The Army General Knowledge Quiz

An idea to get this forum moving a bit more.

The idea is I'll start off with a question. Someone answers, then asks their own question. Seeing as general knowledge of the armed forces is important (after all, you wouldn't take a job with a company if you knew diddly squat about them) then hopefully people will enjoy this, and learn a few things in the process.

I suggest starting of with easy, rather bone questions before moving onto harder stuff. As everyone will be at different stages of revision.

Question 1:

Where is the Commissioning Course conducted, and how many weeks long is it?

Answer:3

Question3: On a scale of 1 - 10, how bone is this thread when compared to reading DINs from 1998-99?

Edit: Ok, a bit mean spirited considering the location of the thread.

Question 3: Number of Javelin missiles carried per infantry platoon (light role)?

Answer: 10.

Question: What does the acronym TARDIS stand for?

**** Off Fire At Donnington?

Tube launched Optical tracking Wire guided missile? Is it different from the ground version ...?

Q: What was a flying pig ?

Clue: Not the kind you see when told that "vital kit will be issued in the field" ...

Answer; Modified APC used in NI, had 'paddy wings' fitted for crowd control.

Question; Dims of a full battle trench?

ahh well, missed my chance now.

roadster280 said:
Question: What is the meaning of 3 large orange circles in a straight line on a building or other structure?
That there are 3 large oranges in front of the building or other structure.

Deffo.

roadster280 said:
Outstanding Question:

What is the meaning of 3 large orange circles in a straight line on a building or other structure? (Nothing to do with fruit!)
Protection of civilian persons and populations in time of war

How many L designated issued, production variants of the IW (or SA80, if you like)weapon system are there/have there been since its introduction?

a)6
b)7
c)8
d)9

Bonus: Can you list/name them?

Latest Threads