Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

I am not really surprised the BBC is gettng up to this sort of game. I assume they supplied interpreters to make sure the little young dears were not disadvantaged.

BBC News tonight... Illegal Immigrants/asylum seekers.

Rubber boat heading into land, about twelve supposed illegals on board but each seemed to have a designated seat on the boat which was well balanced, not particularly low in the water boat and making good progess.

Most striking was the fact that everybody on board was wearing an identical orange lifejacket... almost as if they’d been issued on boarding.

You could almost think the footage was set up specially for the news rather than a chance happening across a boat full of illegals by the news crew.

NSP

LE
BBC News tonight... Illegal Immigrants/asylum seekers.

Rubber boat heading into land, about twelve supposed illegals on board but each seemed to have a designated seat on the boat which was well balanced, not particularly low in the water boat and making good progess.

Most striking was the fact that everybody on board was wearing an identical orange lifejacket... almost as if they’d been issued on boarding.

You could almost think the footage was set up specially for the news rather than a chance happening across a boat full of illegals by the news crew.
Most of the footage over the last couple of months has shown boat-loads of bods in LJs. It's almost as if the traffickers in France gave a damn about SOLAS and other HSE law.

I really should stop reading posts in the BBC culture section, earlier this week I was rolling my eyes at the gushing story about how Woke-Central, otherwise known as Disney, have cast an entirely mythical creature as an African-American girl and this seemed to be the greatest achievement for racial equality since Rosa Parkes.

Now we have this, apparently a song that "unites" all Americans in these divided times

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200929-this-land-is-your-land-americas-other-national-anthem

So this communist anthem apparently appeals to people of all persuasions does it? That's odd because anyone I know who has heard of the song and who is even mildly conservative knows its political origins and dislikes it.

And what evidence does the Beeb provide that all Americans love the song? Er, a fictional "conservative" lady in a show designed to undermine her values has her saying it's a patriotic song she loves, that's it. There later follows a list of famous occasions on which it was song, in every occasion by Democrat Party politicians or lefty entertainers, so no evidence whatsoever that it is popular across the political divide.

We get a synopsis of Woody Guthrie's story in which he coyly pretends he wasn't a communist, despite writing for the CPUSA newspaper and slavishly following Moscow on the party line regarding the war against Hitler (Guthrie was against fighting Hitler when he was Joe Stalin's buddy and then promptly demanded the US get into the war when Hitler attacked the Soviet Union).

Curiously the piece clearly states that the song was written in opposition to a great patriotic anthem that genuinely does appeal to all sides of the political debate God Bless America, famously song by all Congress members in the days after 9/11, but doesn't see the irony that it is the song that the paean is dedicated to that is the divisive song and not Irving Berlin's uplifting anthem.

And again, breathe.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
. . . anyway, just to keep one of their figurehead programmes in the public eye, apparently we wouldn't have made it through the day without knowing that something named HRVY has been diagnosed with The Yangste:

To demonstrate my inclusivity, can I just say that I wish the HRVY speedy recovery and hope that they all live a long and fruitful life and are blessed with many, many 'Likes'.

Isn't she the bint who said that "white girls should keep their gobs shut for the sake of diversity"?

It was something she liked and retweeted from a parody account about Owen Jones, but made worse because the tweet was about telling sex abuse victims to shuts their mouths for the sake of diversity...

The actual words of the tweet in question were:
Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity.’

Imagine the backlash if one of those horrible, elitist, imperialist grrr Tories had tweeted that.

It would be worse than Scousers being outraged about something

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
. . . anyway, just to keep one of their figurehead programmes in the public eye, apparently we wouldn't have made it through the day without knowing that something named HRVY has been diagnosed with The Yangste:

To demonstrate my inclusivity, can I just say that I wish the HRVY speedy recovery and hope that they all live a long and fruitful life and are blessed with many, many 'Likes'.
Indeed. I'm going to send him a few vowels, as well.

Th prtnts wnkr.

Indeed. I'm going to send him a few vowels, as well.

Th prtnts wnkr.
He has tweeted “I’m super bored. Prepare for my Tik Toks”. What does that even mean? :-?
10 Million followers apparently - confirmation that the world as I know it is fcuked! I suddenly feel very old.

Latest Threads