Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

I would rather a large electronic billboard stating the daily totals of humans who lost and continue to lose their lives for the advancement of Marxist doctrine and systems.

Perhaps with a ironic footnote stating that all the deaths was because it was never proper Marxism... Well that's their usual moronic excuse.
According to what was painted on his tomb the count was 60,000,000 and rising.

But waiting for the counts from the Chinese and Venezuelan returning officers.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
....and not one mention of the philanthropy of Colston. He did nothing wrong in his time and invested heavily in Bristol for Bristol.

It would have been more fitting if the Trustees said "You're right. Dirty money provided this. It is wrong. We'll close all the buildings and areas that Colston built or carry his name. We'll demolish them and Bristol and it's community can start with a clean sheet.....and pay for it too. Off you go lads."
Doesn't fit the narrative.

Colston has the disadvantage of being dead. That means he can be used as a useful cipher for white people's unfettered and irredeemably malign influence.

Forget the the philanthropy. Forget the local people's numerous votes on whether his statue should stay or go. Forget democracy. 'The people' - that is, a small number of vicious individuals determined to drive a singular and very skewed version of history - have spoken and have been allowed to win.

It is a poor show, frankly.

'The people' - that is, a small number of vicious individuals determined to drive a singular and very skewed version of history - have spoken and have been allowed to win.
Ironically, the (BAME) Mayor of Bristol used that very argument this morning when condemning large numbers of statues across the country that have been erected due to the actions of a ‘“very small number of white, privileged elite” in past years.
I doubt he would get the irony of his argument if it slapped him between the eyes!

Colston has the disadvantage of being dead. That means he can be used as a useful cipher for white people's unfettered and irredeemably malign influence.

Forget the the philanthropy. Forget the local people's numerous votes on whether his statue should stay or go. Forget democracy. 'The people' - that is, a small number of vicious individuals determined to drive a singular and very skewed version of history - have spoken and have been allowed to win.

Tacitly encouraged by the mayor

PC does not good science/history make.

I had suspected that was happening on a larger scale than we can see.

Time we clamped down as a nation. Arrested on a demo nowhere near your home address? Benefits stopped for six months whilst investigations take place. Do it again? Social housing entitlements removed. You want anarchy? You can't expect the system developed to support citizens to support you while you destroy it.
Where will they get their money? Get a Job?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Ironically, the (BAME) Mayor of Bristol used that very argument this morning when condemning large numbers of statues across the country that have been erected due to the actions of a ‘“very small number of white, privileged elite” in past years.
I doubt he would get the irony of his argument if it slapped him between the eyes!
Okay, I'll take him on.

Who does Mr Rees expect statues to have been erected to? The 'ordinary' people, in line with some idealised and never-existed egalitarianism? That's a bit rich [sic] coming from a member of a political party which has probably done the most to stymy social mobility in recent years.

Many of those statues weren't necessarily erected and paid for by the individuals themselves. They were raised to honour the lifetime achievements of said individuals, by communities that were grateful. Note: communities, not just a self-selecting, -perpetuating and -excluding elite.

Yes, no doubt some influence will have been exerted by families and peers but plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose or, if you prefer, 'four legs good, two legs bad'; just because the choices aren't to Mr Rees's personal taste does not make them wrong, then or now. I'd question Labour's elevations of some people to the House of Lords. Some of them aren't fit to be there, and let's wait and see how they're viewed in the fullness of time, eh?

Many of those statues exist to commemorate the philanthropy of the individuals concerned. Colston for one. Rhodes for another. There are numerous others. And note again: philanthropy, not oppression, not exclusion. All those nasty, oppressive hospitals and museums and indentureships and scholarships; what on earth to do about them.

White? Well, yeah. What does he expect in a country which until the post-WWII era was quite un-hideously white?

...for reference, we don't refer to Africa as being hideously black and we don't refer to the Indian Subcontinent as being hideously brown, so why should this country's history and institutions be described as being hideously white? Even today, the country's history is predominantly white, merely by virtue of demographics.

Elite? Well, I suppose that if you've done well you are part of an elite. But noblesse oblige; the idea that those at the top have an obligation to greater society's betterment. It seems to be a largely European concept. One could compare here quite favourably with - oh, pick any number of places in Africa. How much money did Robert Mugabe have in his offshore accounts when he died, while the country disappeared under hyperinflation? How many limousines does the King of Swaziland Eswatini have, while his citizens cope with the highest levels of HIV infection in the world?

What a terrible job we've made of being a country, eh?

Okay, I'll take him on.

Who does Mr Rees expect statues to have been erected to? The 'ordinary' people, in line with some idealised and never-existed egalitarianism? That's a bit rich [sic] coming from a member of a political party which has probably done the most to stymy social mobility in recent years.

Many of those statues weren't necessarily erected and paid for by the individuals themselves. They were raised to honour the lifetime achievements of said individuals, by communities that were grateful. Note: communities, not just a self-selecting, -perpetuating and -excluding elite.

Yes, no doubt some influence will have been exerted by families and peers but plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose or, if you prefer, 'four legs good, two legs bad'; just because the choices aren't to Mr Rees's personal taste does not make them wrong, then or now. I'd question Labour's elevations of some people to the House of Lords. Some of them aren't fit to be there, and let's wait and see how they're viewed in the fullness of time, eh?

Many of those statues exist to commemorate the philanthropy of the individuals concerned. Colston for one. Rhodes for another. There are numerous others. And note again: philanthropy, not oppression, not exclusion. All those nasty, oppressive hospitals and museums and indentureships and scholarships; what on earth to do about them.

White? Well, yeah. What does he expect in a country which until the post-WWII era was quite un-hideously white?

...for reference, we don't refer to Africa as being hideously black and we don't refer to the Indian Subcontinent as being hideously brown, so why should this country's history and institutions be described as being hideously white? Even today, the country's history is predominantly white, merely by virtue of demographics.

Elite? Well, I suppose that if you've done well you are part of an elite. But noblesse oblige; the idea that those at the top have an obligation to greater society's betterment. It seems to be a largely European concept. One could compare here quite favourably with - oh, pick any number of places in Africa. How much money did Robert Mugabe have in his offshore accounts when he died, while the country disappeared under hyperinflation? How many limousines does the King of Swaziland Eswatini have, while his citizens cope with the highest levels of HIV infection in the world?

What a terrible job we've made of being a country, eh?
I expect people on this site to ‘take him on’ and as usual, you have expressed it far more eloquently than I could manage - thank you.
Sadly, there is no one employed by our so-called National Broadcaster willing to take him on. All I heard was sycophancy and ignorant agreement with his POV. That’s the tragedy.

Okay, I'll take him on.

Mr S Lawrence?

Mary Hinge

War Hero

Bristol should now return all the money to the Colson family that Colston donated to the City of Bristol, thus completely removing itself from all of those tainted donations.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bristol should now return all the money to the Colson family that Colston donated to the City of Bristol, thus completely removing itself from all of those tainted donations.
With compound interest.

Little bit of wokeism creeping into Times Radio. Mind you, they have employed that awful Porridge Gobbler Aasmah Mir.

Superman had the Fortress Of Solitude now Bristol has the Beacon Of Intolerance.

UKRaider

Old-Salt
Random Radio 4 report. 20:45 - Social Justice activism against CEOs using 'crafting'...
*click

Remember folks. There is NO Left wing bias at the BBC. The BBC said so!

A BBC wet dream:

1600899823994.png

Latest Threads