The Army We [The US] Have

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by msr, May 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Some of that is pretty bizarre.....actually a LOT of that is pretty bizarre.
  3. Really ? I thought it was pretty straightforward. Nothing new or suprising.
  4. When we say 'all volunteer force' are we talking about the US force or the obligatory add on UK force? Either way, its not just the basic training that is being forced to change, but the whole attitude of the field force - how many people do you know who have been accused of bullying the newly arrived soldier from an ATR when the reality is they are giving a bit of a nudge in the right direction that should have come from basic training!
  5. Thats the potential problem.. if it starts to go too far one way (the soft way imo), it will mean constant complaints about trivial things (eg 'He swore at me..!'). That means training is longer, control is lessened and discipline drops.. after all how many 19yos are going to give a toss what the RSM says, if they know that all they have to do is open their mouth and say they feel discriminated.

The army is starting to change from being a 'way of life' into a 'way of civvy life with a rifle'.
  6. You mean we are going to convert the Army into a bigger RAF?
  7. I always thought I'd look better in blue and I fancy ten pin bowling facilities on camp!

Although we moan about the standards of training, whether it be ATR or even RMAS, there is no disputing the fact that on the ground the youngsters are doing the job.
  8. And the not so young :roll:
  9. Spot on!
  10. The first bit sounds like a Nuremburg Rally!

Truly awful pseudo-pagan ritual - replete with burning torches and symbolism.

No wonder some of these guys want to shoot anything that moves (or doesn't)