The Banned List

The Home Secretary has taken time off from submitting claims for expenses and denying that she wants the top job, to publish a list of those people who are currently banned from visiting the UK.

From the BBC

I think the list is far too short (one Mr R Mugabe appears to be missing, for a start).

Please join me in suggesting people who should be permanently banned from gracing our fair shores!

Litotes

I'd like to see a remarkable twist of events in which Jacqui Smith bans herself. Then she gets raped by Bob Mugabe and gives him Hep B.

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
I feel really safe for my family now 16!! persons are not allowed into Britain to cause alarm or mayhem and racial division. May I ask about the several thousand that are here already? Jaqui get a grip!!

Can we add Gordon brown and all of his cabinet for
Betrayal of the UK armed forces
Raping the population of Great Britain
general c**tery

Anyone who uses Chav Speak like wot I can't do m8

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How about Shami Chakrabatti (apologies for poor spelling|)?

It would be good to see how she got on in a country which was not as liberal as UK.

Litotes said:
The Home Secretary has taken time off from submitting claims for expenses and denying that she wants the top job, to publish a list of those people who are currently banned from visiting the UK.

From the BBC

I think the list is far too short (one Mr R Mugabe appears to be missing, for a start).

Please join me in suggesting people who should be permanently banned from gracing our fair shores!

Litotes
Political spin on something thats nothing new, designed to divert attention from the one eyed spivs failures.

...Susan Boyle?

Pararegtom said:
May I ask about the several thousand that are here already? Jaqui get a grip!!
Surely that should be several hundred thousand.

It is nice to see that Bin Laden can still pop in :lol:

George Bush (both of them) should be on it

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Litotes said:

From the BBC

Litotes
That list has a lot more than 26 odd names on it. It's just a 'spin release' (maybe to try to distract the battering and coup plotting the Gob'ment are experiencing currently), making it look like they give a toss about protecting the border.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
As funny as it seems, he is not exluded. Neither is Uncle Bob. So I understand... :D Not in a 'ban list' context anyway.

Rationale being that both are so immediately recognisable that they wouldn't be able to get near the country without someone noticing and the 'super border control machine' swiftly going into action.

I for one wouldn't want to put the theory into practice to see if it works...

Does anyone else giggle when they read Samir al Quntar's name?

On a serious note, at the risk of being rediculed as a liberal, there are a few names on that list that haven't actually done anything wrong. They may speak outrageous opinions, but as far as I can see they haven't broken the law. It's refreshing to see that the ideal of free speech for all remains just that, an ideal.

[quote="Command_doh]

That list has a lot more than 26 odd names on it. It's just a 'spin release' (maybe to try to distract the battering and coup plotting the Gob'ment are experiencing currently), making it look like they give a toss about protecting the border.[/quote]

I am deeply shocked and offended by your cynicism 8O ! Clearly the Stazzi (sorry, I mean Comrade Jacqui Smith) is doing her utmost to protect our fair shores from these unsavoury ne'erdowells. Let's not focus on who has not been included and just look at some of the people she has banned:
1. Jack the Ripper
2. Carlos D. Jackal
3. Genghis Khan
4. Adolph Hitler
6. Saddam Hussein
7. ANY Klingon Generals!

So lets have no more of this kind of talk saying that's it's just a pathetic and transparent exercise in spin! :)

Auld-Yin said:
How about Shami Chakrabatti (apologies for poor spelling|)?

It would be good to see how she got on in a country which was not as liberal as UK.
Can i please have her for a few hours there is some thing about her that tells me to kick her back doors in, then kill her slowly.