The Apprentice - Paul Callaghan?

Thought I recognised this chap:

Paul Callaghan
Age 27
Career Ex-Army Lieutenant
Qualifications Bsc Engineering Physics
Home Town Southampton

"My lack of commercial experience might be a weakness but my leadership and organisational qualities are definite strengths."

Graduating from the rigorous Sandhurst Royal Military Academy which encompassed command leadership and management training, he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army and was in charge of recruiting potential officers into the Royal Artillery. He was posted to Iraq as Infantry Commander and spent six months serving in Basra. His time in the military has taught him cool, calm and collected leadership and he has no time for dillydallying. First job was selling jumpers on his parents market stall. A real smooth player his hobbies include sky diving, polo, skiing and yachting and his biggest fear is being eaten by a shark.
Will he make it?

Drop_Short said:

Paul Callaghan
Age 27
Home Town Southampton

"My lack of commercial experience might be a weakness but my leadership and organisational qualities are definite strengths."

Graduating from the rigorous Sandhurst Royal Military Academy which encompassed command leadership and management training, he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army and was in charge of recruiting potential officers into the Royal Artillery. He was posted to Iraq as Infantry Commander and spent six months serving in Basra. His time in the military has taught him cool, calm and collected leadership and he has no time for dillydallying. First job was selling jumpers on his parents market stall. A real smooth player his hobbies include sky diving, polo, skiing and yachting and his biggest fear is being eaten by a shark.
Will he make it?
Well, he survived the first cut of Sir Alan....! He didn't survive the Army though!

Litotes

Litotes said:
Drop_Short said:

Paul Callaghan
Age 27
Home Town Southampton

Will he make it?
Well, he survived the first cut of Sir Alan....! He didn't survive the Army though!

Litotes
Feck me! The guy has only done one tour does that make him a veteran? I am astounded by the number of gobbie mess members (where I serve) who claim this and that yet wear 3-4 minitures only.

One feckin tour and an officer for a litttle while; everyone makes mistakes why is anyone trying to claim him yet?

Slightly embellished career profile for the guy, but I suppose the PR folks will add "spin" to the truth.

Some interest might be drawn from the fact that he only made Lt and no higher...

Nice guy, not necessarily Army material, but maybe he can bluff Sir Alan?

Graduating from Sandhurst .... he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army and was in charge of recruiting potential officers into the Royal Artillery.
Lots of responsibility at an early stage. Can this be true?

He was certainly easy to spot ... the Army issue striped shirt was a dead giveaway. :wink:

As he's our only representative on this show perhaps we should be getting behind him?

Like I said, slightly embellished. It say something vaguely along those lines in our job profiles, but no-one would seriously list it as their profession or post.

Is every Tp Comd in the RA a HR and Resource Manager? Hmmm...

blue_sophist said:

He was certainly easy to spot ... the Army issue striped shirt was a dead giveaway. :wink:

The standard phrase of "why don't you DRESS outside and have a chat" also made me think what a pillock

Crazy_Legs said:
DontMentionTheWar said:
As he's our only representative on this show ...
Oh no he's not!!! I was at Sanbags with one of the others!
Ace! Is it one of the hot female ones? :?

The chick from Sandbags looks better with her hair down, hubba hubba, for 'single mother' replace with 'goes like a runaway train' (in my twisted imagination)

Can one of the Mods move this to the current affairs forum?

It is now no longer gunner centric and I think best sits in the wider community!!