The Arrse Twitchers thread

Oh a Hoopoe, search google images came up with house sparrow. :slow:
Never seen one but not anywhere near the south coast where they appear from time to time. Bit of a vagrant that don't breed in the wild here.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
caw! taking no (bastard) pigeons prisoner I see.....good on her.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
well it's a handsome devil whichever, send it over this way ....too many pigeons.

bedended

War Hero
Morning All,
From yesterday's local 'comic'. Thought it might be of interest to some on this thread. The last article seemed relevant to the previous few posts.
I'm not a 'twitcher' per-se but will admit to watching birds;)(not in a stalker-ish way:))

Attachments

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Post | Wildlife | Wild New Forest | New Forest National Park

Russ writes:

Yesterday I attended a briefing for New Forest Snipe surveyors led by Keith Betton (Chairman and Country Recorder, Hampshire Ornithological Society) and Andy Page (Head Keeper and Head of Wildlife Management, Forestry England). The New Forest Snipe survey is the final part of the most recent forest-wide survey of ground-nesting waders, funded by the New Forest Higher Level Stewardship scheme, with Curlew, Lapwing and Redshank covered last year.

1582582070664.png

Photo credit: WildNewForest

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
and another shot posted in the same website today:
Hawfinch, New Forest Feb 2020 - photocredit Martin Bennett

1582842086795.png

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
yeah the jammy git ( Martin Bennett) - my instant reaction was ' Hey - it's Angry Bird' ! :-D

If you are on FaceAche - it's a great site.....lots of really good images.

Just a silly thing to keep us all occupied during these uncertain times.

Sweepstake time on the first arrival date for Swallows and Martins, photographic evidence required.

First prize, 1 x Bog Roll:) if I’ve got any spare by the time they arrive.

bedended

War Hero
Morning All,
Looking back at past photo's I came across this photo taken in the garden. Haven't a Scooby what bird it is though as the only weaver in India is apparently the Baya(which I've never seen). According to the bumf it deffo couldn't be that. I live at 1,700m for a start. The nest was built at knee height in a leafy bush not hanging and the beaks look completely different to my non-twitcher's eye, though it could develop later in life.
Guess it have to remain a mystery unless anybody here has any ideas.

E2a: Last two photo's. The chicks didn't last long enough to fly the coop. One of these probably.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mighty_Blighty The NAAFI Bar 37
mercurydancer COVID-19 428
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 4

Latest Threads