The Army Cognitive Tests (Screener)

Hi there.
I have now got to a point in my application where i have been sent the Army Cognitive Test (screener). I was wondering how important this was, whether i need to do any prep before i complete it. If i am going to be honest, i though this was conducted in the careers office like the BARB test used to so i'm a bit confused as to why i need to complete it at home...
Thank for any advice in advance.

ScooterDog

Swinger
Hi there.
I have now got to a point in my application where i have been sent the Army Cognitive Test (screener). I was wondering how important this was, whether i need to do any prep before i complete it. If i am going to be honest, i though this was conducted in the careers office like the BARB test used to so i'm a bit confused as to why i need to complete it at home...
Thank for any advice in advance.
Unlike the rude person above me, who should have offered a link.

Try here Army Cognitive Test

Unlike the rude person above me, who should have offered a link.
If the OP doesn’t have sufficient cognitive prowess to locate a heavily discussed topic using a simple search tool, then I’m sure, ironically, he stands little chance of being successful with a cognitive test.

Nothing to do with being rude, just another pointless thread that has been answered umpteen times.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
If the OP doesn’t have sufficient cognitive prowess to locate a heavily discussed topic using a simple search tool, then I’m sure, ironically, he stands little chance of being successful with a cognitive test.

Nothing to do with being rude, just another pointless thread that has been answered umpteen times.
Wrong.

I agree with with the scooter dog.

Try and be more helpful. Some people come to this site for simple advice and they may not be as advanced as your 9 months on site.

Stating shite like "sufficient cognitive prowess." just shows you up as weak.

Wrong.

I agree with with the scooter dog.

Try and be more helpful. Some people come to this site for simple advice and they may not be as advanced as your 9 months on site.

Stating shite like "sufficient cognitive prowess." just shows you up as weak.
I don’t care what you agree with. You’re one person on a site.

The search function exists for a reason. I’ve seen plenty of other users get shit for not using it and I’m reminding OP to do the same.
I’m tired of getting notifications and emails asking me to answer questions that have been answered a million times.

If you want to teach, you do not provide the answer, but the way to get to that answer.

How does that show me up as weak, exactly? Or is that just a bullshite conclusion you’ve just pulled out of a deep orifice?

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Do cavalry officers have to understand this sort of thing ??

Arte_et_Marte

ADC

The search function exists for a reason. I’ve seen plenty of other users get shit for not using it and I’m reminding OP to do the same.
I’m tired of getting notifications and emails asking me to answer questions that have been answered a million times.

If you want to teach, you do not provide the answer, but the way to get to that answer.

How does that show me up as weak, exactly? Or is that just a bullshite conclusion you’ve just pulled out of a deep orifice?
Wow!

The search function exists for a reason.
Since when have you been jarrod?

The search function exists for a reason. I’ve seen plenty of other users get shit for not using it
Guess what advice I have given those unhelpful users?

I’m tired of getting notifications and emails asking me to answer questions that have been answered a million times
You’re getting tired of emails asking for advice? Really? Post them here, let me see, or are you talking out your arrse? Do you have any idea of how many emails/IM’s I get a day as a moderator? No, you don’t but it is in excess of 30.

Soz, I never spotted your avatar showing that you are now an arrse instructor. Oh. Hang on. You’re not.

You are a weak bully, gobbing off like you have been here years. What is wrong with just being helpful, supplying a link and moving on?

You are now marked down as a weak rude bully and I look forward to sending you into hyperspace with a trail of RoPs sparkling behind you, as you whinge and moan (and bully) your way into obscurity.

Get some time in on the site before you even think of bullying a moderator.

I’m with the OP here: how can these tests be done at home online? Couldn’t anyone do these? And in a world of online essay writing for degrees is this wise?
It is 30 years ago this year when I sat my aptitude tests but pencil and paper in a room while the sergeant smoked a fag and had a brew outside wasn’t that bad.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs

Opps, silly man

JNM

War Hero
I’m with the OP here: how can these tests be done at home online? Couldn’t anyone do these? And in a world of online essay writing for degrees is this wise?
It is 30 years ago this year when I sat my aptitude tests but pencil and paper in a room while the sergeant smoked a fag and had a brew outside wasn’t that bad.
The ACT is literally just a timed test on the computer now though it’s easy to just send a link to the test and have them do it

The ACT is literally just a timed test on the computer now though it’s easy to just send a link to the test and have them do it
Sorry JNM, you’ll have to run that by me again. You can send a link to the test and they will do it? I don’t get it.

JNM

War Hero
Sorry JNM, you’ll have to run that by me again. You can send a link to the test and they will do it? I don’t get it.
They send a practice one to you which is a link. The real one at the assessment centre is on their own machines

They send a practice one to you which is a link. The real one at the assessment centre is on their own machines
Roger. Makes more sense. I turned up to my cognitive tests (see above) and at least one lad was told by the recruiting sergeant to put his pen down and not waste any more time hopelessly failing.

JNM

War Hero
Roger. Makes more sense. I turned up to my cognitive tests (see above) and at least one lad was told by the recruiting sergeant to put his pen down and not waste any more time hopelessly failing.
Can’t decide if that’s just cruel or not. Unsure how you fail it though

Latest Threads