Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
BBC are still trying to get the young BAME (have I just committed a hate crime?) and white audience by broadcasting a new tv show on BBC 3 called The Rap Show.

Let's dig a bit deeper into the sort of lives these 'musicians' live that the BBC are exposing the young of this country to (the reports underneath are UK deaths only)...

There is a wikipedia page listing all the rappers and hip hop musicians who have come to a violent end in the US if you can be bothered to see how many;

(These are the ones that died, there are hundreds who have been shot and survived)

The web site, The Conversation gives a very informative investigation into the deaths of all genres of US musicians:

1603614621096.png

In my opinion the BBC are glorifying and promoting a violent, murderous drug orientated and misogynistic form of music and lifestyle to impressionable young people. The terms 'Drill', 'Rap' and 'Rapper' appear weekly in the MSM reports concerning the stabbings, shootings and murders in London and other large UK cities.

The BBC is accountable to no one apparently, as this type of programme (and it's potential consequences) demonstrates to me beyond any doubt.

Already starting to be a media darling
Tom Moore will have to pull some publicity stunt before long he's been off the tv for 5 minutes
I think he’s done his bit and what more can they honour him with? A State Funeral* perhaps, but not for a long while yet!
*I’m being facetious, but in this Social Media driven day and age, absolutely nothing is off the table.
In any case, the new media darling, Sir Marcus Rashford has come up on the rails and steamed ahead. Sir Tom will need to up his game!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Already starting to be a media darling
Tom Moore will have to pull some publicity stunt before long he's been off the tv for 5 minutes
That's Sir Tom to you! :)

If you get fed up with Maureen there is always Brenda from Brizzle.

Is there a training school for geriatric soundbites for grannies?

BBC are still trying to get the young BAME (have I just committed a hate crime?) and white audience by broadcasting a new tv show on BBC 3 called The Rap Show.

Let's dig a bit deeper into the sort of lives these 'musicians' live that the BBC are exposing the young of this country to (the reports underneath are UK deaths only)...

There is a wikipedia page listing all the rappers and hip hop musicians who have come to a violent end in the US if you can be bothered to see how many;

(These are the ones that died, there are hundreds who have been shot and survived)

The web site, The Conversation gives a very informative investigation into the deaths of all genres of US musicians:

View attachment 514850

In my opinion the BBC are glorifying and promoting a violent, murderous drug orientated and misogynistic form of music and lifestyle to impressionable young people. The terms 'Drill', 'Rap' and 'Rapper' appear weekly in the MSM reports concerning the stabbings, shootings and murders in London and other large UK cities.

The BBC is accountable to no one apparently, as this type of programme (and it's potential consequences) demonstrates to me beyond any doubt.
An article on the BBC Wales website section: Britain was at the heart of the slave trade.
No ifs or buts but presented as FACT.
Oddly enough, no mention of who was rounding up and selling their fellow Africans.

Matt Hancock's stock went up a bit (well, for me, anyway) today during his live 1-2-1 on Beeb Breakfast with Dan Walker.

Little Dan had the light of the zealot in his eyes and was keen to gallop toward the end so that he could trot out his 'Gotcha!' question*.

As he teed up his 'And when did you stop beating your wife?' moment (apparently Hancock had been seen drinking in one of the HoC bars after the 2200 curfew point):

Little Dan: So, Minister, how do you respond to that, live on TV?**

MH: No, I didn't.

LD (back on his heels a bit as there was no 5-minute exculpatory statement): Oh. Right. So, you deny it?

MH: Yes.

LD: And those that say they witnessed that are lying?

MH: Yep. It never happened.

It was a fine thing to watch: I can but hope that Hancock has all his ducks in a very straight row.

*Dan should never, ever play poker.

**just in case we weren't aware of that fact

Last edited:
I think he’s done his bit and what more can they honour him with? A State Funeral* perhaps, but not for a long while yet!
*I’m being facetious, but in this Social Media driven day and age, absolutely nothing is off the table.
In any case, the new media darling, Sir Marcus Rashford has come up on the rails and steamed ahead. Sir Tom will need to up his game!

The BBC are incapable of mentioning the school meals funding issue without including the name of Saint Marcus

Matt Hancock's stock went up a bit (well, for me, anyway) today during his live 1-2-1 today on Beeb Breakfast with Dan Walker.

Little Dan had the light of the zealot in his eyes and was keen to gallop toward the end so that he could trot out his 'Gotcha!' question*.

As he teed up his 'And when did you stop beating your wife?' moment (apparently Hancock had been seen drinking in one of the HoC bars after the 2200 curfew point):

Little Dan: So, Minister, how do you respond to that, live on TV?**

MH: No, I didn't.

LD (back on his heels a bit as there was no 5-minute exculpatory statement): Oh. Right. So, you deny it?

