The BBC: are claims of political bias justified? Part 2.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
More to the point - are you saying that it can't be?

They am what they am, but when someone suggested there was a gay/lgbetc gene there was uproar.

Proud of something that's nothing to do with choice ? Perhaps more 'nothing to be ashamed of'.

Politicising/weaponising is not helpful, and I wish the Beeb would take a big step back from their social engineering.

The whole 'nature vs nurture' debate surrounding sexuality is uncomfortable either way.

If it is a nurture causation then it suggests that you can be 'indoctrinated' into be homosexual and then 'cured', whereas if it is genetic ('nature') then it suggests that homosexual/non-heterosexual people suffer from a form of illness or medical condition.

That particular research debate does assume a binary sexuality, however, and so is likely unhelpful if the spectrum model is accepted.

L G B T +

The B's and the pluses for sure. To what extent the other letters, we are all individuals and there simply isn't a one-dimensional collective of L, G or T and it doesn't exist as defined by Pride.
According to two gay blokes I work with at work there is an element of choice involved.

The amount of ‘straight’ blokes one of them has been with was eye opening. Well they’re not totally straight until they cum apparently and then very sheepish about the whole thing.

I would suggest that the amount of ‘gay’ men is fairly small. But the numbers who aren’t entirely sure, who want to give it a go or are too lazy to just have a quick knuckle shuffle are quite high.

And having a society that does not denigrate or dehumanise fir doijbg so is a good thing.

The whole 'nature vs nurture' debate surrounding sexuality is uncomfortable either way.

If it is a nurture causation then it suggests that you can be 'indoctrinated' into be homosexual and then 'cured', whereas if it is genetic ('nature') then it suggests that homosexual/non-heterosexual people suffer from a form of illness or medical condition.

That particular research debate does assume a binary sexuality, however, and so is likely unhelpful if the spectrum model is accepted.
Without doing any particular research, I suspect it’s a bit of both; that is to say that some are born with the predisposition to be attracted to one’s own sex, while for others it’s more of a cultural thing, such as bi-sexuals also as an example the Spartans, as I understand it, based an entire society around homosexuality though I’m pretty sure they weren’t all gay.

As a possibly relevant point, I remember reading some time ago that bi-sexuals when asked, mostly identified as heterosexual, though presumably would also describe themselves as ‘adventurous’.

Without doing any particular research, I suspect it’s a bit of both; that is to say that some are born with the predisposition to be attracted to one’s own sex, while for others it’s more of a cultural thing, such as bi-sexuals also as an example the Spartans, as I understand it, based an entire society around homosexuality though I’m pretty sure they weren’t all gay.

As a possibly relevant point, I remember reading some time ago that bi-sexuals when asked, mostly identified as heterosexual, though presumably would also describe themselves as ‘adventurous’.
I know it is not a scientific snapshot, but judging by some of the horrors that fellow ARRSErs say they 'would', I can imagine that for many casual bi-sexuals it is no more than an activity leading to orgasm. The nature of the partner seems to be irrelevant in an 'any hole's a goal' type way.

Nope, just greedy.

skeetstar

War Hero
Here is the report in the daily mail that refers to the diversity survey. It covers a bit more than sex orientation, but doesn't give any further info .. just the raw numbers, not whether A is a subset of B, or vice versa

The Science suggests a tiny number of people are born genetically different and isn't X or Y, but that group is miniscule. The rise in the LGBT community at middle secondary school, would lean heavily towards nurture and cultural norms becoming more relaxed from the sixties onwards and the rising number especially in the 'B' Category can be attributed to the counter-culture.

The nature of the brain is to seek out pleasure and procreation has nothing to do with pleasure and is incidental to the moment outside of a marriage. The BBC and others long ago decided, that the organizing principle of society is the Individual and not the Family and for that reason we are unique in Human history, as the most selfish and thats why Woke was invented to make all the selfish people feel better about themselves.

The BBC and others long ago decided, that the organizing principle of society is the Individual and not the Family and for that reason we are unique in Human history, as the most selfish and thats why Woke was invented to make all the selfish people feel better about themselves.
How does that work with your communist indoctrination?

How does that work with your communist indoctrination?
BINGO... The BBC promotes a mass of contradictions and on the one hand, it pushes a conformist woke agitprop agenda and on the other, the idea we are all different but the same and the individual self is God, though only a minor god with no right to judge others, unless they're break the new woke code.

The reason why so many people are struggling mentally is the new doctrine makes people ill. The study of people tends to show the wealthier can afford to struggle and the poor who embrace this garbage have a far higher failure rate, as society spirals into the abyss.

