The Apprentice - Series Three

#1
Candidates have been announced:-


http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/small-business/article.html?in_article_id=418600&in_page_id=10



With Sir Alan Sugar are, left to right, from top:


Tre Azam, 27, from, Loughton, marketing consultant, says the show will pit him 'against some of the best in the country'.

Katie Hopkins, 31, from Exeter, brand consultant and single mother of two, sponsored through university by Sandhurst.

Kristina Grimes, 36, from Harrogate, pharmaceutical sales manager. A single mother, she says: 'Sir Alan is an inspiration.'

Rory Laing, 27, from Bristol, had three firms before going bankrupt.

Lohit Kalburgi, 25, from London, a telecoms manager. He wants to be seen 'as the nice guy'.

Adam Hosker, 27, from Lincolnshire, a car sales manager, whose confidence 'can become arrogance'.

Natalie Wood, 29, from Upminster, a mother of two and former competitive swimmer. She says: 'I like how Sir Alan is with people.'

Paul Callaghan, 27, from Southampton, served in Iraq. He says: 'My leadership qualities are definite strengths.'

Jadine Johnson, 27, from Harrow, a financial adviser. The single mother says: 'This is my chance to give my daughter a real life.'

Gerri Blackwood, 33, from Woking, a transport manager who gave up a new job at MI5 to appear.

Dr Sophie Kain, 32, from Llanellen, Wales, physics graduate and research scientist for an aviation firm.

Ifti Chaudhri, 33, from Egham, Surrey, ex-police officer, owns a tile business.

Andy Jackson, 36, from Kirriemuir, Scotland, trades in cars and on eBay.

Ghazal Asif, 23, from Glasgow, a business development manager. She can speak five languages.

Naomi Lay, 26, from Vauxhall, worked her way from PA to advertising sales team manager. She is 'loud, motivated and fun'.

Simon Ambrose, 27, from Clapham, an internet entrepreneur since he lost a banking job, says: 'My dad bought me an Amstrad PC when I was six.'


Anyone know this Paul Callaghan chap? Ex-infantry Lt. apparently.

This was the best prog on the telly last year, starts next Wednesday...cant wait!
 
#2
Obviously wasn't much cop if he's now appearing on this as a civvy and still only 27 - whipper snapper. With all respect to those medic'd out for what ever reason of course. Agree, good TV viewing, but wrong time of year - evenings lighter etc - should be out & about keeping fit and healthy - not wedged in armchair! Taking bets on who'll win? Two look remarkably familiar to the Badger and that other one (who won last year).
 
#3
Pimms_oclock said:
Obviously wasn't much cop if he's now appearing on this as a civvy and still only 27 - whipper snapper. With all respect to those medic'd out for what ever reason of course. Agree, good TV viewing, but wrong time of year - evenings lighter etc - should be out & about keeping fit and healthy - not wedged in armchair! Taking bets on who'll win? Two look remarkably familiar to the Badger and that other one (who won last year).
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Making stupid comments like that I'll bet you're a great bloke. What a tool.
 
#4
Paul worked for me for 6 months and left my firm just a couple of weeks ago. Just because he didn't choose to make a career out of the army does not imply he could not have if he had wanted to. Knowing him I am sure he would have done just fine had he wanted to make a career out of it, but he chose not to as many (actually the vast majority) of officers and soldiers do.
It is, at the end of the day, a reality TV show. How he gets portrayed will be partly down to editting, but take it from me he is a capable chap and will do just fine whatever the outcome.
Don't bother asking me what I know about the series (which they finished filming some time ago). Paul is sworn to secrecy (for now) or suffers a financial penalty and despite the usual interogation techniques being employed on him I know very little...a bit, but I'm not going to share it.
Incedentally he was Reg Artillery and now serves as a TA REME officer (He is part of REME's parachute display team see www.jumpreme.com) and I am very sad to have lost him as an employee.
 
#5
GwaiLo said:
Paul worked for me for 6 months and left my firm just a couple of weeks ago. Just because he didn't choose to make a career out of the army does not imply he could not have if he had wanted to. Knowing him I am sure he would have done just fine had he wanted to make a career out of it, but he chose not to as many (actually the vast majority) of officers and soldiers do.
It is, at the end of the day, a reality TV show. How he gets portrayed will be partly down to editting, but take it from me he is a capable chap and will do just fine whatever the outcome.
Don't bother asking me what I know about the series (which they finished filming some time ago). Paul is sworn to secrecy (for now) or suffers a financial penalty and despite the usual interogation techniques being employed on him I know very little...a bit, but I'm not going to share it.
Incedentally he was Reg Artillery and now serves as a TA REME officer (He is part of REME's parachute display team see www.jumpreme.com) and I am very sad to have lost him as an employee.
GwaiLo, thanks for getting that in.
 
#6
#7
(He is part of REME's parachute display team see

Must be hard as nails then. Jumping out of a plane, opening your chute to find its still full of spanners, again.
 
#8
Should make good viewing, they normally do. Last year though, that Jo girl really done my fkn head in.

BT.
 
#11
He was in the Gunners, commissioned in Dec 2002. Served with 26 Regt RA then 3 RHA, then left under a bit of a cloud. Wont add any more than that!
 
#14
Paul Callaghan was sacked from the Army so I doubt he will last very long with big Al. His wasn't granted an extension for his short service commision so he was booted out at his 3 year point - hence why he was only an Lt. He was sacked from Basrah due to a number of fcuk ups. He once sent his BC to the grid of the IED rather than the ICP! A nice enough bloke but didn't have a clue when it came to commanding sodiers. An Army HR expert he aint!
 
#15
manontheground said:
Paul Callaghan was sacked from the Army so I doubt he will last very long with big Al. His wasn't granted an extension for his short service commision so he was booted out at his 3 year point - hence why he was only an Lt. He was sacked from Basrah due to a number of fcuk ups. He once sent his BC to the grid of the IED rather than the ICP! A nice enough bloke but didn't have a clue when it came to commanding sodiers. An Army HR expert he aint!
So he was trying to speed up his promotion then? Are you sure it was a mistake on his part? :wink:
 
#19
He wasn't exactly sacked, but something like (as pointed out by manontheground), refused extension of commission and not recommended promotion - so basically eased out.

I served with him and he was a "nice enough bloke" but had a few clashes with seniors (personality clashes?) incl IED incident (which wasn't straightforward either) and perhaps wasn't cut out for it.

Interesting how his candidate profile bigs up the wrong things perhaps, but then if you do a degree then Sandhurst, then 3 years in and you're only 27, you don't get much time for other experiences!

Fair play to him for doing so well (?) so soon after leaving. Must get a fair wedge for doing the program and any follow ups.
 

Similar threads

Top