something personally and then watching the media version, was like watching a complex or chaotic situation, boiled down to good versus bad playground stuff.

The media are obsessed with a narrative, but a narrative is just a packaged and organised lie. The features of the narrative, is outright hostility to anyone, who is in opposition to that narrative and the system sort of worked, when we were all fixed in our national borders.

Today; as you highlight in AlJaz. Once you start to take a simple media narrative, over borders. Your lie is multiplying and becoming even more detached from reality. The modern world has created globalist lies on a whopper scale and the BBC taps into that regularly as irrefutable fact and why the station news sometimes is operating in opposition (chancellor save those jobs, versus global trade and everything foreign is good).

Latest Threads