Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Mary Hinge

War Hero
BBC Radio 4: Just before the 7.00am news this morning Radio 4 played a trailer for a series running on the station at the moment. The voice over says the series explores the highs and lows of being a teacher,

1602915798685.png

Then Today, the morning news programme started and the story it lead with was...
A teacher has been beheaded in a north-western suburb of Paris, with the attacker shot dead by police.
"The victim is said to have shown controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad to his students (in BBC language, it’s the victim's fault for showing the cartoons).
The attack occurred at about 17:00 local time (15:00 GMT) near a school. Anti-terror prosecutors are investigating.
French President Emmanuel Macron visited the scene, calling the killing an "Islamist terrorist attack" (note how Macron calls the evil atrocity in Paris an “Islamic Terrorist Attack” whereas the BBC drop the word “terrorist” and “Islamic”).
Realising the seriousness of this Islamic inspired murder, the BBC devoted a full two minutes to the story.
As usual, the national broadcaster omitted a few minor details...

I wouldn't be be surprised if the BBC runs the story later on with the headline...

Decapitated man dies of covid...We may never know the true motives of the murderer.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC Radio 4: Just before the 7.00am news this morning Radio 4 played a trailer for a series running on the station at the moment. The voice over says the series explores the highs and lows of being a teacher,

View attachment 512767
Then Today, the morning news programme started and the story it lead with was...
A teacher has been beheaded in a north-western suburb of Paris, with the attacker shot dead by police.
"The victim is said to have shown controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad to his students.
The attack occurred at about 17:00 local time (15:00 GMT) near a school. Anti-terror prosecutors are investigating.
French President Emmanuel Macron visited the scene, calling the killing an "Islamist terrorist attack".
Realising the seriousness of this Islamic inspired murder, the BBC devoted a full two minutes to the story.
As usual, the national broadcaster omitted a few minor details...

I wouldn't be be surprised if the BBC runs the story later on with the headline...

Decapitated man dies of covid...We may never know the true motives of the murderer.
Yasmin Alibhai-Brown will be along shortly to be outraged about the potential for the potential of a potential spike in Islamophobia.

Ellie has just extended her career by a few weeks...

She’s a dyed in the wool fruit loop. A few years back she had some weird, scarification body art thing done to prove how much she loved her partner.
A pretentious take on a Cheryl for Wayne tattoo.
Obvioulsy bought into the bullshit mantra during her time at the Beeb and in common with that utter horses arse Lineker, she and her partner live in one of the least ethnically diverse parts of the country in their small holding in the leafy Cotswolds. I’m sure the guilt and shame keep her awake at night. Reading the article, she appears to be dealing with her privilege by flagellation by press, thereby absolving herself of guilt and presumably projecting said guilt onto anyone who doesn’t see how woefully racist the great British outdoors is.

Last edited:
...Why is this not headline news in every newspaper, and the first article on every TV and radio bulletin? Freedom of the press is an essential bulwark of any democracy, and our fourth estate is hardly bashful in protecting its hard worn freedoms...

That freedom was surrendered to the left a long time ago.

I want her to tie me to a bed and then just talk to me in the phonetic code.

About 7 minutes would do.

What's that necklace thing she's wearing?

A nice talk but she's coming across as a bit too sexy for me. She's made the mistake, like Bethany Hughes, of making the talk more about 'look at me' than the subject matter itself.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, we must protect the mosques...

Perhaps he had heard about the protestors in France and thought he would do his little bit for his own idea of religion.

Chef

LE
Yes, we must protect the mosques...

He's obviously cross about something.

Aren't Baptist churches mostly used by people of colour? That being the case the BBC's collective heads will explode trying to work the oppressive white angle into what looks like a member of the BAME community and a NASA employee (Makes a change from architects and doctors) attacking another BAME community's place of worship.

Who will they take the knee to/from?

A bit of a coincidence that cameras were there to film the clown at work. The IG1IG3 is a postcode from the area. Pity there was no-one there to nail him to the cross. :cool:

Chef

LE
View attachment 513187
I hope this is recorded as a hate crime.

I somehow doubt it. That would imply that all humans, regardless of race, colour or creed, are capable of being petty minded, bigoted bellthronks...

..,and that wouldn't fit in with the BBC's ideas on racist hate crimes.

philc

LE
Well I thought I would give the new Hugh Laurie BBC1 offering an outing, wont be bothering with part 2. Aside from the TV series not knowing if it wants to be a light hearted poke at government or a serious house of cards its cliche riddled. I accept black barristers exist, I accept same sex relationships, yes white MPs are corrupt, yes Newspaper editors were a bit sexist hiring pretty young things, young black girls could well be reading a book whilst in prison but all in the first 60 minutes, please at least be subtle with the messaging.

The BBC is treating us with contempt, rubbing our collective nose in it, look at us we have your funding and we will pump out tosh, telling you your bad white people. I only hope a new DG and change will bring sanity back.

Truxx

LE
Well I thought I would give the new Hugh Laurie BBC1 offering an outing, wont be bothering with part 2. Aside from the TV series not knowing if it wants to be a light hearted poke at government or a serious house of cards its cliche riddled. I accept black barristers exist, I accept same sex relationships, yes white MPs are corrupt, yes Newspaper editors were a bit sexist hiring pretty young things, young black girls could well be reading a book whilst in prison but all in the first 60 minutes, please at least be subtle with the messaging.

The BBC is treating us with contempt, rubbing our collective nose in it, look at us we have your funding and we will pump out tosh, telling you your bad white people. I only hope a new DG and change will bring sanity back.
Not just me then.

Cliche ridden and entirely predictable I switched off after 20 minutes.

Latest Threads