The Archaeology Thread

2H7YJ1B.jpeg

Admit it; you want to visit.

Bring binos.

What a useless waste of time and presumably money. The late 'CC-Mater' wanted to go, so I took her. I've boxes of 35mm snaps at various plants, art works, etc. they can have them for free.

From the article
'Dr Brophy said: "We are hoping that as we get to the bottom of the deposits there over the next few days we might find some 1987 coins and some other goodies that were thrown in by visitors to the festival."'

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer

What a useless waste of time and presumably money. The late 'CC-Mater' wanted to go, so I took her. I've boxes of 35mm snaps at various plants, art works, etc. they can have them for free.

From the article
'Dr Brophy said: "We are hoping that as we get to the bottom of the deposits there over the next few days we might find some 1987 coins and some other goodies that were thrown in by visitors to the festival."'
I concur, when you think of the amount of unexcavated sites all over the country from the Neolithic up to the Roman occupation that are crying out to be studied and can't get the funding.

Back in the day when you couldn't photocopy it. You had to trace round it with a hammer and chisel. That showed some commitment. And Secundinus is still a sh***er.
Whoever sculpted the remark must have been particularly constipated. Boghouse art usually seems to be the product of a quick dump between pints of IPA (mind you, one masterpiece seen at an old cavalry barracks in Aldershot long ago clearly took many repeat visits, or the artist was a trained medic of some sort. The anatomical detail was skilled and precise. How (and why) he did it while taking his dump is a mystery). I wrote a detailed letter about it to the Spectator decades ago, and they published it in full.

Hey, this is the 'archaeology' thread.

The-hippie

Clanker

Not sure if the link will work.

This is a dig I was involved in last summer.
I've never served but Services Archaeology and Heritage Association work with anyone.

Over the last four years or so, I've met the PR gaffer from Mind, a serving Brigadier, done TV & newspaper interviews.
It takes me from moping with Borderline personality disorder to 'normal'.
The core of Der management -hom-hoh is a serving army medic, ex Coldstream, Rifles, RAMC, RAAF etc.

Not sure if the link will work.

This is a dig I was involved in last summer.
I've never served but Services Archaeology and Heritage Association work with anyone.

Over the last four years or so, I've met the PR gaffer from Mind, a serving Brigadier, done TV & newspaper interviews.
It takes me from moping with Borderline personality disorder to 'normal'.
The core of Der management -hom-hoh is a serving army medic, ex Coldstream, Rifles, RAMC, RAAF etc.

Love it; can't do it as cos it's me knees, like. What I couldn't handle would be some plank walking around instructing people - in a loud, PE teacher's tone - to drink water; more water, now! I'd demand beer of him.

The-hippie

Clanker
Love it; can't do it as cos it's me knees, like. What I couldn't handle would be some plank walking around instructing people - in a loud, PE teacher's tone - to drink water; more water, now! I'd demand beer of him.

I've got a fucked knee but too young for a full replacement by 30 years & haven't been able to kneel down on that leg since I was about 12. One of the lads interviewed lost one leg to a motorbike (I like my landrovers but I'd never stoop that low in a divorce) he's waiting for the other off.
The shouty school teacher was a school teacher before he joined the Army (RAMC medic) about 22 years ago (I'll not say anything more for PERSEC).

Seriously though, archaeology is better than any meds I've been prescribed, I'm no Walt or from a military background bar an uncle who was RAF Regt .

I'd honestly recommend any archaeology as therapy if you can get on a dig without having to pay them £50 + / day as a Labrador.