Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

SWMBO calls it the 180 Rule.

Turn a situation through 180 degrees. If it becomes unfair, then it was already unfair.
I've done that a few times with people just to hear the sputtering, mental gymnastics as they try to validate one against the other.

Labour Party: Starmer aims to build trust with 'new leadership' slogan

The BBC now appears to be Starmer’s personal advertising agency... No doubt Labour has told the DG that the licence tax is not only safe with Skier but it will be trebled when Labour get the keys to the magic money tree orchards back.

I can’t for a moment imagine the BBC writing about any Conservative politician so 'reasonably' but what is most noticeable is that it hasn’t opened the puffery for comments.

Strange that given that most of its ’Conservatives are bad' articles are opened for a hatchet job by the Rabid Remainer Collective.

I’ve never understood why the woke infested BBC tolerates Boyle, as he isn’t remotely funny and is regularly outright offensive. However, he is of the left persuasion, therefore gets away with almost anything with a channel that deems programmes such as “It ain’t half hot Mum” and Benny Hill offensive. Those programmes may be dated and of their time, but are still way more amusing than that prick Boyle.

I had a think yesterday when I did my post, and from the last series of FB's New World Order, he hammered the Royal family, the right and extreme left (Corbyn mainly) but stayed away from the moderate left.

I don't recall much about the environmentalists and the Swedish mongy-child followers either, so he may be offensive, but it's the right offensive.

There's an expensive documentary about slavery being shown on BBC in the next few weeks
Enslaved with Samual L jackson
It'll be interesting if it's just a whitey bashing session, and how the subject of African's enslaving and supplying other African's is approached. I'll wager it's (white) washed over

The BBC now appears to be Starmer’s personal advertising agency... No doubt Labour has told the DG that the licence tax is not only safe with Skier but it will be trebled when Labour get the keys to the magic money tree orchards back.

I can’t for a moment imagine the BBC writing about any Conservative politician so 'reasonably' but what is most noticeable is that it hasn’t opened the puffery for comments.

Strange that given that most of its ’Conservatives are bad' articles are opened for a hatchet job by the Rabid Remainer Collective.

I think perhaps in this case you’re being a little over-sensitive.

Given that it’s the start of what would be the conference season and Labour’s ‘virtual’ conference, one would expect the BBC (and other media outlets) to be paying more attention than normal to the utterances of the various opposition MP’s and their press secretaries' bilge.

Whether the coverage is any more or less favourable for the conservatives, only time will tell if/when they have their own conference, virtual or otherwise.

Hell, even the pathetic Lib-Dems can expect more and better coverage than they currently get should they decide to have a conference (which they could almost do in one room without breaking the rule of six, bless ‘em).

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Given that it’s the start of what would be the conference season and Labour’s ‘virtual’ conference, one would expect the BBC (and other media outlets) to be paying more attention than normal to the utterances of the various opposition MP’s and their press secretaries' bilge.

Whether the coverage is any more or less favourable for the conservatives, only time will tell if/when they have their own conference, virtual or otherwise.

Hell, even the pathetic Lib-Dems can expect more and better coverage than they currently get should they decide to have a conference (which they could almost do in one room without breaking the rule of six, bless ‘em).
I agree it will be interesting to compare the two pieces.

Chef

LE
I listened to all five episodes.
He had the chutzpah, in the first one, to imply that brutal violent murder of white farmers was the norm.
I couldn’t believe my ears.

Strangely enough I guessed that would be the case. Thank you for listening to it and confirming my suspicions.

Build trust with a slogan, and that slogan is "New Leadership"

Yep, that should do it, a bit of sloganeering and by golly didn't they choose an absolute winner. I'm in.

Chef

LE

Yep, that should do it, a bit of sloganeering and by golly didn't they choose an absolute winner. I'm in.

New leader New labour New country. Sounds good to me.

Maybe just simplify it to:

The great leap forward.

I think you may have missed the bit at the end... the bit about opening the article up for comments as they invariably do for any article in which a Conservative Minister is named / blamed.

I don’t think there is much wrong with the article per se but in a comparative way... Do you imagine that Boris bunging out a new slogan at the start of his party conference would get the same ‘reasonable‘ coverage? That it wouldn’t be opened up to public comments?

Sexton Blake

War Hero

Only the crumbliest, flakiest, Starmer.

Amazing what you can come across while scanning Medium wave on a portable radio in the dark. BBC radio last night, host and guest in agreement about Trump being a disaster and worse than the hated George W Bush...
Imagine my surprise.

New leader New labour New country. Sounds good to me.

Maybe just simplify it to:

The great leap forward.
Given how far away the next election will be, perhaps they could work on a five year plan?

Latest Threads