Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

This ‘Information’ has appeared for the first time, today, on the programme list covering BBC2 lunchtime news.
69128A60-BBAF-4FC2-BA7F-132AE07611E5.jpeg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Because we live in Switzerland.
This is a perfectly legit Beeb feed. We also have ITV channels.

I feel you would be better off watching the ITV channels.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
On the other hand, Round the Horne: "Now, letters. This one from Ginger Mingecover..."
I was listening to Great Lives the other week on BBC R4. Not a comedy show as such but it discussed the life of Kenneth Williams and had an snippet from his appearances on Just a Minute. One of the few times I've heard Nicolas Parsons was lost for words (probably trying to stop himself laughing):

NP: And a correct challenge from Kenneth who I must say seems to have a bit of cult following among the audience.
KW: Ooooohhhh yes I'm definitely a cult, a real cult when you get to know me. I don't think there's a bigger cult than me. Do you want to see what a cult I can be. I can do some really cultish things when I'm riled....
NP: And the next question goes to.....
KW: Don't interrupt me, that's a really cultish thing to do to someone when they're in full flow...
NP: Thank you Kenneth, I didn't mean to....
KW: I'm a real cult I am.......
NP: Thank you.....
KW: Cult !

Not sure that sort of exchange would be broadcast these days

Impartial :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That’s why I posted the pic.
It struck me as strange that this should suddenly appear. Until today the info has just said ‘BBC 2 Lunchtime News’, or somesuch.
It’s almost as if the Beeb is putting out a message to ‘foreigners’ emphasising its neutrality: maybe Los Yanquis inter alia.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s why I posted the pic.
It struck me as strange that this should suddenly appear. Until today the info has just said ‘BBC 2 Lunchtime News’, or somesuch.
It’s almost as if the Beeb is putting out a message to ‘foreigners’ emphasising its neutrality: maybe Los Yanquis inter alia.
'it's', if you read its propaganda.

BobbHope

War Hero
The grammar is absolutely dreadful!

Something one would expect of a ....commercial.... channel!

I count six commas, two of them before the words "but" and "and" . I like to think that I can write a proper sentence (until I started this one!) but would anyone like to front up and correct it? I am not normally a grammar Nazi but this is the BBC we are talking about.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was listening to Great Lives the other week on BBC R4. Not a comedy show as such but it discussed the life of Kenneth Williams and had an snippet from his appearances on Just a Minute. One of the few times I've heard Nicolas Parsons was lost for words (probably trying to stop himself laughing):

NP: And a correct challenge from Kenneth who I must say seems to have a bit of cult following among the audience.
KW: Ooooohhhh yes I'm definitely a cult, a real cult when you get to know me. I don't think there's a bigger cult than me. Do you want to see what a cult I can be. I can do some really cultish things when I'm riled....
NP: And the next question goes to.....
KW: Don't interrupt me, that's a really cultish thing to do to someone when they're in full flow...
NP: Thank you Kenneth, I didn't mean to....
KW: I'm a real cult I am.......
NP: Thank you.....
KW: Cult !

Not sure that sort of exchange would be broadcast these days
BUZZ!

Repetition

I count six commas, two of them before the words "but" and "and" . I like to think that I can write a proper sentence (until I started this one!) but would anyone like to front up and correct it? I am not normally a grammar Nazi but this is the BBC we are talking about.

....it's late and I'm tired after writing reports however for starters; line four, comma after "entertain"' is incorrect. The apostrophe in the following "it's" is incorrect and should be without apostrophe "its".

(I couldn't reload the picture)

I have just been watching 'Politics Live' on BBC2 - or, rather, a 'Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party Boris Grrrr Bastard Tories'.

BBC obviously believe that their Charter is best served by showing Lord Sir Starmer's Address to The Party Faithful in full.

House Woman has now switched it off with the admonishment that most of my spittle-flecked 'comments' are physically impossible and at least 3 are probably criminal offences.

Latest Threads