Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Yeah, I remember him.

He was a crap swimmer, wasn't he?

There are no winners or losers!!!
Get with the programme.
4FD400ED-B264-4A0A-9069-7984239A4061.jpeg

I see that the BBC continue to write their own epitaph with tonight's Panorama offering.
I’m up for a spot of ‘I work in the NHS Labour activist’ game.

I see that the BBC continue to write their own epitaph with tonight's Panorama offering.
Panorama of old would have been a balanced report, comparing other countries efforts against our own. Sadly, I expect tonight’s effort to be a one sided demolition of the Tory Government.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They can't help themselves. Yesterday, during the UCI Road World Championships on BBC2, they had to shoehorn in the diversity line.

"Thousands of us were out riding our bikes, but is it representative of the world we live in? Some believe the sport needs more diversity."

Cue a 4 minute segment about the lack of black bike riders at the top (which I couldn't be bothered to watch)

View attachment 507886

They need to come around to where I live, plenty of "diversity" on two wheels, most of it e-scooters and e-bikes, probably stolen and needed to get a fast get away from a mugging or stabbing!

Panorama of old would have been a balanced report, comparing other countries efforts against our own. Sadly, I expect tonight’s effort to be a one sided demolition of the Tory Government.
Are we going to get the Shadow Health Secretary saying they would have done things differently without saying what they would have done differently?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Absolutely I did not see a single (out of some 650) BAME entrant in the Exmoor Swim yesterday, does that make me a racist by participatin?

ETA Or was it something to do with the fact that the water temp was only around 17 degrees Celsius and air temp around 10 when we started.
It wouldn't surprise me. I lived in Crawley for a number of years and the Met decided, for some unknown reason, to move all of the African drug dealers to Crawley, easliy spotted as African due to the fact that in summer, they'd be dressed like basketball players, vests and long shorts kinda shit, in winter, they'd resemble the Michelin man due to the amount of layers they wore.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The first world empire was conquered by the Persians. The largest contiguous land empire ever was conquered by a bloke from Mongolia.

E2A list of empires by size. The British Empire is at the top but there are lots of non-European (brown faced) empires in the list

Only 2 actual "Black" empires, Mali & Kingdom of Aksum, both with less than 1% of the world conquered, due, no doubt, to that fact that they weren't seafaring nations.

Slime

LE

But but but.......The woman featured on tonights Corona whistleblower programme only previously worked for the Beeb by sheer coincidence. And, again purely by coincidence started filming her whistleblower investigation BEFORE she had started work, or could have known if there was anything to whistleblow on!

AND, goodness knows how bad the system must have been if there were 20 posts (perhaps from 5-15 testers) out of maybe 2000-3000. What a huge amount.

I gave up watching very quickly...........

Slime

LE
Better add.

Who knew NHS employees were free to bad mouth the NHS in unauthorised media offerings............You would think the NHS would have a media clause in any contract :)

As a test I tried to download the NHS test and track app to my iPhone and was informed that I needed version iOS 13.5 or newer.
Went to up date my OS only to be told that my current version is 12.4.8 and is up to date, so that’s me screwed then.

Slime

LE
As a test I tried to download the NHS test and track app to my iPhone and was informed that I needed version iOS 13.5 or newer.
Went to up date my OS only to be told that my current version is 12.4.8 and is up to date, so that’s me screwed then.

Look on the bright side, I spent an hour and a half today downloading IOS 14.0.1 to my Apple devices.............It’s rubbish, and makes many things more complex than before the update.

Latest Threads