Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

syrup

LE
Nandy may have decent Chebs, but she’s thick as mince and typical Labour. Predictably, she played the Maggie card last night, stating the North hadn’t suffered’’ so much since Thatcher was on the throne. :roll:

Did she claim to personally remembering Thatcher destroying the north in the 80's as she did on Andrew Mar the other week.
Fantastic memory for someone born in 1979.

They were a lot heavier in those days, too.
1603283422466.png

You know what's heavier than one of those old mobile phones? One of these.

1603288687232.png

He threw plenty of them around too (after warning people he was going to be fair (idiot!!!)), only cost the taxpayer several billion quid.

NSP

LE
Nandy may have decent Chebs, but she’s thick as mince and typical Labour. Predictably, she played the Maggie card last night, stating the North hadn’t suffered’’ so much since Thatcher was on the throne. :roll:
She's not old enough to have much actual cognitive memory of the Thatcher administration, the fibbing twerp.

NSP

LE
She still stole my milk
No, she didn't. The Chancellor did. Maggie actually opposed the policy, and was instrumental in stopping all milk being removed across the board. In that regard she be seen as having saved the milk - at least for the under sevens.

The bitch. I've never forgiven her for that.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

I think the Labour people all share the Maggie card, taking it in turns.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
She's not old enough to have much actual cognitive memory of the Thatcher administration, the fibbing twerp.
I don't know, born in 79, Maggie quit in 90, that's 11 years. I certainly knew what was what by that age. (Mind, I didn't have big chebs to play with)

I don't know, born in 79, Maggie quit in 90, that's 11 years. I certainly knew what was what by that age. (Mind, I didn't have big chebs to play with)
I somehow doubt she did either

Not political bias but yet more ridiculous shit from the Beeb...

The BBC said said:
Martin Bashir: BBC journalist 'seriously unwell' from Covid

Get well soon Mr Bashir but...

The BBC said said:
We are sorry to say that Martin [currently the BBC’s Religion editor] is seriously unwell with Covid-19 related complications," the BBC spokeswoman said.
"We'd ask that his privacy, and that of his family, is respected at this time."

... if the BBC hadn’t breached his privacy by announcing his illness to the world - how many people wake up each day and think, “I wonder how the BBC religion editor is today? - they wouldn't then have to ask that his privacy is respected.

Martin Bashir: BBC journalist 'seriously unwell' from Covid

Dredd

LE

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
No way. Surely not? But we were told . . . And usually that is all the evidence we need to confirm racism.

Are we sure the person running the research isn't a Grand Dragon or something?
Frankly, the idea that a virus is racist, or that the reasons for its spread among ethnic minorities are due to racism, was always bonk. But it keeps certain grubby MPs in certain constituencies in their jobs.

On one of the other threads, we talked about back-garden properties and illegal dwellings. The point was made about people from ethnic minorities sponsoring people to come over when they don't have the living space for them. British citizenship has been part of the dowry in many arranged marriages.

It's not racist to say that you only have to look at what 'cultural diversity' has done to parts of London to see what the problems are. They are overcrowded, insanitary shítholes.

The allegation that the wider population or 'the system' keeps BAME individuals in poverty is nonsense. For instance, BAME individuals, on a percentage basis, out-perform the white population within our 'structurally racist' education system. The opportunities are there. Access to the NHS is on an equal basis.

But, if you're all living on top of each other, especially if you're here illegally and living in squalor, there are going to be more problems. That's not of 'the system's' making.

I’d suggest that unless she developed an unfeasibly young interest in politics and all things grown up, she remains a fibber who was most likely still reading Smash hits magazine rather than the Guardian opinion piece.

I think you're being a little disingenuous there @Cold_Collation ; you do know why, or at least you have a suspicion verging on certainty.

In the BBC, the narrative is invariably that whoever is different to "us", racially, religiously, nationally, must therefore be assumed to be better, and should also be portrayed as a victim of "us". In this case, the "Us" is northern European white countries, those different are Muslim immigrants to France. Something horrific has been perpetrated by a Moslem immigrant, so to restore the balance to their narrative, blame must be apportioned to "Us".
The bottom line' is if the French Story was 'white bloke goes postal and beheads a BAME', we would have it, as leading news story for two weeks.... So the simple narrative, becomes complicated and the BBC and other news channels, have begun there usual navel gazing, to explore the issue in such a way that the complexity makes most people switch over and that leaves the simple narrative in place.

The simple narrative, is the only narrative the media like. Diversity is our strength and anything which contradicts that is just a tragic outlier, in relation to the journey which is noble.

if you're all living on top of each other, especially if you're here illegally and living in squalor, there are going to be more problems. That's not of 'the system's' making.
What we need to do to avoid that situation is to take a leaf out of Yvette and Ed’s book; sponsor a few immigrants and put them up in our own gaffs.
Remind me, how many immigrants are residing at Chez Balls at the last count? Or Gary Lineker’s come to that!

The lad that used to run KPMG's life sciences business in the UK and Europe was an advisor on Healthcare to Brown and Blair. He tells the story of being in Brown's office when he picked up a fixed phone off his desk and threw it into a wall smashing it into pieces. True dit - the lad at KPMG is a former colleague of mine. He describes Brown as an aggressive bully.

Latest Threads