The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Stibbon

War Hero
It's generally the man nuts deep in his boyfriend.

It's certainly a clue, anyway.
What about the "boyfriend?"

Or are you claiming it's only the shunter and not the grunter that's a chutney ferret?

I was led to believe that in the women's services it was considered to be inevitable, so it was tolerated even though technically illegal. Well, not even technically, it was illegal. And that so many were gay, it would be almost impossible to boot them all. Wasn't one of the commandants of the WRAC also gay?
They practically advertised it for the WRAF as seen on this recruiting poster from the 60's

20210509_005629.gif

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
There was an excellent discussion last night on the Dan Wootton show on GB News about whether the licence fee should be binned. Martin Bell, some lady who was editor of "Conservative Lady" or similar and Phil Campion.

Bell, predictably, defended Aunty to the hilt, accusing GB News of being partisan broadcasting, to which Wootton agreed, adding that at least the channel did not pretend to be objective, unlike the Beeb.

The other two were in favour of losing the licence fee, along with the host, saying that the BBC should stand on its own two feet like any other media organisation, revert to a subscription-based model, and if it was any good then people would pay for it. Big Phil made the point that why should you pay £159 a year just because you have a telly that is capable of broadcasting the BBC if, like him, you never watch it. He also countered Bell's statement that he and other BBC journalists routinely risked their lives in war zones, by saying that so had he, and the BBC had cost soldiers' lives in the past, which I took that he was referring to the broadcast before Darwin/Goose Green.

Like many people I find I rarely watch the BBC now, and if I do it is more often than not BBC3 or 4. I listen to R4 which I know is indirectly funded by the fee, but find increasingly that I switch it off due to it's irritating wokeness, unfunny comedies and political bias. It would be refreshing if they could do the news without reference to women's football, racist whitey, the "tragedy" of Brexit and how wonderful multi-culturalism is. Just once.

R3 I could also live without especially at thee times I switch it on to escape from Lenny Henry's latest offering on R4 only to hear something sounding like a chimp banging a saucepan which apparently is "World Music". I'd rather suffer the ads on Classic FM and hear a bit of Elgar. (Other composers are available.)

It's well worth catching up on the GB News discussion. It was nice to see that even though it got a bit heated, Bell (who was the main protaganist although to be fair he was outnumbered) was treated respectfully by the others

It's well worth catching up on the GB News discussion. It was nice to see that even though it got a bit heated, Bell (who was the main protaganist although to be fair he was outnumbered) was treated respectfully by the others
Of course he was. GB News isn't the BBC or Channel 4 where any desenting voices are shouted down and abused.
GB News always have some sort of lothsome left wing type, or the other on their show, but that's the idea of a debate. Two opposing opinions.

Who do the BBC think is suited to their Strictly dancing show?

Ellie Simmonds.

Now don't get me wrong. I like Ellie Simmonds* and admire her talent and tenacity in becoming an Olympic swimming champion, despite having been short-changed at the height counter.

But dancing!? That's all about controlling your legs and graceful moving about the floor, and I can't help feeling that Ellie the Aquatic Hobbit is going to be at a huge disadvantage from the very start. Tripping over her dress is going to be just the start of her problems. I mean, how the hell is a conventionally-sized partner going to ballroom dance with her? It will be like watching a father dance with his three-year old daughter at a wedding.

Call me a grump cynic, but I think that the BBC may be taking this 'diversity' and 'equality' schtick a little too far. Steven Hawking is lucky that he died before they got him to compete in the next series of Splash Sink.

*I even have a guilty 'thing' for her. I'm going to hell.

Who do the BBC think is suited to their Strictly dancing show?

Ellie Simmonds.

Now don't get me wrong. I like Ellie Simmonds* and admire her talent and tenacity in becoming an Olympic swimming champion, despite having been short-changed at the height counter.

But dancing!? That's all about controlling your legs and graceful moving about the floor, and I can't help feeling that Ellie the Aquatic Hobbit is going to be at a huge disadvantage from the very start. Tripping over her dress is going to be just the start of her problems. I mean, how the hell is a conventionally-sized partner going to ballroom dance with her? It will be like watching a father dance with his three-year old daughter at a wedding.

Call me a grump cynic, but I think that the BBC may be taking this 'diversity' and 'equality' schtick a little too far. Steven Hawking is lucky that he died before they got him to compete in the next series of Splash Sink.

*I even have a guilty 'thing' for her. I'm going to hell.
Instead of a professional dancer perhaps she could be partnered with Warwick Davis.

Latest Threads