The Baltics: should Britain be rushing to their defence?

Tangentially relevant. Norway enhances it's border defence with Russia:

Tangentially relevant. Norway enhances it's border defence with Russia:
Arctic thread?

In other news, Lembergs, the corrupting scum bag of Latvian politics has been put on US sanctions. Finally. Aivars Lembergs - Tēmas - DELFI

A Latvian who took Russian money and manipulated Latvian politics to the benefit of Russia. Deserves a 9mm to the back of the head.

I rather suspect Russia will now up the ante now America has picked a fight with their Iranian proxies.

Either in the Baltics or Ukraine...
Well, if I were Putin, I would go for the coup de grace of Belorus - that will really wrong foot NATO and leave the Suwalki gap dangerousl exposed and create tensions in the Region as well as in NATO - Belorus has been making overtures as much to the Putin as he has to the West; this would secure a key flank for Putin. Baltics can come next and the Ukraine is becoming encircled economically.

Found on the inter-web . . .

Published by: Defense Authors: eng.lsm.lv (Latvian Public Broadcasting), on 13 December 2018.

Poland to take lead in NATO Baltic Air Policing mission

The Polish Air Force is preparing to return to Šiauliai Air Base, Lithuania, leading NATO’s Baltic Air Policing mission from January 2019 on, while Germany continues to be the augmenting nation flying out of Ämari Air Base, Estonia, NATO announced December 13.

The Polish Air Force will deploy four F-16C/D Block 52+ fighter jets to Šiauliai. This will be the eighth time, the Polish Air Force has supported NATO’s mission safeguarding the skies over Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Poland first supported the defensive peacetime mission for the first time in 2005 and has since deployed their MiG-29 and F-16 jets to Šiauliai and Ämari. Moreover, 2014 and 2015 Poland made Malbork Air Base available for allied fighter deployments under NATO’s assurance measures.

View attachment 366732

Poland to take lead in NATO Baltic Air Policing mission

Latest Threads