The Baltics: should Britain be rushing to their defence?

YarS said:
I tell not only about Colonels. How many British veterans don't have house or flat in property? 50-60%, or even more? How many British veterans can't warm their houses at winter? 50-60%, or evn more? How many of British veterans have second house in countryside? How many British Petroleum top-managers are veterans of numerous British wars and conflicts?
You’re having problems again. Try and understand the point. A €9k pension for a Col is pretty paltry. Then again, he didn’t apparently serve his full time

You’re having problems again. Try and understand the point. A €9k pension for a Col is pretty paltry. Then again, he didn’t apparently serve his full time
Yars on divide and rule. Perhaps we should concede the point that Brit vets can be treated quite poorly.

I undeestand that Dainis will have full health care and free to use public transport in Riga.

Given how Soviet ops went in Afghanistan, I hope he does a better job for Riga. Quite how he will manage a public transport system that has income of 23m, where only 20% of the population pay, debts of 140m where 60ish m is just on staff, a legacy left by the wonderful Nils Usakovs now MEP tw*t, will be interesting to see.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
You’re having problems again.
No, man. It is you who have problems. It is you veterans cant buy a house, and those who have - cant warm it.

Try and understand the point. A €9k pension for a Col is pretty paltry.
Money does not matters. Quality of life - that is something that really matters. And Russian veterans, who at minimum live in their own warm houses, who have good food and medicine and at maximum became top-managers of Gazprom - they are in the much better position than British ones.

Condition Red

Russian troll activity commenced as per their schedule

Be aware, it is Sunday morning. They may be more stupid than usual due to post Saturday night drinking

YarS said:
No, man. It is you who have problems. It is you veterans cant buy a house, and those who have - cant warm it.

Money does not matters. Quality of life - that is something that really matters. And Russian veterans, who at minimum live in their own warm houses, who have good food and medicine and at maximum became top-managers of Gazprom - they are in the much better position than British ones.
The point was on the pension of a Colonel. As Sergey said, he only got part of a Col’s pension. Your bleating and ‘whataboutery’ on Brit vets is neither here nor there. If you have an example of a retired Brit Col who is on a pension of £9k or so, provide it.

Otherwise it’s more drivel from a cowardly rapist.

Oh yes, I can see the nice warm lovely houses and quality of life in these photos.

Photographer Captures Everyday Russia - The Moscow Times

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
The point was on the pension of a Colonel. As Sergey said, he only got part of a Col’s pension. Your bleating and ‘whataboutery’ on Brit vets is neither here nor there. If you have an example of a retired Brit Col who is on a pension of £9k or so, provide it.
Money is nothing. Quality of life is what means.

YarS said:
Money is nothing. Quality of life is what means.
My you are sensitive this week. Are the decorators in?

All well and good comparing the wonderful living conditions in the corrupt neo-tsarist version of the workers’ paradise to those in the west; but can we stop being diverted by the Kremlin troll from the post subject matter.

Maybe a mod can clean up the irrelevant posts?

Is anybody else round here heading for Riga (including, indeed, perhaps, @Riga) for the StratCom CoE jamboree this week?

U.S. will deploy 1,000 troops to Poland; Warsaw may call them 'Fort Trump' - Reuters
‘Fort Trump’ in Poland could be on the cards. I mentioned Trump saying 2 of the 50K US troops in Germany could go to Poland on the ‘German Defence Woes’ thread. It looks like 1,000 is confirmed:
Trump announced the troop deployment at a joint news conference with Duda in the White House Rose Garden shortly after the two leaders signed a joint declaration affirming defense cooperation and watched a U.S.-made F-35 fighter jet fly overhead.

Duda, who is considering naming the U.S. installation “Fort Trump,” said the new influx of troops was needed because of Moscow’s past aggression against Poland and to help solidify his country’s ties to the West.
Duda is quite open about the threat, but Trump hopes Poland (and the US) will ‘have a great relationship with Russia’:
“Russia again is showing its unkind, unfriendly imperial face,” he said. “Russia is always looking out to take our territory.”
“I hope that Poland is going to have a great relationship with Russia. I hope that we’re going to have a great relationship with Russia,” said Trump.
Stoltenberg seems happy:
“Today’s announcement is part of NATO’s measured, defensive and proportionate efforts to strengthen our deterrence and defense,” he said.

Oh, yeah... Thats what we call 'high standarts of Reuters journalist'. Very close to 'Daily mail'.
Its look funny how diplomatically they missed the word 'noncombatant' between '1,000' and 'troops'.

US to Send 1,000 More Troops to Poland

"Last fall, Warsaw asked for a tank division. Looks like they're getting rotating logistics troops instead."

Russians will be happy, if USA repair Polish roads and bridges for their own money. And yes, it is a best thing for saving Polish people. Less time Russians need for conquere of Poland and continue their offence in West, less battles on Polish territory - more Polish civilians survived.

Let's continue our show of freaks:
British pilot lost himself in the skies of Estonia (say nothing about the evil Russian ECM!), and landed at the clearing in the woods. Can anybody (exept' highly professional' British pilots) lost himself in tiny Estonia?
View attachment 395477
From another hand, if he violated Russian border, after the lost of orientation we would see pretty good show (may be with fireworks or another clowns in Lefortovo prison cell right next to Ukrainian sailors).
LOL. Always check your image sources - troll!

Mercianregapache.JPG

From

https://deskgram.net/p/2050773161330641208_8405585351

Let me guess your pic was lifted from a troll website no doubt littered with fantastic claims of how the helo was spoofed by superior Russian electronic wizardry! Let me guess that you also believe that the USS Donald Cook was disabled in the Black Sea by Su-24s with their electronic wizardry!

What frightened the USS Donald Cook back to port in the Black Sea? – The Millennium Report