The ARRSE Middle Class

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Mar 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Congratulations. You have all been fcuked solidly since 1997:

"The report by the IFS discloses that, despite years of Labour declarations of support for the middle classes, its policies have consistently favoured the poor at the expense of those on middle and high incomes.

The institute’s economists calculated what household incomes would be today if the 1997 tax and benefits rules were still in place.

Those left with an income of £29,791 a year after tax — 10 million households out of a total of 25 million — are all worse off than they would have been if the tax system had been left unchanged.

At the top of the income scale, the 2.5 million best-paid households, taking home an average of £56,656 a year after tax, are 8.9 per cent worse off then they would have been without Labour’s policies.

The biggest single tax on high earners is the new 50 per cent rate on incomes over £150,000 that takes effect next month. Because of that, the IFS calculated that the small group of households with net earnings of more than £100,000 are 14.9 per cent worse off.

The IFS also analysed the income effects of tax during each of Labour’s three terms.

The breakdown shows that the most redistributive taxes were imposed between 2001 and 2005, when Tony Blair was Prime Minister and Mr Brown was Chancellor. During that parliament, even households with an average take-home income of £26,132 lost out.

In the current parliament, the IFS said half of all households had lost out due to changes in the tax and benefits system. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/budget/7522918/Budget-2010-10m-families-have-lost-out-in-Labours-tax-changes.html

2. How can you complain? The money has gone to so many good causes e.g. I see lots of chav kids get to school by taxis these days (Noduf).

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Dumb fucks who are paying for sven and friends

4. There's something gone seriously wrong with earnings in the UK. Here are a few representative annual salaries from Germany, together with the supplementary payments they receive (all in Euro):

Education and teaching: 47,706 2,107
    Health and social care: 39,836 2,434
    Construction industry: 33,868 2,011

The average wage of all branches is 41,468, with supplementary payments of 3,775. The full list is available here:

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/0,1518,685605,00.html

How do these wages compare with those of the UK? And if the Boxheeds can afford them and still be out of recession months before the UK, what went/is going wrong?

MsG

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dunno, but I can help.

Get to Dover in Kent. Hop a ferry. Get off and hook a left till they speak Cherman. Enjoy the rest of your life in Chermany.

Jesus. Anybody remember the good old days when the middle class were content to repair ones shoes then go home to their little terraced houses in the suburbs?

6. Crivvens, that's me that is!

What are the chances of a study being done to find out where all our taxes have gone. I bet the chancellor of the exchequer has just forgotten that there is a stack of cash in an old biscuit tin at the back of the cupboard.

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Boxheads work well but in my experience are mediocre at best, suck your own dick as much as you like but the jerries are not really that good and not nearly as good as you think. Aren't you a lover of eye ties anyway?

8. When I worked there, half of my salary disappeared before I even got a sniff of it.... the boxheeds (and guestworkers) pay a lot of tax...

9. We have a had a Labour government.

10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I trhink you'll find it's pay someone else to repair one's shoes!

11. No, no no, those weren't the middle classes! Those were artisans. The middle classes were doctors, school-masters and the less distinguished solicitors...some had been to minor public schools and the 'Varsity. Most were grammar school oiks but decent enough HO officers. Technical corps obviously.

12. Fixed that for you...

13. Do you know what the comparison is? Are we comparing head teachers, doctors and site agents or other grades within the payscale? Unless we are given a firm basis for comparison it is difficult to know whether there is parity or not.
    Apologies if this is covered in the article, my German is not up to a full translation.

14. Fixed your fix....