Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

"Police told people to remain indoors after a man "dressed in medieval clothes" attacked "multiple victims" with a bladed weapon on Saturday night."

The BBC report doesn't say who said this.

As usual with muslims and islam (a demographic who they promote and thrust down our throats at every available opportunity) the BBC retreat into a state of denial.

Of course I may be entirely wrong about the attacker's background.

I wonder if the BBC in Canada will use the same strategy as it does in the UK; that is actively seeking out muslim victims?

Must be the those pesky Knights Templars

Was he yelling ‘Deus Vult’, the crusaders’ battlecry and a direct equivalent to / translation of ‘Insh’Allah’?
Hope not... that would put every ex infantry junior leader in the frame...

EEB675DA-F5F9-41FA-956E-BF2CCA9CCDB0.jpeg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder what #journalismwithout fear have to say about beheading teachers who show why #Muslim religious fanatics murdered journalists?

Bit of a virtue-signalling paradox going on there, one feels.
Quite. The fact that she feels she has to say it tells you all you need to know about her.

Hope not... that would put every ex infantry junior leader in the frame...

View attachment 516763
‘Fraid so. It stems from Latin and was, apparently, first heard during the First Crusade in 1096.
The Wiki entry is quite illuminating on the subject, but too long to put here.
It ends with:
“... Disseminated in the form of hashtags and internet memes, Deus vult has enjoyed popularity with members of the alt-right because of its perceived representation of the clash of civilizations between the Christian West and the Islamic world. Crusader memes, such as an image of a Knight Templar accompanied by the caption "I’ll see your jihad and raise you one crusade", are popular on hard-right internet pages. The motto is also used by nationalist groups in Europe and was portrayed on large banners during marches celebrating the Polish National Independence Day in 2017.”

ETA: I knew I’d seen it is a British Army motto somewhere, but couldn’t remember where. It’s on a crest at my parents’ home. My old man (RIP) was an RAEC instructor at Oswestry in the early 70s.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
‘Fraid so. It stems from Latin and was, apparently, first heard during the First Crusade in 1096.
The Wiki entry is quite illuminating on the subject, but too long to put here.
It ends with:
“... Disseminated in the form of hashtags and internet memes, Deus vult has enjoyed popularity with members of the alt-right because of its perceived representation of the clash of civilizations between the Christian West and the Islamic world. Crusader memes, such as an image of a Knight Templar accompanied by the caption "I’ll see your jihad and raise you one crusade", are popular on hard-right internet pages. The motto is also used by nationalist groups in Europe and was portrayed on large banners during marches celebrating the Polish National Independence Day in 2017.”

ETA: I knew I’d seen it is a British Army motto somewhere, but couldn’t remember where. It’s on a crest at my parents’ home. My old man (RIP) was an RAEC instructor at Oswestry in the early 70s.
I was at Oswestry mid 60s and only remember one RAEC officer. All the other instructors/teachers were civies.

What I do remember is just about the first bit of army education came in the early days and, as junior leaders, we were all expected to be intelligent! We were given the ACE(Army Certificate if Education) Grade 3 and all were expected to pass this with no problems. Well I went into the exam with the same attitude I had at skule, I did not do exams and failed ACE3 - an almost impossible task! Unlike school I did not get a gentle "You can do better". No, I was tabbed in front of the Education Officer, given a bollocking and told, basically, to grow up. (I was 15 years old) I was then taken back into the room to resit the exam which I ACEd (SWIDT). Never failed an exam or test after that.

I was at Oswestry mid 60s and only remember one RAEC officer. All the other instructors/teachers were civies.

What I do remember is just about the first bit of army education came in the early days and, as junior leaders, we were all expected to be intelligent! We were given the ACE(Army Certificate if Education) Grade 3 and all were expected to pass this with no problems. Well I went into the exam with the same attitude I had at skule, I did not do exams and failed ACE3 - an almost impossible task! Unlike school I did not get a gentle "You can do better". No, I was tabbed in front of the Education Officer, given a bollocking and told, basically, to grow up. (I was 15 years old) I was then taken back into the room to resit the exam which I ACEd (SWIDT). Never failed an exam or test after that.
I found that with most of father’s colleagues. They were very adept at spotting those, of all ranks, who needed encouragement and those who needed a swift kick in the arrse to unleash their potential.

