Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Add in Frankie Boyle's New World Order on Thursday night. I managed 5 minuted, but the wokism was too overpowering and I started felling quite nauseous, so had to turn it over
I’ve never understood why the woke infested BBC tolerates Boyle, as he isn’t remotely funny and is regularly outright offensive. However, he is of the left persuasion, therefore gets away with almost anything with a channel that deems programmes such as “It ain’t half hot Mum” and Benny Hill offensive. Those programmes may be dated and of their time, but are still way more amusing than that prick Boyle.

Chef

LE
This week the BBC, on R4, has serialised 'Blood Lands' by Andrew Harding. The puff for it last week was about the death of two black Africans at the hands of a white farmer. I must have missed all the reports on the white farmers murdered or driven off their property. Unless of course those are foul canards put about as fake news.

Which led me to ponder that there is no BAME equivalent to the term 'White Flight'

Has any BAME ever looked out of the window at a removals van and said

'Pack your bags there's white people moving in. There goes the neighbourhood.'?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
This week the BBC, on R4, has serialised 'Blood Lands' by Andrew Harding. The puff for it last week was about the death of two black Africans at the hands of a white farmer. I must have missed all the reports on the white farmers murdered or driven off their property. Unless of course those are foul canards put about as fake news.

Which led me to ponder that there is no BAME equivalent to the term 'White Flight'

What isn't much reported is that the non-white middle classes are also packing their bags and leaving SA in appreciable numbers.

Just been listening to the News Quiz on R4 and was moderately surprised to notice that it wasn't quite the usual undiluted left wing circle jerk as the panel included Geoff Norcott. (An attempt at injecting a little balance? Is the BBC licence coming up for review?).

It really is quite hard to concentrate on the content, though. The Covid-19 rules that preclude the customary dutiful invited audience have necessitated lots of forced hilarity from panel members in order to generate a bit of atmos. It doesn't work. The cacophonous result is what you might have expected from the dining hall of a Victorian lunatic asylum.

Distracting and quite disturbing.

philc

LE
For a balanced view and a laugh I raised the subject with my parents, 80s just started paying the licence and both enjoy sports.

So Sue Barker & Co, sacked off QOS, Mum outrage never watching again, BBC want shooting etc etc, Dad, the more small conservative type, Oh I like the Black Girl, she played for Chelsea or was it Arse, no matter shes knows football and will be good, Mum she knows nothing else. Small argument ensues, I finish beer and leave.

Like here life is a wind up.

Just been listening to the News Quiz on R4 and was moderately surprised to notice that it wasn't quite the usual undiluted left wing circle jerk as the panel included Geoff Norcott. (An attempt at injecting a little balance? Is the BBC licence coming up for review?).

It really is quite hard to concentrate on the content, though. The Covid-19 rules that preclude the customary dutiful invited audience have necessitated lots of forced hilarity from panel members in order to generate a bit of atmos. It doesn't work. The cacophonous result is what you might have expected from the dining hall of a Victorian lunatic asylum.

Distracting and quite disturbing.
I think this was just the second week with the new (Jewish) Chairman.

(He made some comment last week about his circumcision been merely "a snip").

An "audience" twittering away on-line, is unusual, but that and the awful canned-laughter, is something we may have to get used to :( .

An "audience" twittering away on-line, is unusual, but that and the awful canned-laughter, is something we may have to get used to :( .

Does that mean the untalented and unfunny Miles Jupp finally got the elbow, not that I have bothered listening for the last year or so.

I always thought that Jupp's talent struggled to make the cut as 'Archie the Inventor' in CBeebies' Balamory.

It's definitely not canned laughter. It might work better if it was.

The producer has obviously given the panel members a nudge before the show and told the them to bellow and honk with inappropriate hilarity whenever another panelist so much as opens their mouth, to generate a bit of a jolly atmosphere. I think even a stony silence might be better.

As they're predominantly lefty, perhaps they should just give it 'jazz hands' whenever somebody comes up with a quip.

I just tried The News Quiz. I made 3.5 minutes: Asian panelist attacks Priti Patel (completely unconnected to question); second bod attacks JRM. Priti Patel was called an Asian Enoch Powell. Turned off.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I just tried The News Quiz. I made 3.5 minutes: Asian panelist attacks Priti Patel (completely unconnected to question); second bod attacks JRM. Priti Patel was called an Asian Enoch Powell. Turned off.
JRM really winds up the mongs, politics of envy and all that

I'm all for ripping the shit out of politicians, that's what they're there for, but it's got to be ALL of them.

Spitting image carried it off and Private Eye (pre Hislop) were the masters. The stuff now is just monotonous student agitprop delivered the same dreary selection of ******* on the BBC's speed-dial.

JRM really winds up the mongs, politics of envy and all that
It's just so bloody predictable.
I used to listen every week. Brexit killed that. The current host mentioned being Conservative but if the panel is still the usual suspects - and the personal attack on the Home Secretary was gratuitous - i remain sceptical.

Can someone tell me why? I’ve nothing against the lady but why did Sue Barker and the others have to go?

What isn't much reported is that the non-white middle classes are also packing their bags and leaving SA in appreciable numbers.
Only the ones that can afford to

I listened to all five episodes.
He had the chutzpah, in the first one, to imply that brutal violent murder of white farmers was the norm.
I couldn’t believe my ears.

Latest Threads