Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The ARRSE Beer Guide.

It might just be me getting on a bit, but anything brewed by Jennings is guaranteed to make me piss all over the hoover or in the airing cupboard. 8) (Can't remember if the last time was "Mountain Man" or "World's Biggest Liar".)

Cold Belhaven Best's not too bad either.

Abbots, Broadside, London Pride, Owd Rodger and most especially HSB. Basically, anything that you can't get at the local mess, who claim that there was no demand for anything but lager, cider and Ansbach (although I can happily live on that last one)

The occasional Leffe or Radiurse works fine when I'm in the right mood

Used to to love Newcastle Brown but started giving me mega headaches. One of my favourite lagers used to be Hurlimans from Shephard Neame.

Any one fancy a beer tour go to the site below. The guys ex army and has set up his own company running beer tours. Went on his Oktoberfest tour last year. Can thoroughly recommend it: :D

www.bier-mania.com

Bottled - McEwan's No 1 Champion - 7.3%, actually tastes like real beer and puts hairs where you'll never need them. A bit of an acquired taste, which is an advantage in itself, as they can usually be left unguarded without the worry of some scrote having them away.

Pint in the pub - Belhaven Best.

HF

You canna beat a nice pint of deuchars IPA, possibly with a wee hauf to chase it down...

If going exotic, can I recommend Argentina's finest, Quilmes? It is pronounced "quim" and as such can lead to hours of drunken giggling fun in bars staffed by ladies! A taste of your finest Quilmes madam!

McMullens Country Bitter is a fantastic pint on draught. Otherwise any ale by Badger Breweries, Charlie Wells, Theakstons, Fulllers, the list is endless

The Earl of Lichfield pub opposite dr johnson's House in Lichfield...great beers and top sarnies...

Already mentioned, but anything brewed by Timothy Taylor. The Landlord excels, draught only though as stated. The Best Bitter is a perfect 'session beer', and refreshingly in today's world the Golden Best mild also bears up well. In the 'darker months' Ram Tam is a dark and nutty delight, but rather strong for long-term use, as it leads to insobriety and a very loose arrse!