The Barons been up to no good again

Looks like our friend Jim has been a bit of a d!ck again,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/

A BOGUS SAS veteran was used to advise on Cabinet Office security, The Sun can reveal.

Dreamer James Shortt was allowed access to the highly sensitive government building by its protection chief, Brian Ware — a former cop.

Now Mr Ware has been suspended from his £30,000-a-year job and offered to quit.

Shortt — in his 50s — brags of having served with elite military units across the world.

He has been pictured wearing berets of the SAS and the Paras, although he has never belonged to either.

He was a medic in the Territorial Army but left within months.

An intelligence source told The Sun: “Ware has been suspended over an allegation he was running his own security business, in contravention of the rules.

“He also appears to have allowed a man on to Cabinet Office property without ensuring he had authorisation.”

The Cabinet Office, in Whitehall, includes underground rooms used by the Prime Minister and advisers in emergencies.

Mr Ware said: “I deny permitting anyone on the premises without proper authorisation.”

And Shortt said: “I have proof of all that I say.”
Of course you can Jim. :roll:

Surely there's a law against this?? I mean, if I got a job as a dentist because I decided to go around telling everyone I was a dentist, then surely I'd get nicked???

Ace_Rimmer said:
Surely there's a law against this?? I mean, if I got a job as a dentist because I decided to go around telling everyone I was a dentist, then surely I'd get nicked???
Actually it's not an offense to pretend to be a dentist. Or a doctor, only to prescribe medicines if not entitled. But it is an offense to pretend to be a chiropodist. Something to do with dodgy people with foot fettishes... utterly bonkers though.

milsum said:
Ace_Rimmer said:
Actually it's not an offense to pretend to be a dentist. Or a doctor, only to prescribe medicines if not entitled. But it is an offense to pretend to be a chiropodist. Something to do with dodgy people with foot fettishes... utterly bonkers though.
It's got to be illegal to carry out dental work on someone that thinks you're a dentist?? I know it's just a bone example but the point I'm saying is that this man is getting work/making money by defrauding people. It'd be the same as me getting a job as a lecturer on astrophysics when I can barely spell the word..

Ace_Rimmer said:
It's got to be illegal to carry out dental work on someone that thinks you're a dentist?? I know it's just a bone example but the point I'm saying is that this man is getting work/making money by defrauding people. It'd be the same as me getting a job as a lecturer on astrophysics when I can barely spell the word..
Funny you should pick those examples. I know a walt who's been hired/passd himself off as both, and been booted when he couldn't produce the credentials. Lying on your CV is technically fraud.
You are right, it can be termed an assault if one does work unqualified (potentially GBH if causing harm), and if obtaining pecuniary advantage then yes, it is potentially fraudulent. But it's not illegal to set up shop and call yourself one, or to give medical advice.

And I should point out I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, but have a keen interest in the habits of walts. :D