The Army General Knowledge Quiz

Subs

Clanker
An idea to get this forum moving a bit more.

The idea is I'll start off with a question. Someone answers, then asks their own question. Seeing as general knowledge of the armed forces is important (after all, you wouldn't take a job with a company if you knew diddly squat about them) then hopefully people will enjoy this, and learn a few things in the process.

I suggest starting of with easy, rather bone questions before moving onto harder stuff. As everyone will be at different stages of revision.

Question 1:

Where is the Commissioning Course conducted, and how many weeks long is it?

Dread

LE
Answer:3

Question3: On a scale of 1 - 10, how bone is this thread when compared to reading DINs from 1998-99?

Edit: Ok, a bit mean spirited considering the location of the thread.

Question 3: Number of Javelin missiles carried per infantry platoon (light role)?

Answer: 10.

Question: What does the acronym TARDIS stand for?

Lampard

War Hero
**** Off Fire At Donnington?

Old_Reprobate

Old-Salt
Tube launched Optical tracking Wire guided missile? Is it different from the ground version ...?

Q: What was a flying pig ?

Clue: Not the kind you see when told that "vital kit will be issued in the field" ...

Answer; Modified APC used in NI, had 'paddy wings' fitted for crowd control.

Question; Dims of a full battle trench?

Lampard said:
* Off Fire At Donnington?
Corrrrrrrrrrrrect!

Actually got those very words from the CQM. I was a cadet at the time and consequently had to walk around with a Jersey HW with a dinner plate sized hole on the back for 2 years after that one! :oops:

Lampard

War Hero
ahh well, missed my chance now.

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
roadster280 said:
Question: What is the meaning of 3 large orange circles in a straight line on a building or other structure?

That there are 3 large oranges in front of the building or other structure.

Deffo.

willowsafc81

Old-Salt
roadster280 said:
Outstanding Question:

What is the meaning of 3 large orange circles in a straight line on a building or other structure? (Nothing to do with fruit!)

Protection of civilian persons and populations in time of war

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Clear lound and Pause,s

Rear eheclon Mother F,,,,

blx late on that

How many L designated issued, production variants of the IW (or SA80, if you like)weapon system are there/have there been since its introduction?

a)6
b)7
c)8
d)9

Bonus: Can you list/name them?

Latest Threads