MH: Yes.

LD: And those that say they witnessed that are lying?

MH: Yep. It never happened.

It was a fine thing to watch: I can but hope that Hancock has all his ducks in a very straight row.

*Dan should never, ever play poker.

**just in case we weren't aware of that fact

I was going to type: Dan is truly pathetic.
However, I have seen him do other stuff and he is (can be) okay.

It must be the directing/editing – he loses marks for not having the self-respect to do it his way, preferring to take instruction like a puppet.

TamH70

MIA

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 515719

And Africa dances in joy.
So hold on a minute - "reinforces outdated stereotypes about “white saviours”.

The utter, utter shíts.

Comic Relief has raised over £1.4bn since 1985.

That's £1.4bn that the people of this country have given to charitable causes - a majority white country, giving to a cause which gives significant amounts of money to majority black countries in Africa. A majority white country giving to a cause knowing that a large number of the people it will be helping are black.

Turn the "white saviours" line around. All white people in this country are racists, under the current mantra, therefore they can't be good, right? Or, we can't let people know in Africa that white people are any good. Is it about un-reinforcing stereotypes, or is it about reinforcing the "white man bad" stereotype?

There's another thing here: connecting with the people making the donations, as distinct from the beneficiaries.

There's a line in that Guardian story about donor fatigue. The actions of BLM, aided by such as the BBC, have also given people in this country race fatigue.

There's a lot to be said for having familiar, home-grown white faces presenting to camera on what's happening in Africa. There's an awful lot of inter-ethnic positivity there - empathy, and the realisation that some issues transcend skin colour. You lose some of that connection if you use the home-grown talent from Africa.

Not because of 'racism'; for reasons beyond race, I can connect more with someone that I know telling me what's going on. There's also a lot of impact gained by having the entertainment faces we're used to seeing smiling and laughing turned serious. I can still remember watching Mike Smith crying during Live Aid. I trust the (white, Cambridge-educated and therefore elite) Griff Rhys Jones to do an intelligent, serious piece to camera. I 'know' those people.

More cynically, one could turn round and say that Africa should only have got 3 percent of Comic Relief's donations over the years - in line with fairness and proportionality.

More purging, and more reinforcement of some nasty little ideologies.

Comic Relief has had its last penny from me. If, as Lammy notes, Africa is a positive, vibrant, multicultural continent on which nothing but good is happening, Comic Relief doesn't need my money. I'll cherry-pick our domestic charities and support them directly.

So hold on a minute - "reinforces outdated stereotypes about “white saviours”.

The utter, utter shíts.

Comic Relief has raised over £1.4bn since 1985.

That's £1.4bn that the people of this country have given to charitable causes - a majority white country, giving to a cause which gives significant amounts of money to majority black countries in Africa. A majority white country giving to a cause knowing that a large number of the people it will be helping are black.

Turn the "white saviours" line around. All white people in this country are racists, under the current mantra, therefore they can't be good, right? Or, we can't let people know in Africa that white people are any good. Is it about un-reinforcing stereotypes, or is it about reinforcing the "white man bad" stereotype?

There's another thing here: connecting with the people making the donations, as distinct from the beneficiaries.

There's a line in that Guardian story about donor fatigue. The actions of BLM, aided by such as the BBC, have also given people in this country race fatigue.

There's a lot to be said for having familiar, home-grown white faces presenting to camera on what's happening in Africa. There's an awful lot of inter-ethnic positivity there - empathy, and the realisation that some issues transcend skin colour. You lose some of that connection if you use the home-grown talent from Africa.

Not because of 'racism'; for reasons beyond race, I can connect more with someone that I know telling me what's going on. There's also a lot of impact gained by having the entertainment faces we're used to seeing smiling and laughing turned serious. I can still remember watching Mike Smith crying during Live Aid. I trust the (white, Cambridge-educated and therefore elite) Griff Rhys Jones to do an intelligent, serious piece to camera. I 'know' those people.

More cynically, one could turn round and say that Africa should only have got 3 percent of Comic Relief's donations over the years - in line with fairness and proportionality.

More purging, and more reinforcement of some nasty little ideologies.

Comic Relief has had its last penny from me. If, as Lammy notes, Africa is a positive, vibrant, multicultural continent on which nothing but good is happening, Comic Relief doesn't need my money. I'll cherry-pick our domestic charities and support them directly.
Give your money to the guide dogs, I always stick some smash in their tin.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Some people think Comic Relief doesn't really help Africans....
but without it, Lenny Henry would have starved to death.
Congratulations, if I'd been drinking coffee it would have shorted out my kindle. As it is, I now have vision no sound from SWMBO from reading it to her...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Some people think Comic Relief doesn't really help Africans....
but without it, famous Brummie Lenny Henry would have starved to death.