Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The ARRSE Beer Guide.

oldbaldy said:
In this neck of the woods Adnams is always a welcome sign.
Bitter for a session & Broadside at other times.
They also do seasonal beers which are well woth a look:
Beers from the coast

You Sir are obviously a man of good taste. Addies always tastes better when drunk in Southwold!

Since the sad decline of Ridleys, its my tipple of choice.

Fox's knob (pardon the word but that is its name) marvelous ale, I got some from the lake district but have long since run out.

p.s. nice to see that ARRSE has not gone too effeminate with a cookery section.

Samuel Adams Beer-proof that the Yanks can do something properly (apart from Hooters obviously). You can get it in TGI Friday's (£3 a bottle) and you can also buy it online. I could drink gallons of the stuff in one sitting easily.

Shepheard Neame Bishops Finger, actually anything by Shepheards Neame is good. Fullers Pride. Carlsberg Elephant - In Denmark.

There used to be a botlled beer by name of Barclays Imperial Russian Stout, brewed by Charringtons, does anyone know if it is still available?

Badger are a strange brewery, because they can brew such wonders as England's Gold, Fursty Ferret and the truly masterful Tanglefoot, but then throw out sh1t like Golden Champion (smells of flowers for fcuks sake), Golden Glory (tastes of peaches?!?!?), and the truly disgusting Blandford Fly with ginger in it?

Why?

Why ruin really good beer by putting that sh1t in it?

Oh and Spitfire - always hits the spot, every time.

OK its an Aussie beer but not a lager! Coopers Sparkling Ale very nice!

Ruddles County

Greenwich Meantime beers

Fullers London Pride

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

the list goes on, it'd be easier to list the ones I don't much like!