The ARRSE Beer Guide.

Was through in Bo'ness recently visiting old pals and having a bit of a scoop up.

Got talking about stuff we used to get up to years ago and someone mentioned "Snakebite".....

Hence trip to Tesco to load up with Cider and more lager. Snakebite did the trick plus it saved the Macallan from getting a hammering.

Think I'll stick to the vodka from now on.

I like Sake but the everyday Japanese version Shochu is just as good and it doesn't cost the earth.

Worst hangover ever was on a session in the mid 80's with a few wee bottles of "Barley Wine". Anyone know if its still made?

Cheers.

Padrat

Old-Salt
beer with Jagermaster chasers

12volts said:
Bloody hell Baldy,
Black Sheep Rigwelter, upstairs in the brewery bar at Masham...... The food at the Crown in Grewelthorpe.... the butchers that sell incredible pies . Oh,
and the cheese shop....
The Crown was owned and run by my uncle for some years; my aunt did the food. I have many happy memories of it.

strewth

Old-Salt
Tiger beer in Singapore always gave me a headache....whatever happened to Chesters Beer up in Manchester.....if ever there was a fighting beer it was Chesters.

Padrat said:
beer with Jagermaster chasers
Definitely not !! This combo made me go blind a few years back whilst on R&R in Calgary. It all started well. Watching a band in a boozer on electric avenue. Started drinking with some local boys. Then the jaegermeister started flowing.................I woke up in a bath in my hotel room fully clothed, no water in the bath and a headache that would cripple a small nation!!!

The cure was a taxi back down town :D

Cheers N_W.

Edited once for being a proper mong child!!!

12volts said:
Warsteiner, Munster = Headache fodder.
I concur. Was over there in Munster not long back visiting me best mate. Another town/city I have gone blind in.

Wobbly is a good mistress.

Was posted over there a few years back. Simply awesome.

German beers I like are Wobbs obviously, veltins, herforder and for some reason bitburger on tap, dunno why cos it tastes like piss out of a bottle!!

Cheers N_W.

Sparky2339 said:
I like Sake but the everyday Japanese version Shochu is just as good and it doesn't cost the earth.

Worst hangover ever was on a session in the mid 80's with a few wee bottles of "Barley Wine". Anyone know if its still made?

Cheers.
Sake and Shochuu are two different things - like comparing wine with brandy! Shochuu is more refined (as in strong, not cultured!)

Barley wine is readily available, masquerading as strong beer. My favourite is Durham Brewery's 'Temptation' - 12.5% and absolutely gorgeous.

Padrat

Old-Salt
last time my brother was over on leave got him tw*tted on IPA & Jaeger, got hell off the misses.

Padrat

Old-Salt
just in the process of sinking a bottle of Asbach

young_lofty

War Hero
Sailor Jerry rum wins for me. Miles better than any Captain Morgan bollocks.

Lofty19

Clanker
It might just be me getting on a bit, but anything brewed by Jennings is guaranteed to make me piss all over the hoover or in the airing cupboard. 8) (Can't remember if the last time was "Mountain Man" or "World's Biggest Liar".)

Cold Belhaven Best's not too bad either.

Abbots, Broadside, London Pride, Owd Rodger and most especially HSB. Basically, anything that you can't get at the local mess, who claim that there was no demand for anything but lager, cider and Ansbach (although I can happily live on that last one)

The occasional Leffe or Radiurse works fine when I'm in the right mood

oldbaldy

LE
In this neck of the woods Adnams is always a welcome sign.
Bitter for a session & Broadside at other times.
They also do seasonal beers which are well woth a look:
Beers from the coast

scruff_1

Old-Salt
Used to to love Newcastle Brown but started giving me mega headaches. One of my favourite lagers used to be Hurlimans from Shephard Neame.

Any one fancy a beer tour go to the site below. The guys ex army and has set up his own company running beer tours. Went on his Oktoberfest tour last year. Can thoroughly recommend it: :D

www.bier-mania.com

Bottled - McEwan's No 1 Champion - 7.3%, actually tastes like real beer and puts hairs where you'll never need them. A bit of an acquired taste, which is an advantage in itself, as they can usually be left unguarded without the worry of some scrote having them away.

Pint in the pub - Belhaven Best.

HF

Latest Threads