The Battle Of Goose Green

The Battle Of Goose Green

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
This book tells the story of the battle for Goose Green - the first crucial clash of the Falklands war - through the eyes of the commanders, both British and Argentine, from brigadier to corporal. It follows in detail, with the aid of maps, the 14 hours of vicious infantry fighting of both sides as they struggled for the tiny settlement of Goose Green. The book explains how 2 Para came close to failure as the battalion fought over open ground, in daylight, without adequate fire support...

Click here to read the full review.....

Sexton Blake

Swinger
An excellent book I grant you but not a new account I assume. My copy of this book by Mark Adkin was first released in 1992.

In my opinion the best and most challenging analysis of Goose Green has to be 'Not Mentioned in Despatches' by Spencer Fitz-Gibbon (first edition 1995, ISBN 0718829336).

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
sorry i was only given it for review in December. is it true Mafecking has been relieved ?

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
It's not as good as Ricky D Philips' version.

Fewer unicorns in your book.

Sexton Blake

Swinger
sorry i was only given it for review in December. is it true Mafecking has been relieved ?
I didn’t think my post was emotive or worded in such a way it would offend you. Perhaps somehow it did though.

I merely offered up the fact that this excellent book is not new and highlighted another source that may be of interest to others; even if not you.

No letter C in Mafeking by the way which, yes, has been relieved to answer your question and that also took a lot longer than the relief of Goose Green.

Regards. SB.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn’t think my post was emotive or worded in such a way it would offend you. Perhaps somehow it did though.

I merely offered up the fact that this excellent book is not new and highlighted another source that may be of interest to others; even if not you.

No letter C in Mafeking by the way which, yes, has been relieved to answer your question and that also took a lot longer than the relief of Goose Green.

Regards. SB.
good god no mate I was joking not being sarky

Latest Threads