Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

aardvark64

War Hero
...."a religious premises".

Would it hurt them to say, "Church"?
Yes, because they wouldn't be able to associate it with a story about kiddy-fiddling. That's the line now: churches harbour paedos*.

*That would be middle-aged, white men wearing glasses with reactolite lenses.

Well I thought I would give the new Hugh Laurie BBC1 offering an outing, wont be bothering with part 2. Aside from the TV series not knowing if it wants to be a light hearted poke at government or a serious house of cards its cliche riddled. I accept black barristers exist, I accept same sex relationships, yes white MPs are corrupt, yes Newspaper editors were a bit sexist hiring pretty young things, young black girls could well be reading a book whilst in prison but all in the first 60 minutes, please at least be subtle with the messaging.

The BBC is treating us with contempt, rubbing our collective nose in it, look at us we have your funding and we will pump out tosh, telling you your bad white people. I only hope a new DG and change will bring sanity back.

Written by David Hare – from a fee paying school in Sussex, naturally.

So according to the BBC, the reason that people from the Indian subcontinent are racist towards black people is, white people. Unbelievable.

"Her mother's anti-blackness, informed by the British colonial system she had once lived under in Bangladesh, not only took it for granted that lighter skin was better it also accepted the worst stereotypes of black men."

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

So according to the BBC, the reason that people from the Indian subcontinent are racist towards black people is, white people. Unbelievable.

"Her mother's anti-blackness, informed by the British colonial system she had once lived under in Bangladesh, not only took it for granted that lighter skin was better it also accepted the worst stereotypes of black men."
Those damn Honkies, eh? :rolleyes:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I feel that as a white oppressor I should take this opportunity to apologise publicly for forcing fellow British subjects (who are either descended from residents of the Indian subcontinent, or were residents of the Indian subcontinent) to hold such appallingly racist opinions of fellow British subjects (who are either descended from residents of Africa, or are former residents of Africa), by dint of perpetuating the white supremacist, Imperialist narrative.

The guilt will be a stain on my soul for all time.

Good journalism. After all, we pay for it.......

I feel that as a white oppressor I should take this opportunity to apologise publicly for forcing fellow British subjects (who are either descended from residents of the Indian subcontinent, or were residents of the Indian subcontinent) to hold such appallingly racist opinions of fellow British subjects (who are either descended from residents of Africa, or are former residents of Africa), by dint of perpetuating the white supremacist, Imperialist narrative.

The guilt will be a stain on my soul for all time.
You jest, but there are actually people who believe that.

Seeing as the girl in question was 16 according to the article and her phone (mentioned in the 'piece') was released in 1999 then her mother must have had her in the early 80's.
I sincerly doubt her mother was even alive when the British relinquished control of India. So how the actual f**k are we to blame?!!!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't know what BBC News programme this is but I just couldn't stop laughing. Lammy has got a regular slot on LBC Radio every saturday afternoon now...

I didn't know LBC had a comedy hour

Chef

LE
Seeing as the girl in question was 16 according to the article and her phone (mentioned in the 'piece') was released in 1999 then her mother must have had her in the early 80's.
I sincerly doubt her mother was even alive when the British relinquished control of India. So how the actual f**k are we to blame?!!!
Salma's mother holding her baby

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54604895
A Moslem family celebrating Christmas?

Sexton Blake

War Hero
I'm surprised that there appears to be no mention of the ongoing insolvency hearing for Camilla Batsh1tmental and more pertinently that paragon of the BBC, Sir Alan Yentob anywhere on the BBC news site.......

How unusual. Given that questionable use of public money is the issue, you'd have thought Auntie would be all over it, like they are with PPE contracts in the midst of a pandemic.

I don't know what BBC News programme this is but I just couldn't stop laughing. Lammy has got a regular slot on LBC Radio every saturday afternoon now...

I followed your Linky ... frightening lack of knowledge ... I was impressed with this further on in the Link ..... slight thread drift ...

2020 1940 WL.jpg

.... thread drift over

Latest Threads