Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Look on the bright side, I spent an hour and a half today downloading IOS 14.0.1 to my Apple devices.............It’s rubbish, and makes many things more complex than before the update.
Something to look forward to when my Apple devices all starting pinging at various times in the early hours of the morning then.

Notice how there's hardly any Black Olympic swimmers - as much as the media want's you to believe we are all the same under the skin, we aren't. Blacks have generally a higher muscle mass. Blacks are better suited to sports where muscles matter. There's also differences in brain size's between different ethnic groups. Blacks are not really well known for being great inventors compared to other races. Just saying. As for Europeans - well we all know from History who has conquered the world most - that's because white's are all round just hard as nails.

Your average westerner (and the softer, more entitled ones in Africa, quite a lot of them black) would not cope on the continent without a lot of first world type support. They just don't understand real hardship and poverty any more. Most Africans live hard. I live and work in some pretty rough places and I live harder than most people I know, but still nowhere near as rough as your average wethu.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side, I spent an hour and a half today downloading IOS 14.0.1 to my Apple devices.............It’s rubbish, and makes many things more complex than before the update.

And presumably they slow down the CPU on the device to make sure the device doesn't run hot or drain the battery execessively

And would you believe it, I have just received a Government e-mail asking me to download the tracker app.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
And would you believe it, I have just received a Government e-mail asking me to download the tracker app.
Likewise. Says it's being sent to everyone registered with a GP in England where the surgery has e-mail on file (if no e-mail it will be sent as a text message).

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
Not a lot of people know this but the original idea was for test and trace to be based on the national primary healthcare system.

Right up to the point that GPs said fcuck off.

Bet you don't see that appearing in any debate.

They need to come around to where I live, plenty of "diversity" on two wheels, most of it e-scooters and e-bikes, probably stolen and needed to get a fast get away from a mugging or stabbing!
You ever thought about buying a car?

My advice is, if you have a blender is to start the blender on high speed and drop the iPhone in it, claim on the insurance and get a real phone

A quick off thread but Apple does seem to be working as hard as the BBC too ignore it's wider customer base, of 'Apple just works' to instead serving the I want new new new... with every update.

I love my iPad but why does every update have to switch stuff around that worked fine... For example the safari browser used to have an option to open a new tab by the contextual list drop down being open in new tab and that switched it to open in background. Why just why was that required.

I am definitely going to chin off "Upgrading?" too iOS 14.0.1.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You ever thought about buying a car?
A car in London? Are you f**n mad, Khan has taxed most of the cars off the road, it's only the rich and/or criminal who can afford to drive in London, Congestion Charge 15 quid per day, 07:00-22:00 7 days a week and ULEZ @ 12 quid a day, 24//7.

A car in London? Are you f**n mad, Khan has taxed most of the cars off the road, it's only the rich and/or criminal who can afford to drive in London, Congestion Charge 15 quid per day, 07:00-22:00 7 days a week and ULEZ @ 12 quid a day, 24//7.

Genuine question. I used to drive from the north to Hammersmith on some Sundays and never got charged. Has Citizen Khan bought it in on weekends as well now?

Slime

LE
A quick off thread but Apple does seem to be working as hard as the BBC too ignore it's wider customer base, of 'Apple just works' to instead serving the I want new new new... with every update.

I love my iPad but why does every update have to switch stuff around that worked fine... For example the safari browser used to have an option to open a new tab by the contextual list drop down being open in new tab and that switched it to open in background. Why just why was that required.

I am definitely going to chin off "Upgrading?" too iOS 14.0.1.

I think you should download it now!

just think how blown away and impressed you are going to be when your iPad opens up and you see that the glorious 3 Gb upgrade has turned the home screen music widget Symbol into one with a red background!!!!!!!!

I mean, who wouldn’t be impressed by a completely needless and unexplained widget colour change :)

You too can share the pleasure of finding the actions that now take one more click to do the same as they did before with one less click!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Genuine question. I used to drive from the north to Hammersmith on some Sundays and never got charged. Has Citizen Khan bought it in on weekends as well now?
7 days a week.

Truxx

LE
Hundred nicker for a truck. A day.

Latest Threads