The Army General Knowledge Quiz

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Subs, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An idea to get this forum moving a bit more.

The idea is I'll start off with a question. Someone answers, then asks their own question. Seeing as general knowledge of the armed forces is important (after all, you wouldn't take a job with a company if you knew diddly squat about them) then hopefully people will enjoy this, and learn a few things in the process.

I suggest starting of with easy, rather bone questions before moving onto harder stuff. As everyone will be at different stages of revision.

Question 1:

Where is the Commissioning Course conducted, and how many weeks long is it?

2. 44 weeks at RMA Sandhurst

Question 2:

How many terms are in the commissioning course?

3. Answer:3

Question3: On a scale of 1 - 10, how bone is this thread when compared to reading DINs from 1998-99?

Edit: Ok, a bit mean spirited considering the location of the thread.

Question 3: Number of Javelin missiles carried per infantry platoon (light role)?

4. Answer: 10.

Question: What does the acronym TARDIS stand for?

5. Time and Relative Dimension in Space?

Or TA Readily Deployable In Shitholes

Q. What does (or did) the acronym FOFAD stand for. (one for the old and bold)

6. **** Off Fire At Donnington?

7. Answer. F*ck Off Fire At Donnington.

Question: What does TOW (aviation type) stand for

8. Tube launched Optical tracking Wire guided missile? Is it different from the ground version ...?

Q: What was a flying pig ?

Clue: Not the kind you see when told that "vital kit will be issued in the field" ...

9. Answer; Modified APC used in NI, had 'paddy wings' fitted for crowd control.

Question; Dims of a full battle trench?

10. Corrrrrrrrrrrrect!

Actually got those very words from the CQM. I was a cadet at the time and consequently had to walk around with a Jersey HW with a dinner plate sized hole on the back for 2 years after that one! :oops:

11. ahh well, missed my chance now.

12. Question 11 : What does PUFO mean?

13. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Pack Up F,,,k Off

12, what does G.R.I.T mean

14. That there are 3 large oranges in front of the building or other structure.

Deffo.

15. Group
    Range
    Indication
    Type of fire

What does C.L.A.P stand for