The ARRSE Beer Guide.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Do you have a cold room? Try a Kolsch if you get the chance. Great session beer around the grill.
I'm a Yorkshireman living in Scotland, all my rooms are cold. Not in the way you mean, though.

I'm not familiar with Koelsch, the nearest I've had is Altbier in Duesseldorf. Still working my way round pale ales, stouts and bitters before getting into continental styles.

CIMG1413e.jpg

Ah, you could probably get away with it at home then. I think only the breweries around Koln are allowed to call the style Kolsch, but there are other similar styles. Makes a great session beer if you have a few mates around.

Copper dragon, easily suppable! And I'm sat here nursing an 8.5% dark ale called 'old tom' it's georgeous !Still guiness still has the ale crown!

As I am sat here cradling a nice bottle of Wells Bombardier, I got thinking about some of the unknown beers out there that my taste buds have yet to sample.

So here it is. The place to bang up our recommendations for a good tipple.

My personal poison of choice is Theakstons. A lovely bit of kit.

So come on fellow pissheads, give the world your recommendations for a good tipple.

Lets hear your thoughts and recommendations people of ARRSE land.

Cheers N_W.
Loving this following the Best pubs thread.

I vote anything by Badger.

Also 'Waggledance' lovely stuff

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Owd Rodger. Marstons brewery I believe.

To drink it, its "Bye Bye Brain Cells I Must Leave You" Sung to a certain tune.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I quite like the stuff from either of the two breweries in Brecon (The Brecon Brewing Co and Breconshire Brewery).

The Head Brewer at BBC was the Head Brewer at Breconshire, and he does know his stuff.

Getting hold of the BBC beers can be a bit hit and miss as Buster doesn't have a brewery tap yet. Closest pub to Brecon that I know does BBC beers is the Tai'r Bull in Libanus. So if you're at Dering Lines or SENTA and fancy a decent pint and don't mind a bit of a jaunt to get it, that's where to go.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I quite like the stuff from either of the two breweries in Brecon (The Brecon Brewing Co and Breconshire Brewery).

The Head Brewer at BBC was the Head Brewer at Breconshire, and he does know his stuff.

Getting hold of the BBC beers can be a bit hit and miss as Buster doesn't have a brewery tap yet. Closest pub to Brecon that I know does BBC beers is the Tai'r Bull in Libanus. So if you're at Dering Lines or SENTA and fancy a decent pint and don't mind a bit of a jaunt to get it, that's where to go.

Bank top brewery Bolton is worth a sample cracking beers ;-)

azimghur1990

Old-Salt

20 litres of any of the bbc stuff for less than £50
Brecon Brewing |

Morlands (now Green King) Speckled Hen
Anything from Brakspears, Ringwood, Exmoor or Hook Norton
and if you don't mind a chemical warfare headache, Brains SA

hungryhippo

Old-Salt
Yorkshire Terrier bitter almost makes up for being in 'God's Own' (!) country.
Rhymney does the same for Wales.

I am a big fan of Badger Brewery myself. My recommendations are Poacher's Choice, Golden Glory and Golden Champion. mmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Love Badgers Bollocks. But Golden Champion is my favourite

Cronx Entire Porter. 5.2%. Brewed in New Addington, just outside Croydon. A lovely smoky malty porter with a good coffee finish. And just £2.49p a pint!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Pantsoff

War Hero

Latest Threads