Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The ARRSE Beer Guide.

Bloody hell Baldy,
Black Sheep Rigwelter, upstairs in the brewery bar at Masham...... The food at the Crown in Grewelthorpe.... the butchers that sell incredible pies . Oh,
and the cheese shop....

whatnow? said:
Kopparbergs(swedish pear cider ..awesome!)

Tried this and seriously did not like it. However I tried the mixed fruit Kopparberg on Friday ...WOW!!

Now that is shit hot......Like crazy cherryade .....Ideal gear for a summers day. The only drama being you could smash about a dozen of them in and then yer legs fail to work properly.

Cheers N_W.

northern_warrior said:
As I am sat here cradling a nice bottle of Wells Bombardier, I got thinking about some of the unknown beers out there that my taste buds have yet to sample.

So here it is. The place to bang up our recommendations for a good tipple.

My personal poison of choice is Theakstons. A lovely bit of kit.

So come on fellow pissheads, give the world your recommendations for a good tipple.

Lets hear your thoughts and recommendations people of ARRSE land.

Cheers N_W.

Theakstons best or old peculiar?
i like the occasional pint of Cripple Dick, Spitfire, Monks Finger, Speckeled Hen if there is no heavy to be had

padrat said:
Theakstons best or old peculiar?

Theakstons Best for daily use :D

I do like old peculiar, but a session on that stuff would cripple you.

XB is awesome also.

Cheers N_W.

p.s. Gents, not just a Beer thread (maybe should have called it the tipple thread!!), all thoughts welcome. My liver thanks you in advance :D

Was through in Bo'ness recently visiting old pals and having a bit of a scoop up.

Got talking about stuff we used to get up to years ago and someone mentioned "Snakebite".....

Hence trip to Tesco to load up with Cider and more lager. Snakebite did the trick plus it saved the Macallan from getting a hammering.

Think I'll stick to the vodka from now on.

I like Sake but the everyday Japanese version Shochu is just as good and it doesn't cost the earth.

Worst hangover ever was on a session in the mid 80's with a few wee bottles of "Barley Wine". Anyone know if its still made?

Cheers.

12volts said:
Bloody hell Baldy,
Black Sheep Rigwelter, upstairs in the brewery bar at Masham...... The food at the Crown in Grewelthorpe.... the butchers that sell incredible pies . Oh,
and the cheese shop....

The Crown was owned and run by my uncle for some years; my aunt did the food. I have many happy memories of it.

Tiger beer in Singapore always gave me a headache....whatever happened to Chesters Beer up in Manchester.....if ever there was a fighting beer it was Chesters.

Padrat said:
beer with Jagermaster chasers

Definitely not !! This combo made me go blind a few years back whilst on R&R in Calgary. It all started well. Watching a band in a boozer on electric avenue. Started drinking with some local boys. Then the jaegermeister started flowing.................I woke up in a bath in my hotel room fully clothed, no water in the bath and a headache that would cripple a small nation!!!

The cure was a taxi back down town :D

Cheers N_W.

Edited once for being a proper mong child!!!

12volts said:
Warsteiner, Munster = Headache fodder.

I concur. Was over there in Munster not long back visiting me best mate. Another town/city I have gone blind in.

Wobbly is a good mistress.

Was posted over there a few years back. Simply awesome.

German beers I like are Wobbs obviously, veltins, herforder and for some reason bitburger on tap, dunno why cos it tastes like piss out of a bottle!!

Cheers N_W.

Sparky2339 said:
I like Sake but the everyday Japanese version Shochu is just as good and it doesn't cost the earth.

Worst hangover ever was on a session in the mid 80's with a few wee bottles of "Barley Wine". Anyone know if its still made?

Cheers.

Sake and Shochuu are two different things - like comparing wine with brandy! Shochuu is more refined (as in strong, not cultured!)

Barley wine is readily available, masquerading as strong beer. My favourite is Durham Brewery's 'Temptation' - 12.5% and absolutely gorgeous.

Complete and utter shameless plug.

Enville Ales

I know one of the directors, trust me its good beer especially the enville ale (honey beer) celebrated my birthday with it last friday and I'm still trying to piece the past back together. The damm'd stuff is just so drinkable.