The Army and SIS

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Recru, Jan 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've decided to join the army. I'll firstly go to Welbeck defence school if I get a place there. and then go on to train as an officer to the army.

My question is once I'm in the army as an officer or training for it what other bigger places could I get to like SIS, MI5 and SAS?

And when would those bigger roles recruit someone if they are good enough? Once I'm in the army as an officer, at Welbeck school or when I'm training to become an officer?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything I'm new here. Thanks.
  2. If you want to work for MI5, or the SIS, then go to their website and apply. The pay is cr@p though.
  3. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Bless! Let the slagging off comence.....

(Any info concerning your question will be woefully out of date by the time you're old enough to do any of it! Just enjoy your childhood, get your exams done and look forward to sex with someone else rather than just with yourself...)
  4. I knew I could do that but I wanted to do it through the army. I also know I could just get a good degree in oxford so don't mention that please.
  5. enjoy my childhood? I'm 17 going to university soon.
  6. PM KGB Resident,I'm sure he'd be delighted to assist you.
  7. I think you have been watching to many bond films or spooks. as my colleague mentioned you can apply direct through the websites.

have fun at uni shag loads of totty and think about applying when you have some life skills.

sorry to sound harsh but these are the facts.
  8. So you wouldnt be going to Welbeck 6th Form College would you? If entering as a University graduate you are more likely to go straight to Sandhurst. As others have mentioned MI5 etc now recruit through their websites, so try the careers section (any one else worried by that given the gobment and associated departments record with personal details - or is this more intel gathering?).

If you're going to a uni which has one try to join the OTC, should give you an idea of what to expect (sort of) or a local TA unit, again will give you some experience and help you decide if joining the Army might suit you while you complete your studies.

And at 17 you are still a child, cant drink cant vote = child.
  9. Walt,
    If you want to work in Hereford (SAS), dont go to welbeck. Very few Welbexians go to the infantry, who provide (far more than) the lions share of SAS officers.
    You should aim to get through Sandhurst and have 4ish good years in an infantry battalion before considering these other government agencies.
  10. If you're 17 shouldn't you already be at sixth form college? You are a Wah and I claim my £5.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gah I know all of this. First I really don't want to have sex with loads of girls when I go to university!

Once I've joined the army as an officer and served for a few years I'm sure I'd have some life skills.

All I want to know is how they might recruit you through the army.
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Yep, you're still a child. You have no responsibilities (other than to pass your A Levels), your lifeskills are going to have been honed in your youth club and lower sixth debating society.

Get out, get a job (even if it's in Maccy Dees), go to Uni, work hard and play hard, and then think about what you want to do with your life.

The University Milk Round might just skew your work/life choices once you are 21.
  13. No I shouldent In. At my school they already have sixth form which I'm in. Times have changed.. After sixth form is university if you didnt know.
  14. wah you dont want sex with loads of girls??? are you a arrsebandit or something? this and asking silly questions like "how do i become a spy when i grow up" are not traits that an officer or soldier would display.

Why dont you try the Womens Royal Ballon Corps
  15. on
    ?????????????????????????? :roll: