The BB Gun

Essential training tool , and should be on the scale , or not?

Discuss :D

PartTimePongo said:
Essential training tool , and should be on the scale , or not?

Discuss :D
You're talking about the lookalike's that fire the plastic ball bearings? Don't we have enough 'real' guns or are you saying for personal training eg practicing your unload drill with a 226 replica?

No , I'm saying when it comes to "motivating" switched off squaddies in the field :)

Everyman should have one, and indeed did at my old unit.

A full scale firefight with auto BB guns etc erupted int he cookhouse, after an unnamed member fo this board shot a chap in the nape of the neck at 30 cm

All you could see across the cookhouse was Glock, Sig, S&W being drawn from pancakes in the working dress and opening up..... funny as fcuk!

I even had little yellow balls in my mash spuds, the ration assassins went mad......they were caught in a cut off :D

BB guns are the way forward

Mighty_doh_nut said:
I even had little yellow balls in my mash spuds, the ration assassins went mad......they were caught in a cut off :D

BB guns are the way forward
Proof that Army mashed spuds are better than Kevlar

At one point in the med centre(in basra palace) there were 9 casualites with eye injuries the doc response was you bunch of cnuts .fun but wear shades or goggles

the missus said i could have one if she could have a kitten........

"no probs." says i
"it'll give me something else to shoot apart from you , and it'll probably be a darn sight quicker" :D

cue hard stares , crossed arms and pouty lip. :roll:

I think they are a great loada fun.... wonder how long it´ll take till a man, woman or child gets shot by police for having a bb gun, I mean carrying a table leg is a no-no in london!

me n bee said:
man, woman or child gets shot by police for having a bb gun
4. An imitation firearm is already defined in section 57(4) of the 1968
Act and covers anything which has the appearance of being a firearm
whether or not it is capable of discharging a shot, bullet or other
missile.

5. A public place is also defined in section 57(4) of the 1968 Act. It
includes any highway and any other premises or place to which at the
material time the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on
payment or otherwise.

6. There is no statutory definition of a reasonable excuse. This will
depend on the facts and circumstances prevailing at the time and police
officers will need to exercise discretion when deciding what action, if
any, is appropriate in each individual case.

You carry a BB gun in public and you're caught, expect the book to be slammed into you.

Boys you want the ultimate blast, get an Marui Boys M4 lookalike, runs off AA batterys and its ROF is unbelievable, 30 rounds out the end in seconds, beautiful! Broke mine, but might get another cause they are a reet larf.

So, can´t take me waterpistol to the building society then, no?

Bollox! :twisted:

'Airsoft' refers to BB guns which fire at or below 1.35joules per foot. 'BB guns' you can generally buy tend to be more powerful and therefore classed as firearms not toys. Airsoft weapons are toys but as they are imitation firearms (very good imitation at that) to carry them in public is an offence.

Plus airsoft weapons tend to cost a fair bit more.

Not really on topic, but what are the rules on soldiers carrying firearms in public?
I have often wondered what the Law has to say if I'm carrying a 9mm or 5.56?

Many years ago I was stopped in kent for driving an Army Landrover with no tax disc :roll: It got worse as I was asked to produce documents and it got quite out of hand when said copper realised I/we were armed 8O

I never did find out what happened as a more senior officer rushed to the scene of "armed men", became very red faced and let us on our way :twisted:

WhiteHorse said:
Not really on topic, but what are the rules on soldiers carrying firearms in public?
I have often wondered what the Law has to say if I'm carrying a 9mm or 5.56?
If you read TA Regs, then you will know that you are exempt from the firearms act whilst on duty...

msr