It’s very rare for people to be expected to sacrifice blood, sweat or tears in most things these days in civvy street. Bandit employers prefer to take advantage of people by underpaying them or even not paying them and of course, forget tea breaks and even dinner breaks etc.

The people who did bit’s and pieces for me were always paid on time what they were owed. I also paid for substandard work that had to be redone. Those individuals, there were only one or two, were told after their money had been handed over that they were no longer required because of their lack of diligence.

I knew the majority of people who worked for me and it was a matter of fact that and personal pride that they were paid on time every week in cash for their efforts. I also paid the going rate for each trade without any quibble.

My view was that just like me, these people had personal expenses often including kids to feed, mortgages and various other bills to pay and of course, people want to be able to enjoy their lives affording decent food, a pint when they wanted it, holidays and so on.

People were also treated treated as equals. Employment law still refers to the master and servant relationship in legal terms when defining the role between an employer and an employee. People who worked for me were simply told, go and do that please and they were expected to get on with it and they did 99% of the time.

I went to school with some of these people and I drank in the same pubs etc that they did. We shared stories about our families and had plenty of banter. A happy workplace is a pleasant place to come to work to. That went for myself as well. I enjoyed being there with those people.

As for are they as comfortable as I am now. Well try handing out several thousand pounds in wages every week and then walking away with just a hundred pounds left over. That’s happened a few times depending on what stage payments for work were due.

My principle income these days is the pension I accrued in twenty years working in local government rising to a fairly senior level. That brings in several times over the amount that my old age pension brings in each month.

It was for me extremely good fortune that I did that service in local government. My first ever job there was because of a phone call from an old army mate. His dad worked there and got him a job there when he left the army. After I left the army, he phoned me and a couple of days later, I was a Council employee.

My first job there was as a dustman. My final job there was as a senior manager working in the social services directorate helping to run a department. It was a great ride in between the two very different roles over those twenty years.

I managed people very much according to the philosophy that I’ve expressed on here. I expected good standards of work from everybody and that mostly happened. Where it didn’t, the problems were explored in a constructive manner and people usually responded positively because they appreciated being helped and not berated.

They wouldn‘t have known it but It was the Green Jacket way of management In a civilian context. And it worked. We produced good results. I was known as a manager who would deliver matters that were previously problems as good results that worked producing what was needed.

That was done positively only stepping on toes where it had to be done. People wanted to work for me because they appreciated my way of doing things.

After I left the Council and did my own thing in an entirely different industry, the same ethos worked very successfully as I mentioned earlier.

Good post

More serial dumbery on your part
There is a public index on corruption and a less well known one on 'Fragile States' and its not hard to look at that index and almost all the European countries, are climbing the index a few places at a time and basket cases like Afghanistan are slowly starting to fall, as they've gotten rid of the west.

The dumb question your incapable of grasping: Is, Democracy only really works when we all trust each other and feel the rules of the game and the law that underpins are equal for all. The fact is the BBC version of that balance is miles off centre and the fragile index is picking up that dissent and reinforcing the old adage you 'go woke you go broke' has started to apply to our democracies.

There is a public index on corruption and a less well known one on 'Fragile States' and its not hard to look at that index and almost all the European countries, are climbing the index a few places at a time and basket cases like Afghanistan are slowly starting to fall, as they've gotten rid of the west.

The dumb question your incapable of grasping: Is, Democracy only really works when we all trust each other and feel the rules of the game and the law that underpins are equal for all. The fact is the BBC version of that balance is miles off centre and the fragile index is picking up that dissent and reinforcing the old adage you 'go woke you go broke' has started to apply to our democracies.

The dumbery, in this case – there are many – is that you criticised the content of the Times, before going on to admit you hadn’t read it in 20 bloody years!

I was going to block you, but there are shafts of entertainment amongst your moronic posting.

are you suggesting that being gay is a choice?

I am assuming it wasn’t you who made the original complaint about being called green slime…!

Poor squaddies, where is the fun these days: no more gangbangs, no entertaining nicknames.
Mind you, I didn’t see any reference to ‘crap hats’ being verboten.

25 years ago I was talking to a bloke at The Applecross Rally and it came out neither of us had married.
'So you are gay like me then' he said.
Now if that was a chat up line I have no problem just not interested.
He then said,' I work of NSO and they claim every male who has not registered as married or living with a femal is gay. Nonsense like most stats but well paid'.

Latest Threads