Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Nothing at all will happen to Lineker - he's safe to carry on what he's doing- he'll just be slightly more cautious and use double-entendres / suggestion as opposed to direct speech. He's self-employed and contracted to the BBC. I would imagine his contract is pretty much bullet proof and covers all bases for both parties.

I reckon a 'lower profile' BBC oik will at some point be used as a sacrificial lamb and hoofed- just to demonstrate the BBC's willing in changing its approach.

Nothing at all will happen to Lineker - he's safe to carry on what he's doing- he'll just be slightly more cautious and use double-entendres / suggestion as opposed to direct speech. He's self-employed and contracted to the BBC. I would imagine his contract is pretty much bullet proof and covers all bases for both parties.

I reckon a 'lower profile' BBC oik will at some point be used as a sacrificial lamb and hoofed- just to demonstrate the BBC's willing in changing its approach.

Jug Ears fcuked up big time on Twatter yesterday, mentioning President Trump's tax returns. Took a hammering about his own iffy tax affairs in the replies.

Riddle me this. If the jug eared purveyor of junk food, was happy to take a 20% pay cut, why does the BBC claim they have to pay top dollar, to attract and retain the "talent". He has essentially admitted he has been paid 20% above market value for years. Whoever agreed his initial contract needs ******* with a rag man's trumpet.

Jug Ears fcuked up big time on Twatter yesterday, mentioning President Trump's tax returns. Took a hammering about his own iffy tax affairs in the replies.

He'd never be a hypocrite surely?

Saying that was it the same Gary Lineker who bought a holiday home in Barbados using an offshore company allowing him potentially avoid paying hundreds of thousands of pounds in tax when he sold it?

Surely not, must be a different one, he couldn't possibly be a hypocrite

Left wing or classic liberal? There's a huge difference, the left being quite fascist in their outlook lately.

Classic liberal, that's XRW in the brave new world of political correctness

In a different way it makes me smile at all the “ diversity” bollocks punted by the BBC’s countryfile ( towniefied abortion of a prog on the countryside, for saffas info)
Right in the middle of an enormous conurbation of Leeds Bradford and industrial West Yorkshire they hold once a year ( covid excepted) The Great Yorkshire show.
This is not just agri but country sports mega shopping etc the full 9 yards.
We go every 2 or 3 years, and the mehimsahib comments every time that with the exception of a handful of sleek but intimidating Sikh ladies competing in the flower arranging classes, all competitors are resolutely white and if you see a slack handful of Asians or blacks in a crowd of maybe 40k that will be it.
Just not interested in the countryside all around them.
First time I've ever heard of Harrogate being described as "Right in the middle of an enormous conurbation of Leeds Bradford and industrial West Yorkshire"

Slime

LE
Riddle me this. If the jug eared purveyor of junk food, was happy to take a 20% pay cut, why does the BBC claim they have to pay top dollar, to attract and retain the "talent". He has essentially admitted he has been paid 20% above market value for years. Whoever agreed his initial contract needs ******* with a rag man's trumpet.

Bear in mind he has two contracts with the beeb.
One salary is made public, the other isn’t.
We have no way of knowing if his undisclosed salary was raised in any way.

As, bafflingly, is "all lives matter". I think the logic is that by saying "all lives matter" it somehow offends those who say "black lives matter" and is therefore racist. Perception again.....

Once again, nothing to do with equality, everything to do with special treatment for one group while demeaning another.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
No one of any colour should have to apologise for their skin colour, that’s just how I see it.

What is a bit bizarre is the very recent desire from some that white people should apologise for something they literally have had nothing to do with.

Some things that amuse me in the selective ’need to apologise‘ brigade are things like:

Fred and Rose West’s surviving children are not being called to apologise for what their parents did. This is clearly correct even though the kids were alive at the time the crimes happened.

Germans or Japanese people are not being called to apologise in the U.K. despite some if those who committed or enabled war crimes still being alive.

The toppling of the statue of the Bristol elected MP and giver to multiple charities.................Obviously described as a slave trader by the MSM is another amusing example.

He lived in a period where we had capitol punishment........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

He lived in a period where women didn’t have the vote........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

He lived in a period where most men didn’t have the vote........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

He lived in a period where poor people were forced into workhouses........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

He lived in a period where it was illegal to be a homosexual........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

He lived in a period where criminals were transported to Australia as punishment often for a string of minor crimes........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

He lived in a period where hanging drawing and quartering was still a thing.........but his statue needed to go as he got some of his cash from the slave trade.

Meanwhile, all but one of the convictions for modern slavery involved slavers from the BAME community..............And BLM have remained 100% mute about those convictions.
Bookmarked for future reference/stealing/plagiarism by Wally.

Latest Threads