Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think it is quite normal for a Party Leader's keynote speech to be broadcast. The only difference this year it is not in front of a live audience of sycophants.

Same will be done for the Tories when they hold their conference - then a mention of the Lib Dems.

ericferret

War Hero
I have just been watching 'Politics Live' on BBC2 - or, rather, a 'Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party Boris Grrrr Bastard Tories'.

BBC obviously believe that their Charter is best served by showing Lord Sir Starmer's Address to The Party Faithful in full.

House Woman has now switched it off with the admonishment that most of my spittle-flecked 'comments' are physically impossible and at least 3 are probably criminal offences.

Only 3 !!!!

Lightweight

I'm just glad if the radio or TV is on then I don't have to deal with that unfunny Scotch bloke Susan Calman.

He was omnipresent at one point.

It's on that awful Secret Scotland prog on Ch5.

It was making awful cringe worthy 'jokes' to embellish what was an ordinary act in an ordinary place.
cringe-worthy TV at its finest

I think it is quite normal for a Party Leader's keynote speech to be broadcast. The only difference this year it is not in front of a live audience of sycophants . . .

or dozens of Palestinian EU flags . . helpfully shown by the BBC

It's OK though, Starmer today said he loves his country.
He might want to ask his delegates if they do too . . . ?

1600769272057.png

Last edited:
I think it is quite normal for a Party Leader's keynote speech to be broadcast. The only difference this year it is not in front of a live audience of sycophants.

Same will be done for the Tories when they hold their conference - then a mention of the Lib Dems.

A 'keynote' speech that was, curiously, policy free.

. . . still, as a lawyer, it ticked the box of many, many words and all with no meaning.

The Labour party patriotic? Their previous leader went to IRA funerals FFS. And the current lot are on a crusade to dismantle our society from the inside out, string the lot of them up from the side of the Tower.

I heard his speech on the radio - a big improvement on Corbyn, but there again, that bar was set very low.
Lots of “me, me, me” in there and a significant bit about his support to the BAME community, which is suffering the most from Covid.
New start my arse - the same box ticking rubbish that is alien to most of us. This is all you need to know:
CB6F3A2E-97B9-433C-93EF-83724DEF2AA8.jpeg

I heard his speech on the radio - a big improvement on Corbyn, but there again, that bar was set very low.
Lots of “me, me, me” in there and a significant bit about his support to the BAME community, which is suffering the most from Covid.
New start my arse - the same box ticking rubbish that is alien to most of us. This is all you need to know:
View attachment 506381

Against anti black racism, so he's alright with the other types then.

View attachment 506381

Perhaps the BAME ‘community’ should start wearing masks & doing other stuff they’ve been asked to do to help themselves, instead of constantly bleating about it.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps the BAME ‘community’ should start wearing masks & doing other stuff they’ve been asked to do to help themselves, instead of constantly bleating about it.

There is even a group of MPs and Peers who question why BAME are being picked on for not wearing masks.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I heard his speech on the radio - a significant bit about his support to the BAME community, which is suffering the most from Covid.
There is even a group of MPs and Peers who question why BAME are being picked on for not wearing masks.
That might have something to do with most of them refusing to wear any kind of face covering plus the fact that they insist on gathering in large numbers. I travel on public transport, both train and bus, to work and have noticed that a majority of BAME passengers don't wear masks and those that do tend not to wear on the transport but put them on when they get off into the fresh air. If they're exempt, they wouldn't have to wear them fullstop, not just on transport.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I travel on public transport, both train and bus, to work and have noticed that a majority of BAME passengers don't wear masks and those that do tend not to wear on the transport but put them on when they get off into the fresh air.
Yep, common here too.

File under Just Not Getting It.

It's the file next to Groups Who Will Always Have Excuses Made For Them.

UKRaider

War Hero
Todays random Radio 4 entry - 'Wamens Hour' at whatever time that was this morning included a drama about Central African tribal wrestling which is obviously of great importance to British wamen.
Narrated by a MAN no less! I blame the 'patriarchy' whatever that is...

*click

Todays random Radio 4 entry - 'Wamens Hour' at whatever time that was this morning included a drama about Central African tribal wrestling which is obviously of great importance to British wamen.
Narrated by a MAN no less! I blame the 'patriarchy' whatever that is...

*click

Ah but the male narrator is a feminist.

Latest Threads