The ARRSE Beer Guide.

#1
As I am sat here cradling a nice bottle of Wells Bombardier, I got thinking about some of the unknown beers out there that my taste buds have yet to sample.

So here it is. The place to bang up our recommendations for a good tipple.

My personal poison of choice is Theakstons. A lovely bit of kit.

So come on fellow pissheads, give the world your recommendations for a good tipple.

Lets hear your thoughts and recommendations people of ARRSE land.


Cheers N_W.
 
#2
Well Northern Warrior why not try a "Mean Gruntle" more properly called a Greenmatle Ale.

You can have lots of fun this summer by checking out your local supermarket and trying out all the range of bottled beers - there's hundreds!!!!!

Just dinny test them in there - they dinny like that :D
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#3
northern_warrior said:
My personal poison of choice is Theakstons. A lovely bit of kit.

So come on fellow pissheads, give the world your recommendations for a good tipple.

Lets hear your thoughts and recommendations people of ARRSE land.


Cheers N_W.
Prefer the other brewery in Masham.
Black Sheep.
 
#5
oldbaldy said:
northern_warrior said:
My personal poison of choice is Theakstons. A lovely bit of kit.

So come on fellow pissheads, give the world your recommendations for a good tipple.

Lets hear your thoughts and recommendations people of ARRSE land.


Cheers N_W.
Prefer the other brewery in Masham.
Black Sheep.
Yea, I do like the black sheep oldbaldy, but have a serious addiction to Theakstons XB.....Tis nectar.

sparky2339 said:
You can have lots of fun this summer by checking out your local supermarket and trying out all the range of bottled beers - there's hundreds!!!!!

Just dinny test them in there - they dinny like that
Especially in that big asda next to the corn exchange :wink:

Cheers N_W.
 
#6
I am a big fan of Badger Brewery myself. My recommendations are Poacher's Choice, Golden Glory and Golden Champion. mmmmmmmmmmmm...........
 
#7
Draught or bottled?

Draught: Fullers London Pride and Youngs Special are very nice beers daahn Sarf. Theakstons XB or anything by Jennings oop North is good, especially some of their seasonal brews. Archers of Swindon is a good brewery. Brains SA from the Principality... Lots of the small breweries do some cracking stuff. Nothing from Scotland!

Bottled: where do I start? Worthington White Shield is bloody nice. Wells Banana Bread beer is an acquired taste but I like it. Some of the Hobgoblin stuff ...

The Co-op is a good beer merchant and its own bottled beers (e.g. Freeminer and their Organic one) are good.


When it comes down toit it depends what mood I'm in. But its always nice thinking about it.
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#8
#12
Shweik you've never lived old boy!!!!

Heather Ale mmmmmmmm forgot about that one.

Yeah Northern dinny try it in that one near the Corn Exchange pmsl - thats if you can get near the beer for aw the chavs fighting over the white star cider section :D

Cheapest beer though - draught in many forms - is £1.50 in the Abbot on site at Chicksands. Before 7pm its only a £ - no need to head into town.

Fab!!! :D
 
#14
oldbaldy said:
schweik said:
Nothing from Scotland!

.
Have a try of this:
Heather ale
God, that stuff's 'orrible!!

My favourite beers:

Young's Oatmeal Stout
Thornbridge Jaipur (IPA)
Fuller's London Porter
Kelham Island - Easy Rider (Golden Ale)
Abbeydale Black Mass (Stout, 6.66%!)
Marston's Single Malt (Malted Brown Ale)
Badger Golden Champion (Golden Ale) (certainly not Golden Glory, urgh, far too sweet and flowery)
Chimay Bleu (Belgian, I know, but so good!)
Timothy Taylor's Landlord (Bitter, but only if its on tap - the bottles taste of piss)
Shepherd Neame Bishop's Finger (populist but still tasty Ruby Red Ale)
 
#17
Bloody hell Baldy,
Black Sheep Rigwelter, upstairs in the brewery bar at Masham...... The food at the Crown in Grewelthorpe.... the butchers that sell incredible pies . Oh,
and the cheese shop....
 
#18
whatnow? said:
Kopparbergs(swedish pear cider ..awesome!)
Tried this and seriously did not like it. However I tried the mixed fruit Kopparberg on Friday ...WOW!!

Now that is shit hot......Like crazy cherryade .....Ideal gear for a summers day. The only drama being you could smash about a dozen of them in and then yer legs fail to work properly.


Cheers N_W.
 
#19
northern_warrior said:
As I am sat here cradling a nice bottle of Wells Bombardier, I got thinking about some of the unknown beers out there that my taste buds have yet to sample.

So here it is. The place to bang up our recommendations for a good tipple.

My personal poison of choice is Theakstons. A lovely bit of kit.

So come on fellow pissheads, give the world your recommendations for a good tipple.

Lets hear your thoughts and recommendations people of ARRSE land.


Cheers N_W.
Theakstons best or old peculiar?
i like the occasional pint of Cripple Dick, Spitfire, Monks Finger, Speckeled Hen if there is no heavy to be had
 
#20
padrat said:
Theakstons best or old peculiar?
Theakstons Best for daily use :D

I do like old peculiar, but a session on that stuff would cripple you.

XB is awesome also.


Cheers N_W.

p.s. Gents, not just a Beer thread (maybe should have called it the tipple thread!!), all thoughts welcome. My liver thanks you in advance :D
 

Similar threads