Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

NSP

LE
Lip service or a new awakening -
BBC boss 'prepared to fire stars who break rules'

The BBC's director general Tim Davie has said he will be prepared to sack presenters who break new impartiality guidelines on social media.​

Mr Davie, who became DG earlier this month, said the social media rules would be announced in the coming weeks, and would apply to all staff.​
"I am prepared to take the appropriate disciplinary action, all the way to termination," Mr Davie said.​
The first one to ignore him and go full retard on Twatter getting promptly binned; then I will believe him.

Odds are on him wringing his hands and making an excuse because the first one will inevitably be "big draw" like Jug Ears.

Slime

LE
Bookmarked for future reference/stealing/plagiarism by Wally.

For future reference, always remember that some selected people in the crowd watching the pulling down of Edward Colston’s statue seemed really pleased it had been removed to to his link with the slave trade..................

But those selected people belong to a religion where they get down and pray to a man who was a slave owner.
How odd?

NSP

LE
Brigade of Rightful Indignation would march in lock-step the formed Battalions of Wrongful/Constructive Dismissal suits.
Most of the public face of the BBC aren't directly employed. It will come down to the wording in the contracts. If the "we can bin you for gross misconduct" is in there without any substantive definition (i.e. it is what the head shed decides it is, within what the law would consider "reasonable") then he'll be on safe ground binning the contract of anyone "front of house" that defies him. Gross misconduct could reasonably be deemed to be defying the DGs reasonable orders on how public figures hired by the BBC should conduct themselves in public, on or off the internet.

Jeezus! how un-woke are you two?

St Nish of Kumar sneers at your rabid racism and wonders why you haven't taken a knee?

Richard Pryor would have eaten him for breakfast

Most of the public face of the BBC aren't directly employed. It will come down to the wording in the contracts. If the "we can bin you for gross misconduct" is in there without any substantive definition (i.e. it is what the head shed decides it is, within what the law would consider "reasonable") then he'll be on safe ground binning the contract of anyone "front of house" that defies him. Gross misconduct could reasonably be deemed to be defying the DGs reasonable orders on how public figures hired by the BBC should conduct themselves in public, on or off the internet.
Bringing the organisation into disrepute via social media will result in contracts being terminated.
Now scribble on the line and how come you don't do paprika flavour you mong?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There are many ways to skin a cat. These people live on their egos, if the DG starts assigning unimportant tasks then they will soon get the message in a way they understand.

For future reference, always remember that some selected people in the crowd watching the pulling down of Edward Colston’s statue seemed really pleased it had been removed to to his link with the slave trade..................

But those selected people belong to a religion where they get down and pray to a man who was a slave owner.
How odd?

Quite a few of his followers still emulating his example. Funny how the only response to that is tumbleweeds.

Sexton Blake

War Hero

Slime

LE
Quite a few of his followers still emulating his example. Funny how the only response to that is tumbleweeds.

In the last 5-6 years there have been 5 (from memory) cases of modern slavery stopped by the police in my local area.
One involved people who had Vietnamese trafficked workers kept in a cold war bunker to produce drugs. I don’t know the ethnicity of the criminal masters in that case.

One was a muslin couple who had one person as a slave, and the other cases were gypsies would had enslaved workers.

As an observation it seems that many local people are aware of modern slavery and ‘just go along with’ enslaved people in: nail bars, car washes, take aways and hotels.

The response to the above is very much the tumbleweeds you mention, but the now very long distant British slave trade seems to enrage the very same tumbleweed group.

I sometimes feel that turning up with a group of friends and protesting about something that stopped roughly 190 years ago is a little bit safer that than challenging a group of gypsies who have slaves today and who might fight back :)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
In the last 5-6 years there have been 5 (from memory) cases of modern slavery stopped by the police in my local area.
One involved people who had Vietnamese trafficked workers kept in a cold war bunker to produce drugs. I don’t know the ethnicity of the criminal masters in that case.

One was a muslin couple who had one person as a slave, and the other cases were gypsies would had enslaved workers.

As an observation it seems that many local people are aware of modern slavery and ‘just go along with’ enslaved people in: nail bars, car washes, take aways and hotels.

The response to the above is very much the tumbleweeds you mention, but the now very long distant British slave trade seems to enrage the very same tumbleweed group.

I sometimes feel that turning up with a group of friends and protesting about something that stopped roughly 190 years ago is a little bit safer that than challenging a group of gypsies who have slaves today and who might fight back :)
Google be thy friend but more than one wealthy BAME household (and more from the 'B' and 'A' demographics) has been found guilty in recent years of keeping a housemaid in slave conditions.

Last edited:
Google be thy friend but more than one wealthy BAME household (and more from the 'A' demographic) has been found guilty in recent years of keeping a housemaid in slave conditions.

Play the woke at their own game, they should be at least shunned for cultural appropriation

You forgot the cases that arise every now and then about wealthy African or Arabic families who effectively keep domestic staff as abused house slaves

Last edited:
Robert Moore, ITV News USA correspondent. He's a bit of a leftard, and I reckoned he was angling for a job at the BBC, in the manner that Faisal Islam and Lewis Goodall did. No, Moore is way off beam. Who talks like that? I reckon he's either a smokehound or has been dropped on his head. Repeatedly.

Slime

LE
You forgot the cases that arise every now and then about wealthy African or Arabic families who effectively keep domestic staff as abused house slaves
I did mention the cases were from my local area, and those I remember.

The above is why most involved gypsies, they were the largest BAME community when I last checked. I suspect that they have been overtaken by another group in recent times.

Latest Threads