The Archers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Rockhopperst4, May 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any fans of the Archers on here?

Two questions then, I'm off to the Falklands soon and Afghanistan later on this year - will i be able to listen to it my favourite show and if so do i need to buy a world band radio or is there a better way of doing it?
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You can get the Archers via podcast in one weekly update, but you may not be able to download it outside of the UK due to licensing.

The best bet would be to get someone in the UK to download it and email it to you. You don't need an iPod, just iTunes set up on your laptop.
  3. It's an mp3 file so you can play it on windows media player or even a personal mp3 player.
  4. Cheers Guys, I hadn't thought of getting someone to email it over to me! I download the podcast over here anyhow becasue I'm never near a radio when it on.
  5. can you not listen to the BBC iPlayer every day on the internet? Chums of mine do that in France.
  6. While you are away you'll need to know the story line. This is it :-

All women in Ambridge are long suffering, hard working saints who have peculiar names like Usha and Shula. They are the pillars of the rural community and never swear.

All men are thick bastards. They don't swear either.

There, that should see you for 12 months worth of episodes while you are away.
  7. They're in the 21st century now, they've got their very own 'I'm the only gay in the village' albeit she is a split-arse.
  8. Oooh nooooh ah nearly forgot ..........
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

AFAIK You can listen to radio stations on I player world wide it's t.v. you can't get outside the U.K.
  10. no they haven't - there is a gay male couple, a chef and a farmer
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Is that four separate people, making five in total, or just two making three :?
  12. Thank you Roooooth
  13. I had this trouble on H9, I wrote a lovely letter to head of radio 4 and she sent me every episode out on CD, jolly sporting of her, wouldnt you say. I would definitly give this line a try.