the army redundancy tranches

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by soulhunter100, Apr 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. when are all the army redundancy tranches date wise

• Like Like x 1
  2. They are already. The DIN is out and all COs have the names. Briefings to those involved are already taking place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So whats the second tranche date?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Second Tranche names out early Oct 11

• Like Like x 1
  5. Incorrect. The DIN for Tranche 2 listing the redundancy fields will be published on 01 Sep, with the results of those selected (approx 2200 from the Army) published end Feb 12. As with Tranche 1, volunteers will get 6 months from end Feb or 12 months if a non-volunteer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Getting selected for Tranch 2 would leave me going at Feb 13, after 18 months in the rank I am shortly to take up-I know that you need 2 years in rank for full benefit (AFPS 75) but does a shorter period attract a pro rata uplift over the previous rank's pension or is it all or nothing?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think you need 2 reports in a substantive rank before you can be selected.

There is a redundancy calculator which would give you an idea of your entotlements. I think it is on armynet

• Like Like x 1
  8. The calculator assumes you have 2 years in rank, but the point about 2 reports might be valid-we'll see what comes out of the list in september.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I've heard a rumour (great, isn't it!) that tranche 2 field is likely to be pushed back until Spring 12 with the selection then pushed back into autumn 12. Anyone heard anything similar?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not heard that one? The original plan was to have 3 redundancy tranches to get rid of 7000, however due to the additional 5000 announced a couple of days ago there may be a plan to add another tranche (tranche 4)? They may however just get rid of more in tranche 2 & 3. As I understand it the names of those selected for tranche one redundancy will be announced on 1 Sep 11. The redundancy fields for tranche 2 will be announced on 1 Oct (i.e trade, ranks etc). Those selected for tranche 2 will be announced on 1 Apr 12, with volunteers leaving 1 Oct 12 & non-volunteers leaving 1 Apr 13 respectively. Expect the next 'cull' to be a lot bigger than the 2200 originally planned............ Anyone like to have a guess at which cap badges thay will be targeting?