The Baltics: should Britain be rushing to their defence?

Interesting report from a Polish official think tank on threats to NATO's northern flank. Picked it up on the Arctic Theatre thread as mentioned by @terminal above. It seems to have rattled our little troll's cage a bit.

Edited to add link: http://www.pism.pl/files/?id_plik=25696 (oops)

I don't have a subscription to The Economist, so I can't read any more than the first few paragraphs.

We have previously discussed this subject in detail however in the Arctic thread. Recent relevant discussion starts about here and continues on for about another 20 posts.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/the-arctic-theatre.286757/post-9250946

I don't know if you are still following that thread, if not then there may be relevant earlier discussion you may wish to catch up on.
Thanks for the heads up on this. It seems that the thrust of the "stable genius" administration in this area is rather counter-productive.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Few funny photos from Estonia. Degradant-engeneers from 26th regiment made few sh-t holes and pretent to call it 'trenches'.
SAVE_20190524_130717.jpeg

SAVE_20190524_130658.jpeg

SAVE_20190524_130643.jpeg

SAVE_20190524_130623.jpeg

I have good news, and bad news. Good news - they know the word 'trench'. Bad news - they don't know what does it mean.

Few funny photos from Estonia. Degradant-engeneers from 26th regiment made few sh-t holes and pretent to call it 'trenches'.
View attachment 394690
View attachment 394691
View attachment 394692
View attachment 394693
I have good news, and bad news. Good news - they know the word 'trench'. Bad news - they don't know what does it mean.
Ah yes, 'trench', derived from old Russian meaning 'to rape and pillage and when in power be as corrupt as possible'.

I have no idea how it came to mean an excavation through the ground. Weird, isn't it.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Ah yes, 'trench', derived from old Russian meaning 'to rape and pillage and when in power be as corrupt as possible'.

I have no idea how it came to mean an excavation through the ground. Weird, isn't it.
Looks like you are right, and they made it just for the sexual activity (including raping each other) and keeping goods, pillaged from other NATO occupants... Nothing about actual military use.

Looks like you are right, and they made it just for the sexual activity (including raping each other) and keeping goods, pillaged from other NATO occupants... Nothing about actual military use.
Except in NATO and hairy builder's speak it does mean excavating through the ground.

Of course, it's derived from those Frenchie types.

As well as territory, Russia has to steal words too to make up for the sparse vocabulary. kekekekekekekekek.

How's the organ grinder?

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Except in NATO and hairy builder's speak it does mean excavating through the ground.

Of course, it's derived from those Frenchie types.

As well as territory, Russia has to steal words too to make up for the sparse vocabulary.
Actually, talking about 'trenches' Russian language have both imported words like 'transheya' and 'sapa', and Slavic ones like 'okop', 'rov', 'kanava' (may be, 'canava' have latin root, may be not).

How's the organ grinder?
'Sharmanschik'. From French 'Charmante Catherine'.

Last edited:
"Grey Fox, post: 9289675, member: 155341"]Actually, talking about 'trenches' Russian language have both imported words like 'transheya' and 'sapa', and Slavic ones like 'okop', 'rov', 'kanava'
As expert trenchers then, you'd know about the rape and pillage and corruption. Keep it up, there's a good bummer.

How are your drunk priests? Are they slurring their words during sermons whilst flashing their Rolex watches.

'Sharmanschik'. From French 'Charmant'.
You dancing for him yet?

Thousands of troops from UK-led force begin milestone maritime training deployment
JEF (Joint Expeditionary Force) Ex in Scandinavian and Baltic countries begins. The JEF includes countries which are not in NATO like Sweden and Finland:
Baltic Protector marks the first deployment of the UK-led JEF Maritime Task Group, with command of the group conducted by the Royal Navy’s HMS Albion.

Today she joins forces with vessels and personnel from Denmark, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and the Netherlands for the start of integration training in the western Baltic and eastern North Sea – the first of three phases making up the deployment.

In June, the JEF will then demonstrate its ability to not only operate independently but also support existing multinational organisations when the task group will join NATO Allies on the US-led Exercise Baltops, taking part off Germany and Sweden.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...ilestone-maritime-training-deployment.292812/

Interesting report from a Polish official think tank on threats to NATO's northern flank. Picked it up on the Arctic Theatre thread as mentioned by @terminal above. It seems to have rattled our little troll's cage a bit.

Edited to add link: http://www.pism.pl/files/?id_plik=25696 (oops)
Thousands of troops from UK-led force begin milestone maritime training deployment
JEF (Joint Expeditionary Force) Ex in Scandinavian and Baltic countries begins. The JEF includes countries which are not in NATO like Sweden and Finland:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...ilestone-maritime-training-deployment.292812/
The Minister does not inspire with his use of language... From Denmark to Estonia, Sweden to Lithuania would have sounded better imho.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Let's continue our show of freaks:
British pilot lost himself in the skies of Estonia (say nothing about the evil Russian ECM!), and landed at the clearing in the woods. Can anybody (exept' highly professional' British pilots) lost himself in tiny Estonia?
SAVE_20190528_121036.jpeg

From another hand, if he violated Russian border, after the lost of orientation we would see pretty good show (may be with fireworks or another clowns in Lefortovo prison cell right next to Ukrainian sailors).

Last edited:
And yes, talking about professionalism - are you sure, that your soldiers in Estonia are vaccinated against proper species of Lyme disease and the tick borne encephalitis? There are rather specific epidemiology here, and mistakes can be literally deadly.
Lyme disease - Wikipedia
Tick-borne encephalitis - Wikipedia

I very doubt, that Russia needs another 'highly likely' caused by the British stupidity.
...... and there's me thinking Novichok was your preferred poison. Not that it matters, as you are going to be nuked.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
...... and there's me thinking Novichok was your preferred poison.
You are wrong. There are no such a poison in Russian Army and Special Services.

Not that it matters, as you are going to be nuked.
He-he-he. Are you sure, that that time your Tridents will not to fly to USA?

British Trident Nuclear Missile Flies in Wrong Direction, Heads to United States in Failed Test

And yes, anyway, at least two thirds of your nukes will be eliminated before you understood that the war is already in a hot stage.

Let's continue our show of freaks:
British pilot lost himself in the skies of Estonia (say nothing about the evil Russian ECM!), and landed at the clearing in the woods. Can anybody (exept' highly professional' British pilots) lost himself in tiny Estonia?
View attachment 395477
From another hand, if he violated Russian border, after the lost of orientation we would see pretty good show (may be with fireworks or another clowns in Lefortovo prison cell right next to Ukrainian sailors).
Maybe they just parked up to get a take away.

And in any case, it's only your say so that they're lost.