Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Watched ‘One Man And His Dog’ on Countryfile ... oh dear, no, no, no - how can the BBC countenance producing, let alone showing, this blatantly sexist, racist, trans-phobic abomination?!

‘Man’ in this (or almost any) context is now illegal.
‘His Dog’ is sexist, probably contravenes anti-slavery laws.
All of the contestants are men.
All of the contestants are white.
All of the contestants are middle-aged at least.
Not a single item of rainbow coloured clothing, BLM caps.
All of the contestants are wearing ‘bloke’ clothing - not a single sequinned crop-top in sight.
Not one of them used jazz hands to applaud the dog.

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!
Point of order, there are women who compete. I know one, but she is white and enthusiastically heterosexual so she obviously won’t make the edit.

I've given up. I never thought I'd say that but I have. I've given up on the news, and I've given up on Radio 4.

I'm bored of being harangued. I don't deserve it and I won't put up with it. I have the right to live my own life quietly, so long as I'm not bothering others. That's what I do, and I can't see how I'm somehow guilty of something by doing that.

Silence is violence.

This ‘Information’ has appeared for the first time, today, on the programme list covering BBC2 lunchtime news.
69128A60-BBAF-4FC2-BA7F-132AE07611E5.jpeg

On the other hand, Round the Horne: "Now, letters. This one from Ginger Mingecover..."
I was listening to Great Lives the other week on BBC R4. Not a comedy show as such but it discussed the life of Kenneth Williams and had an snippet from his appearances on Just a Minute. One of the few times I've heard Nicolas Parsons was lost for words (probably trying to stop himself laughing):

NP: And a correct challenge from Kenneth who I must say seems to have a bit of cult following among the audience.
KW: Ooooohhhh yes I'm definitely a cult, a real cult when you get to know me. I don't think there's a bigger cult than me. Do you want to see what a cult I can be. I can do some really cultish things when I'm riled....
NP: And the next question goes to.....
KW: Don't interrupt me, that's a really cultish thing to do to someone when they're in full flow...
NP: Thank you Kenneth, I didn't mean to....
KW: I'm a real cult I am.......
NP: Thank you.....
KW: Cult !

Not sure that sort of exchange would be broadcast these days