ETA: I should make perfectly clear, that my father also fell into this category, as attested by the numerous letters from former military students my mother received when he died, and by the former BFES headmistress he had taught for 11+ at the RN primary school, Malta, in 1960, who gave a eulogy at his funeral in 2018.

Last edited:
I'm fine with them not sending celebrities out to Africa. Is there any chance they could stop bringing Lenny Henry back?
As if he would ever want to live there for more time than he was contractually obliged.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Watching this right now:

Totally Under Control: Trump and Covid-19

I wonder at the scheduling....two days before the most divisive Election in recent U.S history.

That said, it's pretty unequivocal.

Some instant take aways from the programme:

QV: Exercise 'Crimson Contagion* ' - a CDC Government open source report which concluded in 2019.

* SOURCE

Key findings[edit]

• Federal government lacks sufficient funding to respond to a severe influenza pandemic.
  • Exercise participants lacked clarity on the roles of different federal agencies, and what information was important to pass on to federal partners.
  • HHS had issues providing accurate and relevant information to hospitals and other public health organizations.
  • Confusion between HHS, FEMA, and the Department of Homeland Security on which federal agency would take the lead in the crisis.
  • The United States lacks the production capacity to meet the demands for protective equipment and medical devices such as masks and ventilators imposed by a pandemic.
  • States were unable to efficiently request resources due to the lack of a standardized request process.[4]

State participants

# https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6942e2-H.pdf

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
While I agree the BBC is totally anti Trump, I don't think a programme shown in UK will make any difference to the USA result.

While I agree the BBC is totally anti Trump, I don't think a programme shown in UK will make any difference to the USA result.
It doesn’t but it does boost the BBC’s woke credentials which is more important.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Yep.....the documentary was released in the U.S two weeks ago:

Interestingly, I watched the BBC's "Newswatch" programme yesterday morning and the question of grumbles about anti-Trump bias was raised. Lo and behold, instead of examining this phenomenon, about half of "Newswatch" was then taken up with a blatant plug for the BBC's "Americast" podcast allowing a gushing producer to tell us - at very great length - how good it was. This podcast involves US correspondent Jon Sopel and the well-known and the very-well balanced Emily Maitlis ( sorry - that was a joke). A huge waste of time on a programme meant to examine the BBC's news output rather than plug its anti-Trump agenda.

Quite a bit of the rest of Newswatch was taken up with support from viewers who apparently disagree with the latest BBC guidelines on staff using social media. It seems viewers want freedom of expression for BBC staff.........

I have complained to Newswatch but expect a good ignoring.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So not really a BBC documentary. Now I'm no fan of the BBC but this is stretching things a tad far.

NSP

LE
Especially as any eligible voters in the UK will be likely voting by post and have had their ballots in the mail weeks ago.

Try and catch John Simpsons report about what the result of the presidential elections could mean to Britain.
[Spoiler alert : it includes Bonnie Greer at which point I switched over]

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
A thought did occur to me.

Not recently but since Boris Johnson was hospitalized with COVID-19, and would have died without it.

Declaration of interest: In 2018, I was in the same ward in St Thomas' Hospital in London where Bojo was treated. I'm only here because of the skill and care of the NHS staff there.

Given BoJo's alleged closeness to President Trump -

• Did the British Government model its own response to the KNOWN THREAT on that of the US Administration ?
  • Did the British Government receive Lines To Take on COVID19 from the US administration in that period?
  • Was there a change of tack in UK Govt AFTER Bojo was hospitalised ?

In thirty years time, transcripts of conversations, e-mails and diplomatic 'cables' between the White House and No10 in the run-up to this ongoing crisis will be released.

They will make instructive reading.....

Latest Threads