Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

So according to the BBC, the reason that people from the Indian subcontinent are racist towards black people is, white people. Unbelievable.

"Her mother's anti-blackness, informed by the British colonial system she had once lived under in Bangladesh, not only took it for granted that lighter skin was better it also accepted the worst stereotypes of black men."

Skin whitening has been around for millennia

1603361896310.png

For Africa, which is the vast majority of the practice, it's now cultural and not as any part of European influence today, or at least in the last half-century

1603362252810.png

It feels lazy and agenda driven to blame the British empire

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The lad that used to run KPMG's life sciences business in the UK and Europe was an advisor on Healthcare to Brown and Blair. He tells the story of being in Brown's office when he picked up a fixed phone off his desk and threw it into a wall smashing it into pieces. True dit - the lad at KPMG is a former colleague of mine. He describes Brown as an aggressive bully.
Brown's not right in the head, frankly.

There's another story of a Downing Street table. Brown used to sit at it and write stuff. He wrote so heavily that he scribed the top of the table.

Not political bias but yet more ridiculous shit from the Beeb...

Get well soon Mr Bashir but...

... if the BBC hadn’t breached his privacy by announcing his illness to the world - how many people wake up each day and think, “I wonder how the BBC religion editor is today? - they wouldn't then have to ask that his privacy is respected.

Martin Bashir: BBC journalist 'seriously unwell' from Covid

Nothing to do then with Bashir getting a drubbing off Channel 4 last night for being very naughtie and making up stuff in regard to the (in)famous St Diana of Knickers-down interview

plus

Was that a result of years of W**king, the useless, nay dangerously deranged, W**ker who well & truly F**ked our economy!
Have to admit I was thinking along similar lines .

The lad that used to run KPMG's life sciences business in the UK and Europe was an advisor on Healthcare to Brown and Blair. He tells the story of being in Brown's office when he picked up a fixed phone off his desk and threw it into a wall smashing it into pieces. True dit - the lad at KPMG is a former colleague of mine. He describes Brown as an aggressive bully.
Perhaps he had no idea the wall was as close as it was? 0-)

I think we should let the queen of all our hearts to rest in peace.
But we have a new Queen of Hearts now.

mmimages.jpg

Just look at the Love in her eyes.
They say "Oh Harry, you recited perfectly all the words I told you to say."

But we have a new Queen of Hearts now.

View attachment 514126

Just look at the Love in her eyes.
They say "Oh Harry, you recited perfectly all the words I told you to say."

Sorry but the mrs is making me watch Suits at the minute (yes I've lost the will to live) and she has the same expression on her face when she looks at the junior associate she's going out with. She's not a very good actress.

Sorry but the mrs is making me watch Suits at the minute (yes I've lost the will to live) and she has the same expression on her face when she looks at the junior associate she's going out with. She's not a very good actress.
My missus is trawling through suits herself at the moment, I feel your pain.
Thankfully she watches it in the bedroom out of my way.

Personally I don't think she's acting, it's just how she looks. A stunned, lovesick spaniel.

My missus is trawling through suits herself at the moment, I feel your pain.
Thankfully she watches it in the bedroom out of my way.

Personally I don't think she's acting, it's just how she looks. A stunned, lovesick spaniel.

I'm expected to sit in the living room with mine while she watches shite. Its better than the US romcoms I've had to endure....... but only just

I'm expected to sit in the living room with mine while she watches shite. Its better than the US romcoms I've had to endure....... but only just
I drew the line early on in our relationship, make me watch dreck & I will "critique" it throughout.

I can ruin Doctor Who more effectively for her than Chris Chibnall & Jodie Whittaker ever could.

Last nights news was covering Covaids when the reporter said ‘let’s listen to what has to be the quote of the week from Cllr Mrs Northerner from Rotherham’. Cue Mrs Northerner “Boris is terrible and has handled it all badly” to paraphrase.
Hardly impartial.

What about “let’s hear what Mrs N thinks, then we’ll ask Boris (or someone in the know) to respond” & let us make up our own minds.

Last nights news was covering Covaids when the reporter said ‘let’s listen to what has to be the quote of the week from Cllr Mrs Northerner from Rotherham’. Cue Mrs Northerner “Boris is terrible and has handled it all badly” to paraphrase.
Hardly impartial.

What about “let’s hear what Mrs N thinks, then we’ll ask Boris (or someone in the know) to respond” & let us make up our own minds.
Was it Maureen Eames?

Latest Threads