• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The ARRSE Beer Guide.

Im blessed with a good few breweries around Oxfordshire . Oxford ales bitter is the best beer ive had full stop .Also anything by loose cannon breery in Abingdon is good , as well as stuff by west Bershire brewery .
If i can find it in bottles or if im down Cornwall way , anything by Skinners is great , my favorite being Cornish Knocker !
Bit of a thread revival, but have you tried Luxters Barn ale from the Chiltern Brewery near Henley? Used to be a Christmas ritual, get back from leave then head over there for a case or two to take home for the holidays.

Currently enjoying St Austell Proper Job whenever I can. Also delighted to see Worthington White Shield back on the supermarket shelves - when my Father took me out for my first pub crawl with my Uncle the Uncle muttered something about how I'd be on the meths by 20 if I was drinking that at 17 when he saw my rather expert twist of the bottle to get the last of the beer out & leave the yeast.

Finally I've been really pleased to discover the Thornbridge stuff in the local waitrose. Jaipur is a stand out, Chiron great and White Swan a sensible lunchtime strenght with bags of flavour.

Now waiting for the Great British Beer Festival...

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Any Arrsers going to the Birmingham Beer and Cider Festival tomorrow, Friday 30th October?

ugly

LE
I had a nice pint of Santa Swally recently!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
There's loads of decent brewers in Wales. I can heartily recommend the following:

Brecon Brewing Company
Boss Brewery
Vale of Glamorgan Brewery
Otley Brewery
Tiny Rebel Brewery
The Celt Experience

+ 1 for Boss Brewery and Tiny Rebel Brewery.

Whatever your tasebuds prefer, allow yourself a pint or two every now and then. It is one of the pleasures of life. Cheers to the new 2016! May it be more successful for all of us!

If you're ever in Brighton the Hand in Hand in Kemptown is worth a visit, Hacker-Pschorr on draught plus their own brews.
Image0535.jpg

ugly

LE
I'm seem to remember Krom that you stocked premium, original and Birrell behind your bar... I acquired a taste for the Staropramen grapefruit radler too, especially refreshing in hot weather!

I quite particularly like Sharpes Wolf Rock from supermarkets nice Ruby red beer. When up in Scotland Skye Black.
After the end of September local brewery Adnams Brewery do a Winter Old.

I quite particularly like Sharpes Wolf Rock from supermarkets nice Ruby red beer. When up in Scotland Skye Black.
After the end of September local brewery Adnams Brewery do a Winter Old.
Adnams Blackshore Stout is awesome stuff. Have you tried that?

ugly

LE
Harveys Old is back on tap at the moment!

If you happen to be on Salisbury Plain, drop by the Stonehenge brewery in Netheravon village.
12 bottles of Great Bustard, a dark, malty 4.8% of yumminess will set you back a mere £24.
The brewery is actually on the edge of one of the finest chalkstreams in UK, so as I often wade past, delicately casting my flies to tricky brown trout, the aroma of malt and hops accompanied by the regular thump of parachutes opening overhead reminds me what a wonderful world this can be.

I had Kirin Ichiban and Birra Moretti on the weekend.
Both very pleasant.
Jap beer drinkers tend to either Kirin or Asahi fans (plus the odd Sapporo loon). I prefer Asahi, and especially their Black, which is like an old-fashioned UK mild.