The Baltics: should Britain be rushing to their defence?

Latvians love the expression 'There is no bad weather, just bad clothes.' Personally, -29 is shit weather but actually what is worse is around -10 where you still have humidity, add in a wind and I want to go bear like in winter.
Used to have Sunday BBQs at -20 in Russia, have to eat the food fast, while it's still warm but the vodka was at the perfect temperature! ;) We stopped when the mercury dropped to -45 though :D

As we say where I come from 'Well come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'

Of course you won't because we all know why
Because there are nothing useful for us right now. You should work hard to earn possibility be occupated.
BTW: Aren't you supposed to be posting only in God's own language?
That's why I didn't post quotes from article, just link on it. May be, somebody here, "protectors" know Baltic languages.

That's why I didn't post quotes from article, just link on it. May be, somebody here, "protectors" know Baltic languages.
Your translation is poor again. It's not "NATO can not protect anybody" it's:
FOI: NATO can not handle Russian attacks on the Baltic States
Basically the article is talking about what everybody knows, that NATO could not defend the Baltics against a determined overt Russian invasion. Nobody is doubting that.

As we say where I come from 'Well come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'

Of course you won't because we all know why
Because there are nothing useful for us right now. You should work hard to earn possibility be occupated.
BTW: Aren't you supposed to be posting only in God's own language?
Because you know an attack on one is an attack on all as you have known ever since 1949

As the late, great Mrs Thatch would say in Lincolnshire dialect ‘You’re frit!’ so you’ll just keep on posturing. Even the ethnic Russians in the Baltic states don’t actually want to be Russian because they know better than most how crap you are

Last edited:
Your translation is poor again. It's not "NATO can not protect anybody" it's:
"It is clear from context" (c) not my. It is part of inner Sweden discussion about joining to the company of the future losers, or continue of being neutral.

Basically the article is talking about what everybody knows, that NATO could not defend the Baltics against a determined overt Russian invasion. Nobody is doubting that.
It is clear from context, that join to NATO will not increase Sweden chances to survive. As, NATO "defence" significantly decrease Tribaltic chances to survive.

Because you know an attack on one is an attack on all as you have known ever since 1949
Ha! Really? Even Baltic countries (at least officially) don't know that, and ask for hostages from main NATO countries.

As the late, great Mrs Thatch would say in Lincolnshire dialect ‘You’re frit!’ so you’ll just keep on posturing. Even the ethnic Russians in the Baltic states don’t actually want to be Russian because they know better than most how crap you are
Ha! Can you say, that ethnic Brits, living in India (or other colonies) don't want to be Brits? Don't mix emigration and colonisation. Russians, living in Litva, Germany, UK, USA continue to be Russians and part of the Russian world.

Ha! Really? Even Baltic countries (at least officially) don't know that, and ask for hostages from main NATO countries.

Ha! Can you say, that ethnic Brits, living in India (or other colonies) don't want to be Brits? Don't mix emigration and colonisation. Russians, living in Litva, Germany, UK, USA continue to be Russians and part of the Russian world.
Again you are wilfully missing the point
Will we have to use large crayons to draw you a picture?

You could get some mercs to help you out- oh wait!

Last edited:

Latest Threads