The Baltics: should Britain be rushing to their defence?

United States set to sign deal on Patriot missile sale to Poland...
Further info on Poland to buy Patriot PAC3. Letter of agreement to be signed in less than a week:
The U.S. Department of State approved the sale of the systems in November, with Poland interested in buying eight of the systems.

“The letter of agreement is to be signed on March 28,” a source close to the defence ministry said. Two others sources familiar with the matter confirmed the plan.

Patriot missile defence interceptors are designed to detect, track and engage unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), cruise missiles and short-range or tactical ballistic missiles.
First mentioned in November, it's now becoming clear how much they are spending and acquiring with their money:
The proposed sale includes 208 Patriot Advanced Capabilty-3 (PAC-3) Missile Segment Enhancement missiles, 16 M903 launching stations, four AN/MPQ-65 radars, four control stations, spares, software and associated equipment.

In addition, Poland is authorized to buy U.S. government and contractor technical, engineering and logistics support services as well as range and test programmes.

The deal approved in November by the U.S. State Department envisaged the sale totalling up to $10.5 billion, but two sources told Reuters that Poland has received different options with different individual components and different offset scenarios. The sources estimated the options at up $4.5 billion - $5.5 billion, but said the negotiations are not over yet.

What is interesting is that certain people are talking about Blackhawks in a common purchase. Now, that, if it happened, would be excellent news.

Hey troll, Happy Easter. Do you get double time for trolling at Easter?
It really depends on how much nonsense you post tbh. I get double points for every story you post on ridiculous comparisons e.g. comparing walking to a bus stop in the snow and armoured infantry tactics in the winter.

I get treble points when you get excitable eg start frothing at YarS or another poster having the temerity to post in what you consider your thread and disagrees with you. Same when you ‘warn’ people not to reply to them and hand out negative ratings.

I get a bonus every time you self flounce like you did in the Barcelona thread or get excitable about some Russian exercises. Of course the holy grail is getting you on a car park roof and starting another ‘woe is me’ thread.

Overall it’s not bad thanks and Happy Easter to you :)

I have been advocating this for some time, a common platform of UH-60M.

The only way the Baltics will be able to field any worthwhile military ‘muscle’ will be by combining their pennies to gain enough financial muscle to make worthwhile buys instead of all 3 buying random penny packets of surplus tat.

It really depends on how much nonsense you post tbh. I get double points for every story you post on ridiculous comparisons e.g. comparing walking to a bus stop in the snow and armoured infantry tactics in the winter.

I get treble points when you get excitable eg start frothing at YarS or another poster having the temerity to post in what you consider your thread and disagrees with you. Same when you ‘warn’ people not to reply to them and hand out negative ratings.

I get a bonus every time you self flounce like you did in the Barcelona thread or get excitable about some Russian exercises. Of course the holy grail is getting you on a car park roof and starting another ‘woe is me’ thread.

Overall it’s not bad thanks and Happy Easter to you :)
Well, good luck with the drugs test on Tuesday morning.

The only way the Baltics will be able to field any worthwhile military ‘muscle’ will be by combining their pennies to gain enough financial muscle to make worthwhile buys instead of all 3 buying random penny packets of surplus tat.
Should they have any sense they will be going after the EU Military Fund - that could easily fund an acquisition of the capability.

Troll, happy that you are happy with counting pixel points. Troll. Are you missing something in your life, troll?
Are you on repetition words again? Alcohol kicking in?

Virtual points against a site toilet tend to lose their value tbh but crack on :)

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Troll, happy that you are happy with counting pixel points. Troll. Are you missing something in your life, troll?
You trolling people by claiming they're trolling is either ingeniously meta or tedious. I'm minded towards the latter.

Stop it.

Moscow says bans some politicians from Lithuania from Russia
Russia’s banned some unnamed politicians, MPs and political analysts from entering Russia in retaliation to Lithuania banning some of their nationals after the alleged HR violations and money laundering:
The Russian Foreign Ministry said on Saturday it had banned a list of unnamed Lithuanian politicians, lawmakers and political analysts from entering Russia.

The ministry said in a statement it had taken the action in retaliation against Lithuania which has banned dozens of Russian nationals from entering over alleged human rights violations and money laundering.