The ARRSE Political Party

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SKJOLD, Jul 8, 2004.

?
  1. Good Idea

96.9%
  2. Bad Idea

3.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (If this is in another thread then please delete it)
    (
    With New labour being about as good as a new pile dog schitt, and the tories with more in fighting and bitching than a WI meeting.

Why not start "The Arrse Party" or maybe a different name for PC reasons.

What are possibilties and the implications of it happening?

Im serious on this one, so keep your monkey loving somewhere else.

"Regime change starts at home" why not start it here

2. Considering the present bunch of Fuckwits in power, we couldn't make things any more worse than what they already are.

We need a manifesto to embrace the following trouble areas:

Defence
    NHS
    Education
    Immigration
    EU

Any ideas?

3. How about arranging a final coup within the Tories, installing some prominent arrse users in prominent roles and some really nasty arrse callsign as Chief Whip.... theat should suffice as a reasonable counter-bickering measure.

Failing that dust off Maggie.....

4. Why not just strike???? It works for the Fire Men :wink: :wink:
    Can I champion defence :D :D , and do education :oops: :oops:

5. As long as we get as much of a pay rise as them fcukers did, lets strike and send them out to cover us for a change.

6. Ok, let's see if we can keep it serious this time

I think it's a subject we can get to grips with, there is enough talent and intelligence in Arrse to put a half decent portfolio together.

Oh and thread hijacks get culled :D

7. I'll do the NHS, can't fick it up anymore than it is!

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This could be interesting. What's the concensus: some method of challenging the current w*nkers, either by supporting someone specific, or our own candidate(s)?

I still like the idea of getting Bliar out by registering in Sedgefield for postal votes. Could we get someone to stand against him?

9. Put a kipper up against him. For a start it has more personality, it won't give you an inane grin and it will never lie to you.

10. Viro, either one will do . And there is rather a lot of work/expense to running a candidate in an election. However, if they were to stand in a Military centric area, I dare say they wouldn't lose their (our) deposit.

On the subject of the postal vote, the person has to be living in Sedgefield on the date of the election. So if your place of residence, is "The Barley Mow, Sedgefield High Street" then that's it.

Incidentally, your residence can also be "Farmer Browns field in a tent for the duration Sedgefield" . The important word here is intention

It is your intention to be resident in Sedgefield on the day of the vote.

I believe that's how it works, I know I have one of my politicos on overwatch here, so he'll soon put me right if I'm not :D

As regards a candidate to stand against him, I'm sure there's an Ex Military bod up there, as heartily sick of the Beloved one, as the rest of us.

11. PTP,

any ideas to which Military area would be suitable?

12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Do we know who the prospective candidates are in Sedgefield?

13. Well Dui-Lai,

Back in the day , the Shot or Winchester, maybe Colchester. Have we got any really big Garrison Towns left?

What about Plymouth or Portsmouth etc? Are there any really big Air Force Bases and areas left?

We are after all, a proposed Party interested in a Tri-Service stance.

Which reminds me, how is the vote conducted for overseas personnel? Say BFG or BSA Cyprus? I assume they'll be postal.

Personally, I think the postal thing could work, you know how irreverant service personnel can be :D

Viro, not sure if there is a candidates list for Sedgfield, but remember, Bluppet will throw everything into the political fight there. the one advantage we (hope) have , is that he'll be campaigning for the local vote , we're campaigning, to have our people register their postal votes there. 30,000 should so the trick nicely :D

14. Just sat down and saw Question Time on TV-why not try get a debate on there with a Military audience??

Allow the squaddie, Matelot or Crab the opportunity to quizz the idiots/wannabe idiots in charge. Put an ARRSE candidate in there too. Should be "eventful" to say the least.

Problem, would the heirarchy allow us the freedom to slate MPs on TV? Publically critise the MoD? :?

15. Nice idea Dui-Lai

2 problems though .

1. I think the same "Talking to the press" rules would apply.

2. I don't think Mentorn will go for a totally Military audience. However, they might like the idea of mixing the Services in with Doctors, nurses, Police and Fireblokes?

But we'd still have to overcome the "Permission to speak freely" element , unless the people in the audience were "recently retired" *Theatrical Wink*

I could give them a ring and sound them out on the idea though NV NG etc

Not sure what Queens Regs. have to say about giving a politician welly on prime time TV :lol: