The Baltics: should Britain be rushing to their defence?

Do you think, that the war will be finished right after the first exchanges of nuclear strikes?
Just how stupid are you?
Clearly not as stupid as you if you think the infrastructure to build new nukes will be left alone
If they lost Australia and Hawaii - they are going to lost war independently from Russian position.
Russia would remain an existential threat. They would keep reserves
There are good chances, that he will not be able to spend that money in a case of peace. Or, may be, dollars will cost less than in-game "gold" in "World of Tanks". Money is just one of the tools, not even most powerful.
And so is seeing your kids grow up with families. So they can inherit the ill gotten gains.
And yes, Putin is just a leader of Russians, and leader can lead his society only where it wants to go.
He can steer it in any way he way he chooses. There are enough idiots who believe what he says. You are just one example.

He also said the US commitment to NATO was ‘unshakeable’

They’re in both NATO and the EU. Both have similar treaties re providing support if attacked. A5 for NATO. 42(7) for the EU

The NATO members have until 2024 to get to 2% of GDP and imo they should honour that pledge
The the acquisition of multiple manpads, shorads and medium air defence systems by all the Baltics will change Soviet thinking, however, I suggest a key requirement is to strengthen the logistical systems for rapid re-inforcement and air engagement ROEs.

Of course, whether Putin will even be here in 15 years is another question @Zhopa?

Of course, whether Putin will even be here in 15 years is another question @Zhopa?
It is, as you say, another question (although another question to what I can't tell - with the trolls on mute all I see, once again, is a page of @scalieback and @Condottiere shouting at thin air).

But I'm not sure it's a relevant question. Putin may be off the scene, but Russia will still be there, so the Baltics will still be facing the same issues.

Clearly not as stupid as you if you think the infrastructure to build new nukes will be left alone
People much more clever than me or you think how to keep strategiacl infrastructure intact.

Russia would remain an existential threat. They would keep reserves
Ok. Lets imagine that China already eliminated their reserves. It happens, you know. The question is not about them. It is about you. What will you decide: To help Sprats, to help Septics, to help both of them, to help yourself?

People much more clever than me or you think how to keep strategiacl infrastructure intact.
Sure they do. Meanwhile is the war over yet?
Ok. Lets imagine that China already eliminated their reserves. It happens, you know. The question is not about them. It is about you. What will you decide: To help Sprats, to help Septics, to help both of them, to help yourself?
Once again, A5

The war will be finished with return of Alaska and delimitation of Canada-Mexican border. It will take years, may be - tens of years. So, nuclear industry will make many nukes in war time.
Right, so nothing to do with China and the US were right to keep some nukes in reserve
So, selfish pigs, you will not help anybody. Ok, answer accepted.
If you think that's the answer, it says more about you. Not forgetting the eFP of course.

Full scale nuclear war between USA and PRC. Thousands of nuclear warheads were explosed, hundreds of millions peoples are dead.

I think that Lithuania would be the least of our worries.

Reading down this page though I can only imagine that both of you have been on the turps.

Just for lulz.
Estonian article about detterence of Russia without NATO and EU support (particullary under paywall, but it worth to read).
AUTORIKÜLG | Vahur Koorits: Eesti riigikaitse varuplaan

Author thinks, that it is good idea to buy missiles able to hit Peterburg and ships, able to fight Russian cargoships.

There is only one problem - Pskov's paratrooper division need only 140 minutes to retake old Russian city Kolyvan' ('Fence of Ivan'), now called 'Tallin' by stupid Ests.

Latvia's Karins confirmed as PM, ending lengthy political deadlock | Reuters
Looks like Latvia's Parliament have agreed on a govt run by Karins of the centre right 'New Unity party'. They only hold eight of the hundred seats and the coalition is from five of the seven parties in Parliament:
Latvia’s parliament on Wednesday backed a new government under Prime Minister Krisjanis Karins of the centre-right New Unity party, ending months of political deadlock following October’s election.

Karins’ coalition consists of five of the seven parties in parliament, excluding only the pro-Russia Harmony party and the Union of Greens and Farmers.

Last edited:
Latvia's Karins confirmed as PM, ending lengthy political deadlock | Reuters
Looks like Latvia's Parliament have agreed on a govt run by Karins of the centre right 'New Unity party'. They only hold eight of the hundred seats and the coalition is from five of the seven parties in Parliament:
It was gamed - the President had to ask the two leading parties and then when, obviously, they could never form a functioning coalition, went to the old guard; this is something, that by the time, no one could object to.

However, Talis Linkaits has come into Ministry of Transport and likened it to a 'business' run under Soviet times; he has challenged absolutely everything today. Two weeks ago before his official appointment he came to the Ministry and asked for a simple list of names and salary... people are shitting bricks at the moment, and rightly so, the thieving twats.

Back on the laptop and i can not find the article stating that Poland have signed to buy their first four Blackhawks - birds built in Poland - today.

The the acquisition of multiple manpads, shorads and medium air defence systems by all the Baltics will change Soviet thinking, however, I suggest a key requirement is to strengthen the logistical systems for rapid re-inforcement and air engagement ROEs.

That depends on whether he gets bad aids or not

Back on the laptop and i can not find the article stating that Poland have signed to buy their first four Blackhawks - birds built in Poland - today.
Polish gov’t signs deal to buy Black Hawks for army
This one? Talks about four delivered by December for Grom etc built by a Lockheed Martin owned Polish company:
Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said at the signing that the contract with PZL Mielec, a Poland-based aviation producer owned by US defence giant Lockheed Martin, marked an important day for the Polish armed forces.
———————

Thanks to the order placed by the government many Polish companies will be able to provide supplies for the plant, Morawiecki said, adding that the Black Hawk helicopters were manufactured in Mielec from scratch.
—————-
The choppers supplied by PZL Mielec will be used by troops including Poland’s GROM special forces unit, public broadcaster Polish Radio’s IAR news agency reported.

The Polish government also plans to buy naval and attack helicopters for the army to replace worn-out post-Soviet Mi-24 machines, the news agency reported.

How the Baltic states resist Russia, the article to this looks at the Euro army and the politics in play between Germany and France.

The paper article is longer and quotes a Latvian 'spook' who says that the NATO forces stationed in the Baltics are a brilliant way of deterring Russia.

Point to note. Germany have said they will invest in Lithuanian training ranges and accommodation upto 2021 - Baltic Times

How the Baltic states resist Russia, the article to this looks at the Euro army and the politics in play between Germany and France.

The paper article is longer and quotes a Latvian 'spook' who says that the NATO forces stationed in the Baltics are a brilliant way of deterring Russia.

Point to note. Germany have said they will invest in Lithuanian training ranges and accommodation upto 2021 - Baltic Times
In a sense, the Germans are merely investing in their old territory again. :mrgreen:

Cough. Lithuania was never German territory unless you count temporary occupation in the two world wars. Parts of Estonia and Latvia were. The Teutonic Order failed to conquer the Lithuanians. Žalgiris/Grunwald/Tannenberg 1410.

Last edited: