Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I suspect that "pulled over by the police" may have been understated given the position of the car.
And right outside the local Nigerian restaurant, Enish, too! (I live around the area)

Tyk

LE
"Home Office figures for England and Wales show black people are approximately six times more likely to be subjected to Use of Force than white people - a disparity that does not apply to other ethnic minorities."
Probably because they kick off for the slightest reason, a copper only has to look their way and they start chopsing off.

This is why very basic figures are so easy to distort to fit a narrative.

Maybe if there was a little attention paid to the silly, but actually on point Chris Rock vid there would be less of a perceived issue.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That explains it then. It must be a drive through restaurant.
If it wasn't before, it probably is now. It's a strange restaurant, it's set inside a house but has a glass dome outside for "al fresco eating", TBH,if I was eating there, the last place I'd want to sit is in the dome with all of the shit going on outside!

Oh, you'd rather an all-white cast you wacist?
Wasn't there a black Dalek at one point?

Did encounter TC Tom Baker when he was "starring" as "The Doctor". It was one evening at The Grasshopper on Dartmoor and we had that "don't you know who I am?" moment at the bar. The amusing thing was that it was a mass outing of the ship's company of the current RN propaganda PR ship and the BBC crew and some of the actors filming Warship. Oh how we laughed.

Comments now blocked
Surprised the thing was allowed to run so long. The comments didn't get any better from a BBC point of view.

Interview without coffee for whichever minion thought HYS on worse than mediocre Christmas programming would be a luxury self licking lollipop for the BBC.

I wonder if the Emperor was in the vicinity of the BBC news room this day?

Probably because they kick off for the slightest reason, a copper only has to look their way and they start chopsing off.

Funny, however reasoned and measured the protestation may be in the subjects mind, it always comes out as "G'wan babylon - clang me upside me mouf an ting.".

The BBC are promoting a series on the joys of rap and grime music on their TV channel BBC 3. Nothing on BBC News about the latest incident from the the over represented 3%. Perhaps Sainsbury's or one of the other big supermarkets could include this aspect of black life in next year's Christmas commercials?

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The BBC are promoting a series on the joy's of rap and grime music on their TV channel BBC 3. Nothing on BBC News about the latest incident from the the over represented 3%. Perhaps Sainsbury's or one of the other big supermarkets could include this aspect of black life in next year's Christmas commercials?

Fashionable though it may be among the middle-class white people of Islington, rap and grime are more than a bit shíte.

There's plenty more world music that is worth bringing to our notice in the name of diversity.

I thought this one summed it up nicely...

View attachment 523277
I think I may have found the winner.

"
to Guy Fawkes
"
Thank god for NetflixMr Brown's Boys is about as funny as a fire in an orphanageAnd Dr Who has been completely ruined by the BBC already. I shall save everyone the aggro of watching it - 'Dr Who lands the Tardis in a polluted parallel universe run by evil middle aged white men, the Trumpicons, calls in her allies, the Diversicons, to win the dayAnd Danny Dyer? Enough said
"
jokei replied:
I think you're being overly generous there. My step dad died of vascular dementia, it's a terribly cruel illness, where your lungs slowly fill with fluid and gradually brain damages you. In our case, this took about two years of slowly watching this man - that was the closest I ever had to a father, dying. Utterly brutal experience.
Still funnier than Mrs Brown's Boys"

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

"
to Guy Fawkes
"
Thank god for NetflixMr Brown's Boys is about as funny as a fire in an orphanageAnd Dr Who has been completely ruined by the BBC already. I shall save everyone the aggro of watching it - 'Dr Who lands the Tardis in a polluted parallel universe run by evil middle aged white men, the Trumpicons, calls in her allies, the Diversicons, to win the dayAnd Danny Dyer? Enough said
"
jokei replied:
I think you're being overly generous there. My step dad died of vascular dementia, it's a terribly cruel illness, where your lungs slowly fill with fluid and gradually brain damages you. In our case, this took about two years of slowly watching this man - that was the closest I ever had to a father, dying. Utterly brutal experience.
Not even harsh. Just fair.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

"
to Guy Fawkes
"
"
jokei replied:
I have just nearly wet myself reading that last one out to SWMBO.

BBC Question Time audience figures
8.3 million on 22 Oct 2009
0.7 million on 19 Nov 2020

A lot of common sense in the posts about this, as this post aptly demonstrates...

"It is entirely the BBC's own fault for the plummeting of their audience. They value political correctness more than suitability of presenters or quality of the content. The BBC no longer reflect the views and values of the majority. Had not been for the compulsory nation of the BBC license fees, those who pay to watch the BBC would have been decimated."

Last edited:

Latest Threads